The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you reading?

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A Battle History of the Imperial Japanese Navy by Michael Dull. A GREAT resource if you're looking to find the Japanese perspective on the Pacific War. Unlike his last name, Mr. Dull actually writes very well and engaging, and has done a lot of research from the United States Naval History Division by going through reels and reels of microfilm from the Japanese archives that had been kept classified for years. It's a marvelous companion to Sam Eliot Morison's "A History of United States Naval Operations in World War II" (and even serves to clear up some ambiguities in the latter's work), and I intend to use it extensively for my upcoming following of the 70th anniversary of the Pacific War. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Jurassic Park. Now I understand what Pangaea's (the user) name means! You learn something new every day.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Seamanship in the Age of Sail.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Dark Tower Series Book 1: The Gunslinger. It looks like such a short book but the story drags, making it seem longer. On the last page, about to read the Drawing of the Three (sequel).

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just picked up the original Tarzan of the Apes book for only £1.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Read a book today entitled "The History of the World According to Facebook" and dear lord was that a very awesome read.  Defiently worth the $8 to buy.  It was well, as funny as anything.

Basically, for those who don't know it, it starts off in the begining and goes throughout time to 2011....all in the form of Facebook messages and updates and pokes fun at everything in history, such as the sinking ot the Titanic....to the point in the band asking if they can stop playing while the Titanic replies with "Nope, you're going down with me" sort of thing.  Or Abraham Lincoln posting a message that he'll be at the theatre with John Wilkes Booth "liking" his message and so fourth XD

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
I'm currently reading...

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Death Note Manga
Stone of Tears

Yeeaaahhh... I enjoy reading xD

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While I was on holiday, I started reading the 'Song of Ice and Fire' books, and right now I'm on the third book. I'm really enjoying them, they're the type of books where you really can't tell what's going to happen next.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

I've been reading a few:

Age Of Fire volume 2: Dragon Avenger by E.E. Knight

On A Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

and I'm re-reading the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm reading "The World Without Us", which basically explains what would happen to everything on Earth if every human on the planet were to suddenly disappear. It's rather interesting so far, as it also describes some places that have already been abandoned for a while, to help imagine what such a world might be like.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just picked up the first three Dresden Files books and I'm on the second one, Fool Moon.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Triangle: The Fire That Changed America by David von Drehle. Excellent read on a very key event in American labor history that influenced things beyond just labor reform.

(runner up)
(runner up)