The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 160045

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper translated the two greeting to Cutter. <They said it's nice to meet you. If your my friend, then your their friend too. We are kind of in a hurry though, so if you'd like to chat, come along!>

Cutter walked up beside Chomper, and the two caught up to the other, who were already walking off.

<So, why are you in such a hurry?> Cutter asked.

<Our friend here is very sick. Dieing, actually, and we need to get him to this fast runner's parents as soon as we can!> Concern showed on Chomper's face as he told Cutter.

<Who are these other dinosaurs?> Cutter questioned.

<Oh, sorry about that. Been so rushed, didn't even think of that!> Chomper slapped his claw on his face, making Cutter chuckle. <This fast runner here is Ruby, the other one is Chronicler, and the sick fast biter is Claw.>
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"<Hello, Cutter. Nice to meet you,>" Claw said to Chomper's old friend, hoping that his sharptooth speech was good enough to be understandable. He was curious since when and where Chomper and Cutter knew each other, since a great story might be connected with this fact. If that was the case, then he would be glad to listen to it, since it would focus his mind on something else than the reason for this journey.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
To John's inquiry of current events, Sparky could only shrug. "I'm new, so I don't know much of what's happening in the world, as usual." Eyes naturally drawn to the sight of the pretty waterfall, she grinned even more. "Excuse me, good sir, but I wantz to be a general nuisance to anyone near the water...."

With that, she strode off closer to the water, a little ways from Pangaea and Guido so not to pester them too much, as she glanced up at her Flyer 'hat'. "Willing to get wet, Dan ol'buddy? I fully intend to find out if I can still swim like this..." She glances at her claws, wondering how much use they might be in helping her travel via the doggy paddle. Probably not much... She knew theropods in general can swim, but the techniques used for such a feat would be alien to her. She'd probably look like more of an idiot than usual...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana then realized no one was standing next to her anymore and craned her neck sideways to find that everyone was at the watering hole. She rolled her eyes playfully and turned her head back towards John.

"Pardon me, but if you don't mind..." she said, walking towards her little group near the edge. She looked at sparky, who was glancing at her claws.

"You going for a swim?" she asked her. Nana knew she herself was going to, or at least, try to swim. Of course, it would be difficult to do that now that she was a Quadroped, but hey. Worth a shot, right?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Crusher cleared his throat and then asked, "Well, Longtail do we have a deal? Will you help us take down our leader?"

Longtail didn't look angry now, or happy. He looked as if he were deep in thought. His eyes facing the ground, but shifting back and forth as if debating one of t he biggest decisions of his life.

Cyrix for his part couldn't believe he was hearing and seeing all this.
"Longtail you... you can't be serious! Think about this for a moment! Even if Crusher here keeps his word to not hurt you anymore it still isn't the right thing to do and you know it!" he cried aloud as he stepped out of the bushes and into the clearing.

Rick too was thinking about this. It seemed almost too good to be true, and honestly he wasn't sure if he could believe any of this was really happening. He looked to Zaine and asked, "Zaine... what should we do?"

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Oh no no no, pterasaurs and water don't mix from my knowledge" Danial said looking at the water and then at his wings. "So I guess this is my stop, how much is it, $2.50?" he joked.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
<Um, hello, Claw.> Cutter said back at Claw. It took him a second to get what Claw was trying to say, but he still got it.

<You don't know sharptooth that well, do you?>
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana laughed at Daniel's joke. It was True, Pterosaurs and water weren't the best pair ever, and only Certain Pterosaurs lived near water, and she didn't think whatever type of Dino Daniel was, wasn't the best swimmer either.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sparky laughed along with the joke before playing along and pausing to 'think' as she lowered to the ground so Daniel can get off without incident. "Hmmmm. Normally, I'd charge 25 cents, but since your my friend, I'll give you a 25 cent discount!" Yay discounts!!

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"<Not yet. I'm still learning,>" Claw responded after a few seconds of figuring out what Cutter had said. Hopefully, the more Chomper teach him, the better he will become with speaking sharptooth.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was having some trouble putting all of this together. It seemed too good to be true for a temporary allegiance with the redhorns, to stop the hatred between them and Longtail. It was something he had been dreaming of for a while now. At the same time, mentioning Kor triggered something in his mind. He hadn't seen Kor for a long time now, and in this time he had not made a single attack against Longtail. Something seemed different. Something must have changed. "Longtail! I think we should agree to this!" he called out.

Rob glanced at Zaine when he said this. He had an idea of what was going through his mind, which meant he must have been thinking the same thing. "I agree," he muttered to the flyer. "Although, there may be a way to solve this without fighting Kor. Something must have happened if he hasn't tried to make a move on you yet. We should probably find him and see if we can talk it out or something.

Littlefoot wasn't surprised that Cyrix disapproved of everything, but in the back of his mind he knew that maybe this had to be done. "Cyrix, wait!" he called out. "Maybe we should think about this. I mean, what if this will end the differences between them? Maybe we should go through with it!"

Threehorn kept silent during the whole conversation. He knew Crusher well, so he knew when he was being sincere and when he wasn't. He certainly seemed like he was telling the truth, but something else seemed strange about it. He couldn't put his paw on it, but something seemed different about Crusher this time. Whatever the case was, he was going to make sure that nothing serious would happen to the valley.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel laughed as his slid off her head. "Thanks, I'll be sure to wait for you when I need to get back. Not a lot of buses on this route anyway" he chuckled as his sat at the water's edge.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix couldn't believe what he was hearing from eveyrone. "Would you all listen to yourselves! You all want Longtail to fight his oldest enemy that could possibly kill him so that Crusher can take over?! Are you all crazy?!" He shouted aloud.

Rick had to admit, he could indeed see where the others train of thoughts were going, but still Cyrix also had a solid point. "Okay it's obvious by now that the majority rules Cyrix." he paused for a second. "But everyone knows this now... that if we go we take as much protection as possible. No offense to Crusher, but the rest of the Redhorns are about as trustworthy as sand!"

Crusher gave a light chuckle at Rick's analogy of the other Redhorns. "The... huu man isn't wrong. The more protection we can get the better off we'll be!" he said with a confidant smile.

Longtail for his part had stayed surprisingly silent during this whole transaction. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts as the flyer continued to stare at the ground. He then looked up at everyone around him and gave a small sigh of defeat. "This... is not... an easy choice for me. I have had to fight every day of my life, to survive, to live a normal life... and now... one more fight. This... is different, I can feel it." Longtail then looked up and smiled. "Okay guys! Let's do this!"

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sparky nods at Dan as she waded a bit into the water. "You probably won't have to wait long; I usually can't stay in one place for long!!"

She contains another random spazz attack with a few shudders before looking into the water. She was about to recklessly dive in the deeper parts, but hesitates for a bit as a twinge of uncertainly began to grow in her mind. What if she's making a mistake in automatically assuming all therodpods can swim? What if this long-clawed variety couldn't? She can swim fine as a human, but could the same be said now? Why was she asking these questions in to herself when she obviously didn't know the answer? Dad always says never to ask anybody and find out yourself....But since when did I take advice from that jerk?

Time to help settle this and try to get some reassurance. She looked to Pangaea. "Hey, Pangy... How confident are you in saying that a Therizinosaurus is capable of swimming?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Cyrix, calm down," Littlefoot tried to assure him. "This might be good for Longtail, to confront Kor one final time. Maybe they'll put their differences aside for good. He seems to know what he's doing, and I have a feeling Zaine and Rob are feeling the exact same way."

Rob nodded as Longtail made up his mind. "We're with you, Longtail. Every step of the way." He then smirked. "Look at it this way. If he doesn't want to compromise, it will give me a chance to use my new claws for the first time." He laughed a little, and then he noticed Zaine approach him. Rob turned to him and smiled. "Hey, Zaine."

"Rob," Zaine started, "I'm so-"

"Save it," Rob interrupted, putting one claw up. "You don't have anything to apologize for."

"But I do," Zaine commented. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. It wasn't right."

"Wasn't it?" Rob asked. "Maybe that's exactly what you needed to do. All that anger towards me welled up inside of you had to be released somehow."

"But I wasn't angry at you," Zaine argued. "I mean, not really."

"Zaine, I gave you you're feelings and emotions," Rob reminded. "I think I know when you're angry at somebody."

"I'm sorry," Zaine apologized. "I'm sorry for everything."

"Don't be," Rob assured. "You haven't done anything wrong. I'm just glad that we are friends."

Zaine smiled. "Me too."

Threehorn walked up towards Crusher. "You better not be planning anything," he muttered. "I don't want any fighting going on."

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
“Me?!” Strut exclaimed. “Why do I have to be the one to steal the eggs?”

“Because I said so!” Ozzy shot back. “And what are you so worried about? We’ve done this a thousand times!”

“Yes, but…all by myself?” Strut asked nervously. “What if the mother comes back while I’m at the nest?”

Ozzy shoved his beak into his brother’s face, glaring at him with the look of an egg stealer who had lost all patience. “Since waking up today, I’ve been pelted with pointy seeds, fallen off a cliff, had my beak nearly busted, gotten green gunk spat all over my face, and still haven’t tasted so much as a bite of breakfast. You, on the other hand, have been stuffing your face with leafeater junk food all morning, without so much as lifting a claw to help!”

“That’s not true!” Strut protested. “I gave you a boost up that cliff, remember?”

“How difficult do you want to make this?” Ozzy snapped. “Just go and get the blasted eggs!”

“Okay, okay!” Strut conceded defeat, deciding that taking his chances with the nest would be less hazardous than facing the wrath of his brother.

Cautiously, Strut slunk out from behind the boulder he and Ozzy had been sheltering behind. Keeping his head low and taking care to tread softly, he began creeping through the tall grass towards the nest.

--------------------------------------------------

Pangaea had raced straight to the riverbank, catching up with and subsequently outpacing Guido in his dash to the water’s edge. He hadn’t had a drink since the previous day, and with all of the talking he had done since then, he was beyond parched. He had immediately set to work scooping up mouthful after mouthful of water. It wasn’t nearly as cold as he preferred it (it would probably be better if he were closer to the Thundering Falls), but it was still welcomely refreshing. So desperate was Pangaea to quench his thirst that he eventually started having to pause between gulps just to catch his breath.

Guido soon caught up with the larger glider, and after marveling for a moment at his friend’s apparent quest to singlehandedly deplete the Great Valley’s water supply, joined him in taking his morning drink.

It was only Sparky’s query regarding therizinosaur swimming abilities that brought Pangaea out of his hydrogen oxide binge. He quickly snapped to attention when he realized he was being addressed.

“Well, uh…I would think that you’d be able to swim as well as any other dinosaur,” he postulated. “I can’t remember whether or not therizinosaurs have hollow bones, but I’d assume that you’re at least neutrally buoyant.” He thought back to yesterday, and his own awkward attempts at swimming. “You could try just kicking with your feet while holding your body horizontal, like a duck, sorta… I guess you could try paddling with your arms, tooóyou’ve got a definite advantage over most theropods in the arm strength departmentóbut you’d want to be careful about not accidentally stabbing yourself with your own claws…or stabbing anyone else, for that matter.”

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix frowned. Not because he was wrong, but because Littlefoot was speaking the truth. He stepped over to Longtail and sighed. "Since I've known you my nephew, you've indeed had to fight, and it has made you strong, but even in your darkest moments, you've shown me that your heart and the feelings you have for us are stronger than anything I could ever teach you. If you feel this is the right thing to do, then I'll protect you the whole way Longtail." he said with a warm, fatherly smile.

Longtail smiled sheepishly at his uncle and gave him a hug. "Thank you Uncle Cyrix. And I promise not to let anything bad happen."

Rick was touched by Cyrix's monologue and shed a tear seeing Cyrix having so much faith in Longtail knowing the past they've both shared.

Crusher laughed aloud at Topsy's statement. "Oh classic Topsy. You're one the worst good guys I've ever seen. You say you don't want any trouble, but you are always the one who starts an argument which turns into a shouting match."

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After walking for a few more minutes, Chronicler and Ruby reached the top of a hill. Ruby pointed towards a small canyon in the distance and said, "We should go through there. That is the fastest path to my old home, but I wouldn't call that path the safest path to my old home."

"Alright, so far so good," said Chronicler. He turned back to the rest of the group and said, "This way, everyone."

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, no stabbing for me, thanks," Nana chuckled, half joking and half serious. With claws like those, one could really do some damage, not to mention just how big they were. Wouldn't want to get poked in the eye with that.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Don't tempt me," Threehorn gritted his teeth. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Crusher was right. It normally was him to have the first word in an argument, but he certainly had been trying to change that habit ever since he became mates with Tria. "Look," he muttered to his old friend, "things have been really crazy since these newcomers arrived. We've already had enough trouble as it is, so I don't want any more to happen." He tried as hard as he could to keep his anger at a minimum, and it seemed to be working somewhat, but he knew that sooner or later he was going to let it get the best of him. "I don't know your leader that well, but he better not have any bright ideas."

"If he does," Rob stepped towards the two of them, "then he'll have to answer to me."

"You are in no condition to be fighting anybody," Threehorn pointed out. "You are not used to your new body at all."

"I don't care," Rob replied. "Fast biter or not, I'm not going to let anything happen to my friends."

"Me neither," Zaine added. "Besides, this seems different. I think we may be able to settle this peacefully." He looked back at Longtail. "We've got your back Longtail. I promise we will finish this dispute once and for all."

Littlefoot approached Rob, having finally mustered up the courage to speak with him about what he had mentioned before. It had taken some time, but he felt like he was ready to speak with him about. "Hey, Rob, I wanted to ask you something. You mentioned before that you saw me in your............ dr.......eams," he struggled pronouncing the word. "What did you mean by that?"

"Well," Rob started, trying to think of the best way of explaining this without confusing him, "I grew up with you, if that makes any sense." He realized it didn't at all, so he tried something else. "I've known about you my entire life. I've seen all of your adventures: your journey to the Great Valley, your journey to the Land of Mists, how you met the Tinysauruses, all of them. Every time I watch you and your friends, I wished that I could be with you, but I knew I never could. Then I started seeing you in my dreams. I was always here, with you and the others, and we had so many of own adventures. I've been seeing you in my dreams for as long as I can remember, so I feel like I've really been friends with you forever."

Littlefoot didn't know how to respond. Everything Rob was telling him was filling him with excitement and amazement. It almost seemed like fate that he was now here, and listening to him speak only reinforced his belief. "Rob, I'm so happy you're here."

"Me too," Rob smiled.