The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Awards 2011 - Appreciated Member Award!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

First of all, a huge thanks to everyone who took part in this year's votes for the GOF awards! Really does show your thoughts and considerations for other on the forum and I'm sure your kind words will have really touched those you nominated. If you have already won an award this year congrats! For those of you who might have come close, there is still a chance to nab one more award...namely this one!

The Appreciated Member award goes out to those candidates you feel deserve an award but didn't quite make it in the main categories. The eligible candidates are those who:

1. Voted in this year's awards, completed their nominations fully and achieved GREEN STATUS
2. Did NOT receive either a winning award OR a runner up award in the main categories.

Here are the candidates who have cleared those prerequisites and therefore can be voted for in this award:

brekclub85
Campion1
Cancerian Tiger
Caustizer
FlipperBoidSkua
Kor
LBTFan13
Littlefoot1616
Saft
Stitch
The Chronicler
vonboy

Everyone is free to vote for this category, even if you have already won something. It would be great to see the support of our winners and runner ups for this category. Voting begins as of........nnnnnn-NOW! and will open for 1 week only!. The category will close on Monday 11th July 2011 @ 12midnight (forum standard time)

Please only vote for ONE (1) candidate and all rules for the voting process apply as standard

Happy voting people! All the best to you! ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Might as well get the ball rolling!

For my candidate, I am voting for Caustizer because I feel his commitment to the forum has been more than noteworthy (as have others). His close work with Sky and his fanfiction pieces show his enthusiasm and passion for LBT just as much as the forum itself. A great member of the forum who I feel deserves an award this year. My vote is for him! ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of those listed I"ll choose to vote for   brekclub85 since among the various areas I have seen his posts are in some of the rpg threads I'm in and I find it fun to read his posts and to rp with hm in the rp's we're both in.  His posts in other areas are also fun and enjoyable to read as well.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
I vote for Caustizer for being an awesome friend at and outside the GOF. :)
He's been giving people good reviews and constructive advice to improve their work, myself included and I feel he contributes a lot to the GOF!  :yes

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've already voted for Caustizer for another award for reasons I had already explained, so my vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to vonboy. The reason I'm voting for this member is because he has decided to read all of my first fanfic, just so I can have at least one vote on it for the Fanfiction Award. I haven't heard of anyone else being so willing to take the time necessary for this (except maybe Caustizer), so I must show my appreciation for vonboy. I really hope you get to finish it before the deadline. :yes

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I cast my vote for Appreciated Member for vonboy. He has overall had a very positive attitude, he has provided feedback for several fanfics, and has been very open for discussion. I've got to know him through pms in the past months, and he's really a delight to talk to.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My vote goes out to campion for being a good friend. He definitely deserves my appreciation.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote for Campion, as he is nice person to talk to. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
The recipient of my vote, FlipperBoidSkua, may not be the most active or well-known member on the forum, but having had the chance to get to know her, I strongly feel that she deserves the recognition. FBS has been like the Prozac of the forum for me in the time I’ve known her; her conversations with me always brighten my day, andówhether deliberately or notóshe has proven to be quite motivational to me. In addition to that, and the reasons I gave for nominating her for the Friendly Member Award, she is one of our most prolific artists, a talented fanfiction writer, and enormously fun to socialize with if given the chance. I cast this vote with the hope that she will be able to more deeply ingrain herself into the community, and that other members will come to get to know and appreciate this wonderful person.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This award is both easy and extremely difficult to cast. Easy because there are less candidates and there is no need to elaborately compare different qualities. Difficult for pretty much the same reason that makes this decision more ambiguous than others.
David, Dillon, Anna, and Rob are all candidates I appreciate very, very much for both MSN conversations as well as what they write on the GOF.
And I guess there are few in the world whom I would call so great friends as Jason. He is just awesome and I am very much looking forward to meet one of my very "bestest friends" again in a few weeks. :D
However, I finally decided to cast my vote for another member I hold in very high esteem, to whom I have a great deal of confidence and who I really want to know how much I appreciate her. Therefore my vote for the Appreciated Member Award goes to Katie, Saft.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My vote goes to Brekclub85! Like he's said, I've gotten to talk to him a lot recently. He a very friendly member, and I really like the fiction he writes. Its very unique from other fictions on this board, since it paints such a positive light on sharpteeth. It's also very funny. He's such a funny and kind member in general, and I feel like we're starting to become friends now. :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For my vote, the person I've nominated has always made my day brighter in so many ways. She's nice, funny, and a person whom I'd call a very close friend on the forum, one of my best. She's an excellant writer, artist, and is very talented in those areas and much more. For my vote, I nominate, FlipperBoidSkua for the Appreciated Member Award.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Appreciated Member Award:
My appreciation goes to a very special member who someone manages to be completely kind yet absolutely honest at the same time. Those two qualities rarely go hand in hand. Often to be nice, one has to bend words. Often to be honest, one must step on someone’s toes. Yet Saft is constantly being there when I really need it and helping me so many times while handling both of those aspects at once with finesse. She’s one of those friends that just makes life more pleasant to go through, and I don’t know where I’d be without all the help she’s provided me. She is fun, funny, and kind, and she has my utmost admiration as a friend and a person.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My vote also goes to Campion.  From the messages I've read, he really seems to care for the fellow members of this forum.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
my vote, adfter much consideration.. goes the BREKCLUB*%, for his efforts in rping, and being a regular poster on this board.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What an interesting scenario this is...  I would say this definately means my vote is going to be worth it's wieght in gold, and it makes choosing who to give it to all the much tougher.

The bottom line is, who deserves it the most?  We all vote for who we like and know best but there are always extra things here and there that other members have done that we never take into account when we make our choice.

This year I decided to vote differently than last year.  Rather then put my vote down on members that are always good in that particular area, I voted for members who I felt were trying their best to become good in that area.

Its the reason why I gave Pangaea the fanart award this year.  Giving feedback on the works of others comes naturally to him, but the impressive leap and bound came in the form of drawing up birthday cards for certain members.  He is so nervous and humble that they are sent by PM exclusively to the member, so others never notice the great work that he has done.

The same applies for Sky on the Feedback award.  Drawing pictures is what he does and he does a heck of a job, but something he has been working on for the past few years is telling me how good I am doing in my work as well.  I hope he carries on and gives reviews for other works as well, since I think he is very good at it!

So now to my vote for Appreciated Member this year.  Last year's vote felt like it was easy.  Brekclub68 deserved a nomination for reasons that I passed along, but over the past year I feel like we have grown distant as friends because I rarely see any of his works anymore.  :cry

The member I feel deserves to win the Appreciated Member Award this year is, without further ado, vonboy because he has taken up the flag of the Fanfiction Award that I rose last year when I argued for it during the 2010 Awards and has run with it in a manner that is currently lacking in myself.

Take it from me... writing stories about something you love is easy once you get people reading and reviewing it, but writing reviews for other people's stories is exceptionally hard.  Often I find myself struggling to read through a story simply because the slightest grammar mistake, error in speech (ie. Petrie talking normally), or underdeveloped plot point turns me off from reading any further.

Some say I am my own toughest critic, but anyone who reads my reviews knows that I am also everyone elses toughest critic as well!  :lol  By giving vonboy my vote (and effectively removing myself from the running) I sincerely hope that he comes through on his promises to post reviews for the Fanfiction Award this year, to affirm my belief that he will remain a valuable member on this forum.

Honorable mention also goes out to Littlefoot1616 for taking on the responsibilty of running these awards.  They give many parts of this forum a kickstart, and bring people back (like me) who have otherwise been long gone.

Caustizer. :angel