The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 159924

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Deimos?  That name sounds really familiar.  The only other Deimos I've ever heard of was a fastbiter we call a Utahraptor back in my world, and he was in a war fanfic.  Your looks match his description, too," Anna said, wondering if she was in fact speaking to the same Deimos from Twilight Valley.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I have no idea, Von, and I would rather not find out. That's why me, Ruby, Chronicler and Chomper are leaving the Valley to search for cure," Claw answered. At that moment, two fastrunners arrived at the cave.

"Hello, Ruby. Hello, Chronicler" Chomper greeted with them.

"Hello" fastbiter said, trying to put a smile on his face, despite the pain he felt in the head "It's good you're back. Can we journey to your home now, Ruby? I don't want to rush anybody, but finding the cure as soon as possible is preferable for me."
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix smiled at the young longneck.
"Then Littlefoot may I suggest we go find Rob and tell him how we plan to help?" He then looked up to the sky as he spoke. "After all Rob could probably use some friendship right now."

~~~~~

Longtail stopped crying as he heard Rob speaking. "W-well... if you want to help... find my so called creator..." he paused for a moment making sure what he said next came out clear, and when he did a bit of anger pushed through his voice."And make him help me find a way to control my anger!"

~~~~~~

Rick looked at Zaine.
"What we need is an adventure. One that hopefully stays inside the valley. But what we need to do is find Rob, Littlefoot and Longtail. Of course I can guess where Littlefoot would be, although finding Rob might be a bit difficult, and finding Longtail is almost all but impossible, if that flyer doesn't want to be found, then he can hide for days..." he gave a small laugh.

"But, we still have to try. After all you and Longtail never seem to give up, no matter what the odds, so neither can I." said Rick with warm smile.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nodded. "I just feel terrible for him. It's one thing to be bitten and turned into a fast biter, but it's another for all the grown ups to treat him like he's dangerous. I know that he isn't, but I don't know how to convince the grown ups so. If only there was a way Rob could prove that he doesn't mean harm."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob could tell that Longtail was starting to become angry again. "Longtail, we won't have to make Rick help you. He'll do it on his own free will because he cares about you, but you need to calm down. You don't want to lose control over your emotions like last time. Just please trust me, he can and will help you."

"Mind if I cut in?" Mr. Threehorn popped out from behind some trees with a stern look on his face. He had been following Rob and Longtail for a little now, just long enough to hear everything they said. "Just where do you two think you're going?"

"I'm going to the Mysterious Beyond," Rob replied. "It's pretty clear that nobody wants me here, so I'm doing the valley a favor and leaving."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's actually not a bad idea," Zaine agreed. "Longtail is always up for an adventure, and if we can keep it in the Great Valley then we won't have to worry about running into sharpteeth, at least besides Rob." A small sense of hope was beginning to grow within Zaine's heart, and it felt really good. "Longtail can definitely be hard to find, but we can never stay apart for too long. I'm sure we'll find him."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel let out a puff of air as he smiled and calmed down, sitting on Sparky's head. "I wish I turned into a sharptooth when I got sucked into here, however that happened" he said and then leaned forwards to look Sparky in the eyes although upside-down. "You want me off your head or are you okay with it?"

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von steps up to Ruby, and extends his hand to shake Ruby's hand. "Why, hello Ruby! I've met Claw and Little Chomper here, and I heard about what happened to Claw. Can I come with you to help?"
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos scratched his head. "Wait, so you've heard of me before? But I have never left this valley?"

James scratched his head. "Yeah, I've heard of that name too. There was a dinosaur named 'Deimos' in a war story I wrote. You look exactly like him too!"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After hearing Guido's comment about Sparky, Nana smirked and though, "I actually wouldn't be suprised is she WAS dropped on her head."

"Everybody's different, Guido, and some people just like different things I guess," Nana said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie nodded, "Everyone different.  If not everyone be exactly same." Petrie said, thinking what it would be like if everyone was exactly the same.  

"It be strange if everyone same." Petrie said after his imaging what the world would be like if everyone was exactly the same.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, I'm not sure if you're the same Deimos I'm thinkin' of," Anna replied.  She then heard James' comment and looked at him in a surprised manner.

"You're the one who wrote a story with a dinosaur named Deimos in it?  It's called Twilight Valley.  Wait a minute.  That must explain why you're acting strange around dinosaurs.  You're originally a human, is that right?"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James nodded. "How did you know about that!?" he demanded. He then pondered. "Wait... You must be one of readers of that story. Then... Oh, s---! We're both former Humans!"

Deimos was staring at the two in puzzlement. "What?" he asked.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Couldn't agree more, Claw," replied Chronicler. "Although my reasons to leaving soon are mostly because we have no idea how long it might take to get there."

Ruby was a little surprised, but accepted Von's gesture and said, "Well, it's nice to meet you too, new friend. What is your name?"

Before Von could say anything, Chronicler gently pushed him away with his bamboo pole and said, "Oh no, you're not coming with us. We've already got enough problems on our hands."

"But Chronicler, he just want's to help us."

"Ruby, it's bad enough that I unintentionally gave humans a bad reputation last night. I don't want to make it even worse by letting people in the Mysterious Beyond see what a real human looks like."

Ruby turned back to Von and stared at him. This was, in fact, the first time she had seen what a real human actually looked like.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Chronicler, I do just want to help. But if you think I'd do more harm then good, then I guess you won't need my help." Von's first impression of Chronicler wasn't a very good one. He didn't really know what Chronicler meant when he said he gave Humans a bad reputation. What could he have done that was so bad?

Von turned back to Ruby "By the way, My name is Von. I'd like to get to know you better, but I guess I don't have time for that right now. I guess I'll see you all when you get back. Bye." He said his goodbye's to Chomper and Claw too.

Von stepped out of the cave. "Hmm, Who could I try talking too now? How about Littlefoot?" He set off for the Longneck nest, Perhaps Littlefoot or his grandparents were there. Von also wanted to meet more GoF members to learn more about what was going on, but he figured most GoF members would be with the Great Valley characters. If he looked for those characters, he'd probably see some more humans too.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Stretching and grasping for any available handhold or crevice with his spindly fingers, and bracing himself against the same anchorpoints with his powerful legs and large feet, Ozzy slowly worked his way up the side of the bluff. It wasn’t easy for him; his body was built for running, not climbing. Still, he and Strut had been in many situations in which they had had to climb to safety, so he liked to think that he was better at it than the average egg stealer. The climb seemed to take hours, but Ozzy was so focused on attaining his eggy breakfast that he didn’t care.

Finally, Ozzy’s claws gripped the edge of the outcrop on which the nest was built. As he pulled himself up, he craned his long neck over the edge, and drooled at the sight that met him. There must have been over a dozen eggs nestled within that shabbily woven saucer of twigs and tree needles, ready to crack open and eat.

“Aaah…” Ozzy rasped hungrily, “at last!”

He reached out an arm to pluck an egg from the nest, and was about to decide which one he would eat first when there was a whoosh and a gust of air, followed by a thump directly in front of Ozzy. The egg stealer stood frozen in place for a second or so, then slowly looked up, meeting the gaze of a very cross-looking flyer.

Oh, crap” would have been an accurate human translation of the thought that entered Ozzy’s mind at that moment.

Ozzy grinned as innocently as he could. “Uhh…I think this one’s a dud,” he said, pointing at the egg he had been about to grab. “Mind if I take it off your hands?”

The force of the flyer’s beak hammering down on Ozzy’s snout should have been enough on its own to knock the egg stealer off the cliff, but Ozzy expedited his fall as his hands instinctively flew to his throbbing nose, relinquishing their hold on the outcrop. Ozzy proceeded to tumble backwards down the cliff, his initial cry of pain quickly becoming a drawn-out scream of terror. He landed directly on top of Strut, both egg stealers collapsing into a heap.

“Ow,” Strut grunted. Then he looked up at his brother lying on top of him and asked optimistically: “So, Oz, did you get any eggs?”

“Shud ub, Bark Brain,” Ozzy groaned, still holding his aching nose.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix looked at LIttlefoot with a curious and questioning expression on his face as he asked aloud, 'What exactly did Chomper have to do to prove himself to the other elders here in the valley? Surely you didn't just tell them you helped raise him and they accepted that did they?"

~~~~~~

Longtail was shocked to see that Mr. Threehorn had followed them this far, but at hearing Rob's statement he gave a loud and obvious scoff as he replied, "No Rob, you are not going anywhere! If the valley elders want you gone, then they are going to have a problem on their tails, because I know for a fact that Zaine, nor Littlefoot would forgive themselves if they knew you left without at least saying goodbye."

He then faced Topsy and asked with the air of a friendly challenge, "What do you think Mr.Threehorn, do you see Rob as a threat?!"

~~~~~~

Rick thought for a moment and then asked a question. "Hey Zaine, about that... what do  you think it is that draws you and Longtail so close together? What makes you two inseparable?"

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Jasper looked at the pink fast-biter and said to himself, "So this is Ruby. It's amazing to see that I'm meeting her for the first time." He then waved his hand at her and said, "Hi there Ruby it's nice to meet you. I'm Jasper."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Flapper saw a group of dinos and headed over in their direction to see what was going on.  

----------

"Me glad everyone not the same." Petrie said.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I'm really a human too.  Hey, you're Serris from the GOF!  Holy crap!  There's more GOF members here than I knew of.  Oh, sorry for bein' so rude.  I'm Cancerian Tiger from the GOF, a.k.a CT.  My real name's Anna, but feel free to call me any of 'em," Anna replied, excited to meet yet another GOF member.  Meanwhile, the others did their best to understand what the two humans in disguise were talking about.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Rob shook his head. "Littlefoot I can understand, but you didn't hear Zaine tell me to leave. He told me he never wanted to see me again and to leave him and the Great Valley." Rob didn't want to get in a fight with Longtail over this, but he knew Zaine meant what he said before.

"So that was you," Threehorn concluded. "I heard yelling and went to see what was going on. Looks like I found it."

"I get it," Rob replied. "You don't trust me, just like all the other grown ups here."

"If you ask me, all you newcomers are strange," Threehorn grunted. He almost moaned a little before continuing, as he was going to have a hard time saying what he had to say. "I initially wanted to believe that you are a threat, but it's clear that you haven't done anything harmful." He glanced at Longtail briefly. "To answer your question: no, I do not think he is a threat."

This answer really caught Rob by surprise. All this time he had known Threehorn to put his own thoughts before anybody else, so to hear him defending him was unexpected. "Thank you."

"Just don't do anything to make me change my mind," Threehorn snorted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Littlefoot thought for a second, trying to recall if anything was done for Chomper. "I don't remember. I mean we did tell them that Chomper took care of us when we were stranded on his island, and his parents were willing to protect us as well."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, we do care a great deal for each other," Zaine replied to Rick's question. "I guess we just have this strong bond where we can tell when one of us needs the other. It sounds weird, but we just know when to be there for each other."

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von had walked for a ways before he eyed the Longneck nest. He Noticed Littlefoot there with another Dinosaur he wasn't familiar with. "another strange dinosaur?" He thought. "Could it be another human?"

He walked up to offer a friendly greeting. "Hello."
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)