The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 84136

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very annoying when that happens.  

Wonder if I should have petrie just go and find 1 of his friends since he seems alone.  Not sure of my other characters.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
School's got me so tied up right now. Sorry guys I'll try to post more often.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
^ That's okay; I think that's the case with a lot of players. (At least, I'm hoping that's the reason there's been so little activity in the RP lately. :unsure:)

By the way, a question to Rob and (especially) GVG: I notice that you seem to have a subplot involving Longtail going on, and was wondering how you were planning this to affect/relate to the rest of the RP. No offense, and not to stifle your creativity, but I kind of feel like the plot of the RP should remain centered on the GOF members and main LBT characters.

I should add that I know very little about Longtail's story, and nothing about his relationship to this “Crusher the redhorn” character who has been introduced. (What is he exactly? A threehorn?) I don't know anything about Crusher himself, either, though I can see him as perhaps having a role in the RP outside of his interactions with Longtail. He seemed contemptuous of the newcomers in the first post he appeared in; maybe he could become a new advocate for kicking the GOF members out of the valley?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been waiting for Serris to respond since his characters are interacting with mine.  I have no idea if he is still in this or not :unsure:.

As for the idea of Crusher trying to kick us out, I'm not sure about that.  Don't we have enough problems (and angry residents) to deal with already?  Besides, I don't think Grandpa Longneck (or even Mr. Threehorn, considering he's okay with the newcomers) would just let some outsider waltz into the valley and try to take charge of anything, but that's just my opinion :p.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 9 2011 on  11:49 PM
I've been waiting for Serris to respond since his characters are interacting with mine.  I have no idea if he is still in this or not :unsure:.
Ah, that explains a lot. Have you tried sending him a PM?

As for the idea of Crusher trying to kick us out, I'm not sure about that.  Don't we have enough problems (and angry residents) to deal with already?  Besides, I don't think Grandpa Longneck (or even Mr. Threehorn, considering he's okay with the newcomers) would just let some outsider waltz into the valley and try to take charge of anything, but that's just my opinion :p.
The thing is, precisely because Mr. Threehorn's more supportive of the newcomers now, the faction of the valley that wants us to leave (or just dislikes us) no longer has a face; there's no specific character advocating for them. Crusher may not be the perfect choice for that roleóI agree completely about how Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Threehorn would probably reactóbut even if he technically has no authority in the valley, I think that if the resident dinosaurs saw someone who shared their views about the newcomers and was trying to enforce them, they might very well support and follow him.

Again, it would be really nice to have some exposition on Crusher; to know who he is associated with, whether he holds any authority among them, his relationship to the other characters, whether he's arrogant enough in his personality to attempt to influence valley politics, etc.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't been here in awhile, anyone care to fill me in on RP events?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm sorry I haven't really responded to anything here. Last couple weeks have been a little hectic for me.

To tell you guys the truth, I really don't know where GVG is going with this little subplot. I asked him to post in the discussion thread about it before, but he probably forgot about it. I can send him a PM again and remind him that we can't let it get out of hand or too big, and also to post what he had in mind here so everybody knows what's going on.

I'm sorry if it seems like we went rogue on this. He kind of surprised me with it and I just went along with it to see where he was going with it.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm kind of with Littlefoot and a lot of other characters that seem to be getting into an argument. I can't really do much until GVG and LBTFan do more with their subplot. Maybe I can find a way to contribute to that big confrontation that's ensuing.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for not being active recently. I've been busy catching up on a few things at home this week. Now that I've got nearly all of it out of the way, I can get back to this RP.

I took a quick look to help remind me where I currently am. Basically, my character and Ruby are beginning their journey to Ruby's family's home. However, I find myself waiting once again on Myrkin before I can make my next post.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,May 11 2011 on  07:48 PM
I haven't been here in awhile, anyone care to fill me in on RP events?
Sorry for not addressing your question sooner, Belmont. I suppose the good news is, you haven't missed much. The RP has been fairly uneventful recently (something that I can't help but feel is partly my fault). Here are the present whereabouts of the characters as far as I can ascertain:
  • FlipperBoidSkua’s Therizinosaurus dinosona (Sparky), LBTDiclonius’s longneck dinosona (Nana), RedTooth101’s Cearadactylus dinosona (Daniel), my dinosona, and Guido are approaching the Thundering Falls.

• LBTFan13’s dinosona is with Mr. Threehorn, Longtail, and GVG’s OC Crusher (don’t know what species he is) by the Great Wall. Littlefoot and Cyrix are watching them from a distance along with Jasper and vonboy’s characters (both human).

• All of Cancerian Tiger’s characters are gathered in one place, where they had been talking to Serris’s fast runner dinosona (James) and his Utahraptor OC Deimos (Serris hasn’t posted in a while, and it is not clear whether he is still participating).

• Chronicler, Ruby, Claw, and Chomper are leaving the Great Valley to find a cure for Claw’s toxic-fruit-induced-illness.

• Red Claw, Screech, and Thud are still at the site of last night’s battle, feeding on the carcasses of the casualties.

• Amy (who has been played by me since Rat_lady7 left the forum, and will no longer be a major character in the RP) is fishing near the Thundering Falls.

• Ozzy and Strut are wandering around the valley looking for eggs to steal.

Quote from: LBTFan13,May 13 2011 on  12:43 PM
To tell you guys the truth, I really don't know where GVG is going with this little subplot. I asked him to post in the discussion thread about it before, but he probably forgot about it. I can send him a PM again and remind him that we can't let it get out of hand or too big, and also to post what he had in mind here so everybody knows what's going on.
Sure, Rob, that would be very helpful. :yes

That reminds me: Anna, have you or anyone else found out yet if Serris is still playing? I can send him a PM and ask him if you haven't done so yourself already.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's an OC I'm going to have in my fanfiction soon that I'd like to bring into this RP soon as well.

Name - Cutter
Gender - Male
Species - Fast Biter (same as Screech and Thud)
Appearance - Green in color, and about the same age and size as Chomper.
Personality - Kind of shy. Not really a hunter, he usually just eats insects, and what his two older brothers catch. He only speaks sharptooth.

I would like to bring him in and have him meet Chomper and his group when they're in the Mysterious Beyond. Then maybe have him tag along for a while. Him and Chomper are supposed to already know each other, but they haven't met in a long time.

Does that sound ok?
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You have my approval, Von. :yes You'll just have to take it up with Myrkin and Chronicler now.

"Saura" actually is the feminine form of "sauros" in Greek, so out of those two choices for the name, I'd go with "Sauro". Personally, however, I'd try to keep thinking of a name, seeing as "Sauro" could be given to just about any dinosaur, but in my opinion doesn't really fit a raptor too well; most of them don't even have the "-saurus" suffix in their names.

Speaking of OCs, I felt like revising my earlier thoughts on Crusher. Not too long after posting my ideas about involving him more in the main plot of the RP, I sorta changed my mind about it; I guess I'd prefer to stick with canon characters as the major antagonists. (It feels kind of awkward bringing an OC in out of nowhere as the new villain.) After reading some of GVG's recent posts involving Crusher, I'm thinking now that it might not work to force him into the antagonist mold anyway. Some more information about him and the rest of the Longtail subplot would be appreciated, though.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Okay yeah, I kinda dropped the ball on this one. :oops

First off, in dealing the the arrival of Charger, I was originally planning on him telling the truth, with him and the rest of their herd wanting their current leader dead. I still plan on the characters having a long, involving discussion on what should be done. Truth be told, I had not planned on being any sort of fighting. Just alot of talking at this point.

If any of the other members would like to step in or start asking questions about what's going on it would certainly be alright with me.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'll keep looking for a name for him. I'm just so bad at name making. It'll be about 3 weeks before I post the episode he appears in, and at the rate this RP is going, Chomper won't be in the Mysterious Beyond for a month or two :b
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess it would be okay for you to bring in your OC, vonboy. Just let me know what you are planning so that I can figure out a way we can fit everything together.

For reasons I will soon explain, I think it would be a good idea to let you in on a little history on how this RP has been going, specifically about how we've handled Chomper. When we started this RP, Chomper was played by one of the newer members (I forget who). Later on, after we had concluded that that member was no longer active, I took Chomper, since no one else wanted him and I figured that it would be easy for me since I already had Ruby. When day 1 in the RP ended, I asked Myrkin to take Chomper, since I could not figure out what to do with him, and his character, Claw, seemed to spend more time with Chomper.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because I have a feeling that you might want to take control of Chomper, since you say that your OC and Chomper have known each other for a while. I just think it would be easier to show that if you had Chomper instead of Myrkin. Of course, you'll have ask Myrkin if you could take Chomper.

As for why I would suggest this, my reason is that since I gave Chomper to someone, I feel like I have a say in what might work best.

- Berix

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would like to bring him in and have him meet Chomper and his group when they're in the Mysterious Beyond. Then maybe have him tag along for a while. Him and Chomper are supposed to already know each other, but they haven't met in a long time.

Does that sound ok?

If they already know each other, then indeed it would be easier if you had played Chomper. If you have plans for him and your OC, then I don't mind giving Chomper up. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'd LOVE to take control of Chomper for awhile.

Like I said before, I'm awful at making up names. Does anybody have a better name for my character than Sauro? Also, another thing about him I forgot to mention is that he can only speak sharptooth.

I'm still thinking of what I will do with that character. My idea right now is to try to get him accepted in the Great Valley as well, which would be very hard because of his speech deficiency.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Just wanna let you all know, especially the people I'm interacting with. There's a large chance I'm gonna get grounded soon and when I'm grounded, I'm usually denied internet access. Just wanna warn you that my replies might be slowed down (When I'm grounded, I try to sneak on the computer as often as I can)! :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just want to clear up a little confusion I'm seeing in the RP recently. Just so everyone understands, Chomper is currently out in the Mysterious Beyond with Ruby, Chronicler, and Claw. I've seen some people in the RP say that Chomper is elsewhere, and I just want to make it clear that they are mistaken. Again, Chomper is out in the Mysterious Beyond, and I think vonboy will be playing him from now on.

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,May 31 2011 on  08:01 AM
Like I said before, I'm awful at making up names. Does anybody have a better name for my character than Sauro? Also, another thing about him I forgot to mention is that he can only speak sharptooth.
Well, here's a few ideas I managed to brainstorm:
  • Cutter – References an action a sharptooth would do with its claws or teeth. Also complements Chomper's similarly action-based name.
  • Tory – From "raptor", meaning "seizer".
  • Dromie – Pronounced with a long O; from Dromaeosaurus; means "running".
  • Nych – Could be pronounced like "Nick" or "Nike"; from Deinonychus; means "claw".