The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rp idea: LBT in modern times.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here's an idea for another RP, and while I do have some details planned, I'm open to ideas for people who want to participate for what the RP should feature.

Here's the idea:

Basically, this is set in an alternate universe. Dinosaurs were never wiped out by the meteorite, and grew on to become highly evolved. (Albeit, kept their same appearences.)

Presntly, in 2009, dinosaurs are now the dominant species on earth, and humans are extinct.  Other animals (mammals, fish, non-dinosaur reptiles etc... still exist though.)

Now, all the dinos live in a world like ours with technology, schools, clothes, phones, vehicles., etc.... (Though no more advanced than what we have now.)  Meat eaters and leafeaters get along because acrnivores eat the other animals, and egg eaters would eat the eggs of non-dinosaurs.

Also, this rp would have all the LBT cast (and your OCs...), so they wouldn't be around in the BCs.

So, anyone interested? Or have any ideas?  You can play as many characters and Ocs as you want.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe take some ideas you may like from Dinotopia and add that in.  Not sure if Dinos would wear lots of cloting, especially 4 footers, how would they put their clothes on?  having belts with pouches I can understand, those are handy, though not sure how a 4 footer would use those.   There are some pictures in the dinotopia books of 4 footers having pouches.  I guess they are for 2 footers to extract any fee of a purchased item or service.  Or to carry small handy things that they can ask a nearby 2 footer to take out for them.

Carnovires can also eat fish.  Maybe some specialized animals also, like humans do with goats, cows, ect.  

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jun 9 2009 on  10:50 AM
Maybe take some ideas you may like from Dinotopia and add that in.  Not sure if Dinos would wear lots of cloting, especially 4 footers, how would they put their clothes on?  having belts with pouches I can understand, those are handy, though not sure how a 4 footer would use those.   There are some pictures in the dinotopia books of 4 footers having pouches.  I guess they are for 2 footers to extract any fee of a purchased item or service.  Or to carry small handy things that they can ask a nearby 2 footer to take out for them.

Carnovires can also eat fish.  Maybe some specialized animals also, like humans do with goats, cows, ect.
Good point: Maybe there would be specially-designed clothes for 4-footers.  (2-footers could help them put them on.)

Actually, I never have read much of dinotopia honestly.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's ok, most folks have not and likely dislike the books.  The official site is: http://www.dinotopia.com/  if you want to look at any pages.

Some may try to work on vocal input of computers and some digital items so 4 footers could use them vocally.  Not sure if they'd be more or less advanced or the same as ours today.  Or using eye tracking where the computer can track the eye and you can make selections that way.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
More good ideas.  So, since you sound interested in the idea, is there anyone you want to control?

I guess when I said the technology shouldn't be more advanced than what it is now, I forgot to take that into account.  Maybe advanced just to the point that would be needed for 4 footers.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure who I"d like to control right now.

The overall tech may be the same as what we have, with maybe some bits a bit more advanced, and some less so perhaps.  But overall about the same.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Humans are extinct? Wouldn't it make more sense to say that humans never existed in this alternate universe?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if he has a sort of background story.

I guess large dinos would not use airplanes, and they may need to have different airlines for each type since it would take different size seats, ect to have passengers of such a variety of shapes & sizes. Same for other vehicles.  Though one can keep those off screen for the most part I guess.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The RP I'm planning is actually somewhat similar to this idea. I'll let everyone know about it next Monday, when I actually have the time to get to it. I don't want to participate in too many RPs, so I'll probably make an occasional guest appearance or two in this one.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks Chronicler.

And you're right DH. I should just say that humans never existed in this rp. It would make more sense.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Well, I'd imagine that dinosaurs would wear little to no clothing except in situations that required it (firefighting, police work, industrial, military, etc).

They may wear messenger style bags or bandoliers to carry items.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Makes sense. So clothes would only be used for necessary careers.

Do you want to join the RP Serris?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jun 9 2009 on  07:44 PM
Well, I'd imagine that dinosaurs would wear little to no clothing except in situations that required it (firefighting, police work, industrial, military, etc).

They may wear messenger style bags or bandoliers to carry items.
I don't know. If this RP is supposed to be set in the modern world, as we know it, it would make sense to me for them to wear at least enough clothing to cover the, uh, nudity, if you know what I mean. :oops

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you'd have to have covering for the 'sensitive areas.. although as the gang are kids thats not a big deal as of yet
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good point. That's an added idea now.

So, feel free to control which characters you want.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also one has to remember that since dinos are not mammals their bits would likely not be hanging out.  I assume they'd be more like birds, reptiles, or dolphins instead.  

It makes sense to me that they'd only have protective coverings for certain jobs, and perhaps for cold weather maybe, not for normal everyday wear.  Some for sensitive areas if one is going to be doing certain sports, including helmets that also protect the face, ect.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Didn't think about that. So yeah, clothes are only used for protection or jobs, or maybe if the characters just want to wear them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's easy to forget but dinos would have no breasts, nor male bits hanging out.  Breasts developed in the Synapsid like and what most call dinosaurs are of the Archosauria branch.  2 different lines.  I don't know much of dinosaurs but I've read a bit about this many many years ago.

The post office may employ many flyers who deliver only letters, with maybe the huge flyers, Quitzaquatilus (however you spell that) maybe delivering small packages.   The UPS and other deliveries may have only 4 footers or 4 footers with a 2 footer partner who deliver packages.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice idea about the flyers Kor, that's definitely added.

We should also have, mostly for fun, the dinos using video games and the internet.