The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Trek 2009

jedi472 · 10 · 1132

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow. Just...wow. This has easily become the best movie of the year. The action was so well-done, the characters were perfect. Even the story was pretty awesome. This is easily the best Trek, and just an incredible film. I gave it an A- only because of some of its more odd effects and one or two 30-second weird scenes. Still, great film.

What do you guys think of it?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree it was a very good adventure film. It had a few funny scenes in it, like the first time I heard Chekov speaking. His strong, Russsian accent really made many people in cinema laugh. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I hope to see it one of these days if I can get a cousin of mine to come along. I am quite curious for it and your reviews are very encouraging :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Ah man, I want to see this so bad. I've heard absolutely nothing but positive reviews!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I saw it this last week. It was really good, and I'm not a big Star Trek fan... :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Poo! I really want to see that movie, but for some reason, the local cinema still does not premier it.
 Maybe next week I'll finally have my chance to see it :yes .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe it's due to the region you are in, different then the usa region so movies may premiere at a different date there.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It depends on what region you are in..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just heard Star Trek is coming out on DVD and BLu-ray on November 17! I can't wait!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My dad rented the DVD today, so I got the chance to watch it. I'm not much of a Star Trek fan, but this was still a good movie, in my opinion. According to my dad, everyone was in-character, but they were put through a different series of events, and it was still a great movie.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls