The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 84099

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Sorry for another delay. :oops When will I learn not to promise to post by a specific date? :rolleyes

Quote from: The Chronicler,Mar 30 2011 on  07:36 PM
My character and the talking Fast-Biter, at the end of their first meeting near Ruby's home, agree to meet again in three days near Saurus Rock, due to being an easy place for both of them to reach.

As my character's group is heading back to the Great Valley with the iron, they are heading down a mountainside when my character slips, accidentally dumps the load of iron, and dislocates his leg. Refusing to go anywhere without the iron, my character asks Claw and Chomper to go to the Great Valley to get help. Eventually, a pack of Fast-Biters appear. My character is unable to stand, so he convinces Ruby that she will have to fight them off with his bamboo stick. She is able to hold them off for some time, but it's not enough. The help from the Great Valley comes at the last minute and they drive off the Fast-Biters. After getting carried back to the valley, my character is forced to spend the entire next day sitting in the cave to allow his leg to heal.

The following day is when my character forges his sword, which means that it is the following night the he meets with the talking Fast-Biter for a second time. Although he has enlisted help from Screech and Thud and they did capture a Rainbowface and question him, Screech and Thud lost patience and killed the Rainbowface. My character asks the talking Fast-Biter to find and capture another Rainbowface, and this time keep him alive. For not getting much information, my character also gives a little information: use rocks. The talking Fast-Biter understands the message and uses the strategy of pushing boulders off a cliff to injure prey. Word of this unheard of strategy eventually reaches the Great Valley.

The three Fast-Biters eventually capture and question another Rainbowface, but he doesn't have the information my character seeks. Desperate for whatever knowledge my character can offer, the talking Fast-Biter decides to give false information to my character when they next meet, which is at night at Saurus Rock three days after the previous meeting.

I don't know how much time will pass between that third meeting and the attack. Once my character finds out what's going on, he realizes something isn't right. Having lost patience a while ago, my character asks the talking Fast-Biter to take him to the Rainbowface to confirm the information, even though this causes everyone around them to realize that my character has been a traitor. The Fast-Biter contently admits that he lied. This enrages my character enough to engage the Fast-Biter in a sword fight.
Sounds good to me, Chronicler. :yes

At what point do you want your fast biter character to meet Screech and Thud? (I’ll have to make sure they split from Red Claw before that point.) I had the idea that it would take a little convincing for him to get Screech and Thud to help; I envision Screech as having the mindset that it’s obscene for a sharptooth to kill with anything other than its own teeth and claws, and only reluctantly agrees to help when the “double-speaker” fast biter offers to help them achieve their revenge. Thud would be a bit more open-minded, but still of the “what’s in it for me?” view.

By the way, the time frame of your subplot alerts me to another issue of being GM: the passage of time in the RP. The bulk of the events in the RP so far have taken place over just two days (it is currently the morning of the third day). Since several players seem to have more of a premeditated idea of what they’re going to do in the RP than in the past (plus the fact that, if time in the RP continued to pass at this rate, it would be a couple of years before your character and the talking fast biter get to battle :p), I think I might have the days go by a little faster than they did previously, keeping to the pattern of having everyone’s characters go to sleep and jumping ahead in time to the next day.

The trouble is, I don’t want the passage of days to be so fast that players who post more slowly aren’t able to get in a day’s worth of activities, but I don’t want there to be cases of players reaching the point where they’d planned to put their characters to sleep for the night long before other players, resulting in extended periods of waiting for those other players to wrap up. (Somehow I’m having a really hard time phrasing this; does everybody follow what I’m saying? :unsure:)

I can be flexible as far as my characters go; the timeline for my plans doesn’t really have any marked dates, and I think the Big Water trip should take more than one day anyway. So at the moment (at least until other players share their plans, if they have any), the timing issue isn’t a serious concern, but I think it is something we should be aware of as a potential problem.

Quote from: Redtooth101,Mar 31 2011 on  10:10 PM
Sorry for being gone so long guys, been at the hospital. My pc's been on ever since so that's why I was still online :loll
Yikes! :blink: Didn't know about that. Good to have you back. :)

Right now my OC is just engaged in small talk which leaves him open to near any plot available. From the looks of it he may join the Big Water gang just for the fun of it.
Stromer, the Spinosaurus seems more difficult to place into the plot, perhaps since Gigano is already following the Big Water group I could have him follow the group that goes to find a cure for Claw?
You're welcome to send your character along on the Big Water journey. :yes As for Stromer following Claw’s group, you’ll probably have to take that up with Chronicler.
Were you planning to play Stromer for a while before he meets up with Red Claw? Speaking of which, do you have any ideas as to how that meeting will happen? (I think it would be best if Stromer joined Red Claw after the latter has teamed up with Gigano.)

Just as a side note I was thinking of giving my OC a special ability, the ability to transform into a Spinosaurus but this is only triggered via anger.
Sure, you can do that. :yes Were you thinking that your character would have some degree of control over the transformation (e.g., could he suppress the change if he were in flight or inside a small space?) or would he automatically become a Spinosaurus whenever angry and change back as soon as he calmed down?

Quote from: LBTFan13,Apr 2 2011 on  04:00 PM
There's no need to apologize Pangaea. I understand how hectic life can be sometimes, so just try not to stress yourself out too much over this. I can certainly take Mr. Threehorn Pangaea ;)
Thanks, Rob, for both your understanding and your willingness to take Mr. Threehorn. :smile

I won't take Pterano if you would rather have somebody else play as him, since I will have four characters now. Otherwise, I can certainly take him as well.
Based on what Amy told me, Pterano's bearing on the plot is apparently less significant than that of Mr. Threehorn and Red Claw, so it doesn't matter as much who takes him. (The same seems to be true of Rebecca and Tria.)

Quote from: Redtooth101,Apr 2 2011 on  04:10 PM
I'd be happy to take Pterano if no one else will, I enjoy playing his character.
Sure, Redtooth, you can take him. :) Do you need any pointers or reminders as far as what Pterano has done in the RP so far and where he's at right now? (This would mainly be for continuity purposes.)

Has this RP been paused for two weeks already?! :wow I'm up for continuing it if everyone else is!

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm open for it.  

Do folks want a summary of events so far?  I'm not sure if some may like that but though someone may.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
You're welcome to send your character along on the Big Water journey.  As for Stromer following Claw’s group, you’ll probably have to take that up with Chronicler.
Were you planning to play Stromer for a while before he meets up with Red Claw? Speaking of which, do you have any ideas as to how that meeting will happen? (I think it would be best if Stromer joined Red Claw after the latter has teamed up with Gigano.)

I was just thinking of a way to have Stromer run into Red Claw is all. I agree to the idea that Gigano should meet him firs and now I just need to figure out how to make them meet in a less violent manner than say, someone walking in on the other's meal.

Sure, you can do that.  Were you thinking that your character would have some degree of control over the transformation (e.g., could he suppress the change if he were in flight or inside a small space?) or would he automatically become a Spinosaurus whenever angry and change back as soon as he calmed down?

If he tries hard enough he could postpone the transformation and if calmed could avert it all together, how does that sound?

Sure, Redtooth, you can take him.  Do you need any pointers or reminders as far as what Pterano has done in the RP so far and where he's at right now? (This would mainly be for continuity purposes.)

I'd like that please, never hurts to have good information.

Finally, I'm ready to start this thing :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm certainly ready to continue if everybody else is. I think we have effectively come up with a good foundation as to where everybody is and where we feel the RP should go.

Again Pangaea, I"m here to help you as your GM assistant. You need anything, just let me know. I got your back on this one ;)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All right! I'm ready to get this show son the road again. ;)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm ready when you are. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm ready too!

I just want to know what Littlefoot will be doing over the next day or two, because I want to be with him one night to play him the music.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm afraid I've got a few writing assignments to do for the next two weeks, so I might not be posting much for some time. Besides, I'm not as frequent a poster in this RP as others, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal for now.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For those of you who haven’t seen, I posted in the RP less than two hours ago: it is now officially reopened. :DD

Quote from: LBTFan13,Apr 5 2011 on  12:17 AM
I'm certainly ready to continue if everybody else is. I think we have effectively come up with a good foundation as to where everybody is and where we feel the RP should go.

Again Pangaea, I"m here to help you as your GM assistant. You need anything, just let me know. I got your back on this one ;)
And I appreciate it immensely, Rob. Thank you. :)

By the way, I understand you've been under a lot of stress lately yourself, so don't worry yourself too much over this RP, either.

Quote from: Redtooth101,Apr 4 2011 on  11:31 PM
I agree to the idea that Gigano should meet him firs and now I just need to figure out how to make them meet in a less violent manner than say, someone walking in on the other's meal.
It could be that Red Claw and Gigano just happen to run into Stromer, and invite him to join them. Or, if you wanted to start playing Stromer sooner, perhaps he could have a few run-ins (even minor confrontations) with Red Claw even before Screech and Thud leave him, but Red Claw doesn’t get the idea to “recruit” Stromer until after he meets Gigano, and actively seeks him out afterwards to request an alliance. (The trouble with this idea is what you would do with Stromer in the meantime, after you introduce him but before he joins Red Claw.)

Sure, you can do that.  Were you thinking that your character would have some degree of control over the transformation (e.g., could he suppress the change if he were in flight or inside a small space?) or would he automatically become a Spinosaurus whenever angry and change back as soon as he calmed down?
If he tries hard enough he could postpone the transformation and if calmed could avert it all together, how does that sound?
Sure. Please pardon me if I seem like I’m forcing ideas on you or something; obviously, it's your dinosona and you can do what you want. Just if you haven’t quite decided yet what you’re going to do with it, I thought I could help you brainstorm.

Sure, Redtooth, you can take him.  Do you need any pointers or reminders as far as what Pterano has done in the RP so far and where he's at right now? (This would mainly be for continuity purposes.)
I'd like that please, never hurts to have good information.
Pterano first entered the Great Valley two days ago, seeking safety from Red Claw (who had attacked him at the time). Mr. Threehorn strongly objected to his presence, and demanded that he leave. Amy, some other GOF members, and a few members of the gang convinced him to let Pterano stay, though Mr. Threehorn remained suspicious of him. (For most of the first two days, Pterano essentially had only a background role in the RP.) On the evening of the second day, he informed Amy that he was feeling unwelcome in the valley, and had decided to leave. Amy asked to come with him, deciding that she felt similarly uncomfortable. She only told Pangaea that the two of them were leaving. Shortly afterwards, however, she changed her mind and returned to the valley while Pterano was asleep. When Pterano woke up and found her gone, he went looking for her, eventually finding her at the site of the battle between the valley dinosaurs and Red Claw’s temporary fast biter mega-pack. He arrived just in time to save Mr. Threehorn from some fast biters. Pterano proceeded to further aid in the battle by distracting Red Claw while Mr. Threehorn fought him, until he was knocked out by a swipe from Red Claw’s tail. After the battle, Mr. Threehorn woke Pterano up, and a sympathetic Iguanodon named Iggy (another of Rat_lady’s temporary OCs) carried him back to the valley. The next morning (the current day of the RP), Pterano returned to his sister’s nest, where he explained to Rebecca that he was hoping to find a way to redeem himself.

By the way, in Rat_lady7’s characterization of Pterano, he prefers silver swimmers (fish) to green food and tree sweets. Pterano hasn’t flown since being injured, but it’s probably due to being too sore and weak to fly, as opposed to being outright incapable of it. As described in this post, Rat_lady7’s plans for Pterano were to have him try to find his niche in the valley and further prove that he is trustworthy, perhaps spending more time with his nephews and nieces in the process.

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Gonna take me some time for me to fully get into that character and get in tune with the ideas but I think I can get it right.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure where Petrie was or who he was with.  I remember the other characters I was doing but not him for some reason.  Does anyone else remember?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rocky,Apr 8 2011 on  07:59 PM
hey, is it too late to jump back in?
No, not at all! Welcome back! :)

As I recall, you last posted just before the beginning of the big hostage-rescue-battle subplot (which was last night in RP time). You'll need some kind of explanation for what your character has been doing since then. Perhaps he went to sleep before the whole thing happened?

Quote from: Kor,Apr 9 2011 on  09:52 PM
I'm not sure where Petrie was or who he was with. I remember the other characters I was doing but not him for some reason. Does anyone else remember?
Petrie was in the same area as Pangaea, Guido, Sparky, Nana, and Daniel.

Speaking of whom, FlipperBoidSkua and LBTDiclonius, are you going to post anytime soon? (This was my last post; do you need my character to prompt yours better?)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ I just posted, I was waiting for the right time to come in, I guess. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Don't know where FBS is though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As Guido, Daniel and some of the others? Ok.  I'll try to do a post and try to remember who he's with.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
:oops Sorry!! I'll post pronto!! My laptop got a virus and wouldn't let me on the internet for a while!