The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 160429

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix seemed confused, but quickly came to a conclusion that ended that.
"Well then so be it. Littlefoot, you and I will have to help those who see Rob as a threat change what they think about him.... but we might need some help. Do you happen to know where your grandmother or grandfather are right now?" he asked the young longneck.

~~~~~~~~

Longtail gave a small grin at Mr.Threehorn. He was glad to see one of valley elders who was seen as a leader defending Rob. He then replied, "Don't worry about a thing Mr.Threehorn, I'll keep Rob out of trouble. You have my word as a flyer." He then bowed, extending his wings to show his respect for Mr.Threehorn.

~~~~~~~~

Rick smiled.
"That is what I was hoping you'd say. It's good to know you two are so close." There was a pause as he knew what he was going to say next might backfire. "However... I do believe I can help Longtail with his anger problems. And I was hoping you'd be willing to help me."

~~~~~~~~

Grandma Longneck was at that moment stepping into their nesting spot and smiled upon seeing her grandson. "Hello Littlefoot, and it is nice to see you too Cyrix. Why are you two here instead of with the others?" she asked out of concern.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm sure my Grandma and Grandpa would be willing to help out," Littlefoot replied. Right when he said this, he noticed his Grandma arrived at the nest. He walked up and nuzzled her. "Grandma, we need your help. Everybody in the Great Valley thinks Rob is a threat because he was turned into a fast biter, but he isn't. He's on his way to the Mysterious Beyond, but we need to find him and convince the valley that he's not dangerous." At this point, a human approached the nest and greeted them. Littlefoot did not recognize this human, but he certainly seemed friendly enough. "Hi there," he responded. "You must be another of the newcomers. What's your name?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threehorn snorted and glared at Rob. "He better stay out of trouble. If he does anything that may cause harm to anybody in the valley and I will see to it that he is banished."

"Nice to see you have such faith in me," Rob sarcastically replied. "You don't have to worry about me. I have no intention of harming anybody in the valley."

Threehorn nodded and turned around. "My advice is you keep a low profile in the valley. The rest of the herd won't believe in your innocence just yet, but I can convince them otherwise. Until then, don't do anything drastic."

"No problem," Rob nodded. As Threehorn left, Rob smiled a bit. "Thank you for believing in me." Threehorn gave his signature "HMPH" and headed back towards the valley. Rob glanced back at Longtail. "I guess I'm not going to the Mysterious Beyond after all. Zaine's still going to be pissed at me though."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well he was the first dinosaur I met when I came to the valley," Zaine explained, "so we've kind of bonded since then. I'm glad I'm so close to him also; he really does feel like my brother that I never had before." When Rick asked if he was willing to help him, Zaine nodded. "I'll do anything to help Longtail out. What's your idea?"

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"My name is Von, and yes, I'm one of the newcomers. A member of the GoF. I just got here this morning. I got to talk to Chomper a Ruby a little while ago. They're very nice Littlefoot."

Von turns to Cyrix. "Who is this other dinosaur here? I've never seen you before."
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix turned to face Von and smiled. "My name is Cyrix. It is very nice to meet you. As you re one of the newcomers I'l like to welcome you to the Great Valley." He then tilted his head for a moment as he asked, "The GoF, that is the group all the newcomers belong to right?" he asked aloud.

Grandma Longneck smiled as well as Von introduced himself.
"You and the other newcomers are welcomed to stay as long as you like Von." she exclaimed with a warm smile.

~~~~~~~~

Longtail sighed. He then looked up to face Rob as he replied, "Oh don't worry about Zaine. He's too nice to stay mad at anyone for too long, once he calms down he'll think about what he said and he'll apologize when you see him next." He then stretched his wings and started walking. "Come on, let's get away from the Valley wall before something bad happens." he said almost to himself.

~~~~~~~~

Rick looked around for a moment before speaking.
"Well... first we'll need to find a place where he won't be able to hurt us, himself or anyone that happens to find us." Rick then stood up stretched. He then smiled again as he finished outlining his plan. "And once we're sure it's safe, we, and by we I mean myself, am going to talk to Longtail."

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
((OOC: So sooooo very sorry!! My computer got sick and wouldn't let me on the computer for a bit!! I'm still very much alive!! :DD ))

Sparky grinned as Daniel looked down at her from her head. "It doesn't bother me at all, dude!! I actually like it, reminds me of my babies back home!" She then visibly saddens a bit from the thought of her little pets that were left behind, but perked up immediately. Gotta remain perky after all! And if she had heard Guido's comment, she would've happily replied that it wasn't too far from the truth!! Ahhh, those fond memories of the frequent head-to-head collisions with her sister....Good times!!

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel smiled and leaned back. "Yeah Petrie, imagine how boring...and creepy, I'd be if everybod was exactly the same" he said doing an odd face as if the thought hurt his brain, then something hit him and he looked down at Sparky. "Babies? You put your kids on your head?" he said mistaking what she actually mean for human infants.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Claw couldn't understand the logic behind Chronicler's statement. Mysterious Beyond was dominated mostly by predators, who would attack humans anyway, no matter what reputation they would have. It was a reputation amongst the inhabitants of Great Valley that mattered above all. And why letting people see what humans really look like would make them think worse of them? It wasn't like the humans looked like a walking nightmares, right?

Claw and Chomper said their goodbye's to Von. Chomper felt little regret, that Von had to leave already. It was fun to teach him sharptooth language and he was learning it pretty fast.

After Von had left, Claw turned to Chronicler and asked, "What was that pushing with pole all about? Simple 'no, thank you' would suffice, but instead you acted in a way I call impolite. You really have to work on your social skills, Chronicler."

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes. As far as I know, all of the humans here are from the GoF." Von then asked Cyrix "Your not a human too? I don't remember ever seeing a Great Valley resident like you before."
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"He's not a newcomer like you.......... hu.....mans...." Littlefoot struggled pronouncing the word, "but he also wasn't with our initial herd. He joined up later on with his nephew, Longtail. Longtail's a flyer, maybe you'll meet him too."

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Jasper decided to stick with Von as he surely didn't want to get lost in the Great Valley. He then walked up to the nest and said as he placed both of his hands in his pockets, "Um hi there I'm Jasper or Jasp for short or which ever one you would like to call me. I'm with Von here and I've been with him ever since I somehow got here." Jasper started to sweat a little as he had never thought of ever meeting Littlefoot or his grandparents in the flesh and it was making him really nervous.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chronicler simply scoffed and said, "Sometimes, I doubt I even have social skills. This is why I often don't like leaving my own house, because I often end up being impolite when I have to go somewhere I don't wanna go. At least I don't have any plans for today or tomorrow, so I won't mind going on this journey."

"Maybe I could teach you how to be more polite and less impolite," suggested Ruby, who was also a little saddened that she didn't have much time to meet the newcomers.

"Good luck trying, because I seriously doubt that part of me will ever change."

"Sometimes, I do wonder wonder why you seem to have a bad attitude sometimes."

There were some social situations where Chronicler would find himself feeling forced into a conversation and asked questions that he did not feel like answering, and this conversation he was now having with Ruby was one of them. He knew from previous experiences that it was during these situations that he tended to sound very stubborn and rude, and even he knew it didn't seem right to take out his frustration on Ruby. He had to get out of this situation quickly, so he said, "I'll talk about that another time. Right now, we should really get going."

Ruby shook her head and sighed in disappointment. She really wished she could understand Chronicler more clearly. Based on what she had seen so far, Chronicler was nothing but a series of contradictions. There were some moments where he could be content, caring, calm, and even tell a joke; but there were other times where he could be mean, bitter, cruel, and too serious to trust anyone but himself. Needless to say, she was going to have her work cut out for her to learn more about this human-turned-dinosaur.

Reluctantly, Ruby began to lead the group away from the cave towards the exit out of the valley and to her family's home.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Guido softly groaned in exasperation as he facepalmed. “You guys are all missing my point!” he squawked. “You’d all love to meet something that would probably eat you on the spot, and if it tried to, you’d forgive it?! It makes no sense!”

The teal glider sighed. “You know what, never mind. Forget about it. Sometimes, trying to understand you guys gives me a headache.”

“Uhh…” Pangaea piped up awkwardly, hoping to change the subject. “Anyone else thirsty? Wanna head down to the Thundering Falls or something?” Truth be told, Pangaea really did feel like a drink. His mouth dried out quickly when he talked for a long time, and although the juicy tree sweet had helped to quell his thirst for a time, by now it had returned with a vengeance.

(OOC: I wasn't sure whether to wait for Sparky to respond to Daniel's question before I posted this. You can address his and my character's questions in the order you wish.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
((OOC: No prob, Pangaea!!))

Sparky beamed all the more at Daniel's exclaimation. "Nah, my babies be my pets. I would hate to have kids." She kept in a shudder at the horrors of little human children, something she wasn't a big fan of at all, but always finding herself in the middle of their attention.

Hearing Guido's little outburst, she felt bad for confusing him so. Couldn't really blame him, her sense of All Things Awesome was kinda strange. But she let the subject drop before she looked to Pangaea. "A drink sounds great! I always wanted to see a waterfa- er....the Thundering Falls up close."

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana nodded when she heard that Sparky's "babies" were actually her pets. Sometimes, she did that with her two cats too, they didn't like it every much, lol. :lol

"Yeah, Pangaea, I'm up for a drink, and I'd like to see the Thundering Falls, too!" Nana agreed.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Ohh..." Daniel said with an embarrassed smile. "Heh, sorry about that" he said and the heard Pangea's suggestion. "A drink doesn't sound too bad, plus since I'll crash if I fly and walking looks like it'll be a task I gotta go anywhere she does" he said chuckling a little pointing at Sparky.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled at Littlefoot as he nodded his head. "Yes, Littlefoot is right, I am not a hu-man. Just a simple rainbow face who looks after his flyer nephew." He then blinked for a moment as he exclaimed aloud, "I wonder if Longtail is doing anything important?" He was simply worried for Rob, knowing somewhere deep down that's who he'd gone after.

~~~~~~~

Longtail at that moment sneezed suddenly and gave a goofy grin.
"Sorry about that Rob." he said as he looked around but shuddered as he felt a chill run up his spine. "I've got... a bad feeling..." he whispered to himself.

~~~~~~~~

Rick wasn't sure if Zaine was thinking about his plan or not, but for a split second the human felt a spike of fear run up his spine. He looked around for a few minutes as he said aloud to Zaine "Do you ever get the feeling something is going to happen, and you can't do anything about it?"

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von was still thinking about Chronicler. He wanted to know what he had done to give his kind a bad name.

"There was this other human I saw, though. A really weird and rude fellow.  He called himself Chronicler, and he said something about doing something that made humans look bad. What did he do that was so bad?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot remembered Chronicler's rant at the rescue attempt for Pangaea, as much as he tried to forget about it. He never really believed that humans could be the way Chronicler described them, but it seemed like the rest of the newcomers were in agreement with what he said, especially Rob. "It's kind of a long story," he explained to Von. "He said some things about you hu-mans and it made everybody upset. I'd rather not get into it, but it wasn't very pleasant." He looked at Cyrix when he expressed his concern about Longtail. "Maybe he went to find Rob. We should probably go look for him as well." Littlefoot then noticed the other human who had appeared. "Nice to meet you Jasp. My name is Littlefoot. This is Cyrix and my grandma," he gestured to both of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob laughed a little at Longtail's sneeze, but before he could say "God Bless You," he felt the same feeling the flyer had. "I have that feeling too," he agreed. "Something bad is going to happen real soon, and I don't know what." He looked both ways to see if anything was following them, but the two of them were alone. "We should warn the rest of the valley. If something's coming we have to be ready for it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Threehorn had made it back to his nest and decided to settle in for a bit. He was still thinking about Rob and how he vouched for him. He wasn't sure if he should have done it considering his usual prejudice against sharpteeth, but for some reason it felt like the right thing to do. He sighed as he sat down back at his nest. "I'm getting too old for this," he muttered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine had been thinking about Rick's plan when he got a chill down his back as well. "Rick, I feel it too, and if you and I feel it then Longtail must be feeling it as well. Something terrible is going to happen, I just know it. We need to find Longtail and fast."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandma longneck smiled at Jasper. "You are more than welcome to stay as long as you'd like." she said with a warm demeanor. She then asked a question. "Do either of you Von or Jasper know if dinosaurs are still around where you come from?"

Cyrix nodded at Littlefoots suggestion.
"I think you're right Littlefoot. Would you all like to join me?" he asked those around him.

~~~~~~~

Longtail sighed for a moment. "No... no that won't be needed. This problem feels... personal." He then began to shift his eyes around hoping that whatever he was feeling wasn't close.

~~~~~~~~

A voice called out to Topsy with a chuckle.
"Oh my friend you're not too old... not yet anyway. Although I am surprised to hear that you're letting more than one freak into your precious home." As the figure stepped out of the shadows it was none other than Crusher the Redhorn

~~~~~~~~~

Rick sighed. "I had a feeling things might get bad, but if the trouble is what I think it is... then Longtails issues are going to become a very big problem!" he said with a downcast look.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von lowered his head and looked kind of somber when he relpied. "No, there aren't any Dinosaurs from where we come from, not anymore. We've found a lot of dinosaur bones, so we know there used to be dinosaurs,  but there are no more still alive where we come from."
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)