The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

In the land before time

Amaranthine · 2536 · 158627

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nana smiled and then exclaimed, "Squee!" after Pangaea. What? She was weird, and she knew it, and now, she apparently made it clear to everyone now too. She knew where that quote came from, in fact, she had it pasted onto her profile on a website, simply because it was true; she was very weird, once you got to know her, that is.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix grinned as he heard Littlefoot retell his story of meeting the yellowbellies. "It seems you both were able to learn something from each other." Despite the light hearted conversations they were having, Cyrix suddenly had a desire to speed up his pace.

~~~~~~~~

Longtail after reaching the bottom of the Great wall stopped walking and leaned against a rock. He then looked up to Rob. "Hang on for a moment. We're going to sit here for a while." The  young flyer then took a deep breath and sighed. "My uncle taught me that sometimes waiting for things to come is better and safer than rushing towards somethings."

~~~~~~~~

Crusher laughed at Topsy question. "Why? Because our herd leader is a long ways away from here, and to be honest... I was hoping the kid could try and put some of his anger for our herd behind him. And maybe talking is better than fighting." he said with a hopeful tone in his voice.

~~~~~~~~

Rick was worried, not just from hearing about Korr wanting to adopt Zaine, but the thought of what Longtail might do if confronted with this possibility. The human gave a weak grin as he replied, "Let's just get to Longtail first, and hope we can talk to him."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot could tell by the look on Cyrix's face that he was worried about Longtail. "We should hurry up and find him before something bad happens," he suggested, quickening his pace to keep up with him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That can unfortunately work both ways," Rob added. "Either way, we may be caught off guard by whatever is coming. At least we'll be at a position where nobody can catch us from behind." After saying this, Rob glanced up the Great Wall just to make sure nobody did try and come after them. Rob then thought of something else."What would happen if they just wanted to talk to you and not fight?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You'll have a hard time trying to convince him that," Threehorn snorted. "That kid will never forget the hatred between him and your leader. But hey, if you think you can do that, then don't let me stop you from trying." He looked up and noticed they were approaching the Great Wall, and there he noticed Rob and Longtail were standing there. "There they are. Here's your chance, and don't make me regret letting you do this."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't have to tell me twice," Zaine replied. Up ahead, he noticed Rob and Longtail standing at the bottom of the Great Wall and was filled with relief. "There they are!" he yelled. Unfortunately, he also noticed Threehorn and a red horn approaching them as well. "We're too late! Rick, hurry!"

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Wambo!" Daniel exclaimed and then laughed a little. "Didn't see that coming did ya" he said to them with a grin.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Sparky couldn't hold in a laugh from Daniel's response!! "I know I wasn't expecting it!! Yayz for weird randomness! Whoo!" She shivers, visibly trying her hardest to keep herself from having a spazz attack, especially not with her new friend on board!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

((OOC: I'm actually having a spazz attack RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! :lol: ))

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Guido shook his head, at a loss for words. Never thought I’d feel like the least weird dinosaur in a group. I should have met these guys a long time ago, he chuckled inwardly.

--------------------------------------------------

“Ozzy, I don’t wanna do this,” Strut whimpered.

“Oh, fine!” Ozzy grumbled, “I’ll let you have one bite of one of the eggs I get. But if you want more, you’ll have to get it yourself!”

Quickly but quietly, Ozzy began sneaking towards the clubtail’s nest, hiding behind individual trees as he got closer. Soon he was at the closest tree, less than ten feet away, and, after checking one more time to make sure that the clubtail was still facing in the opposite direction, made a lunge for the eggs.

Ozzy paused, salivating as he looked over the shelled morsels. He bent down to pick one upĆ³and froze as a shadow waxed over the nest. For the second time that morning, he glanced up apprehensively…to see the mother clubtail’s club flailing overhead. Ozzy yelped and scrambled backward as the tail came at him again. This time he ducked, feeling the rush of air as the bony bludgeon whooshed past.

“Ha! You missed!” Ozzy shouted gleefully.

But the clubtail’s tail kept going. It slammed into the trunk of one of the nearby trees, shaking it violently. A moment thereafter, a shower of pinecones came raining down from the branches above, pelting Ozzy all over his head and back.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!” Ozzy cried out as he tried ineffectually to shield himself from the hard, spiky seeds.

As the hail of pointy seeds subsided, Ozzy opened one eye and peered up. The mother clubtail was standing over her nest, smirking smugly at the cowering egg stealer. She then turned and swung her tail again, this time grazing the trunks of several trees. This resulted in a veritable downpour of pointy seeds, which bounced painlessly off the clubtail’s hard armor (never touching her nest, since her body was positioned over it), but forcing Ozzy to run for cover, yelling and cursing in pain as he was bombarded with pinecones.

“So, did you get anything this time?” Strut asked upon Ozzy’s return.

“Yes,” Ozzy said flatly. And with that, he yanked Strut’s mouth open, stuffed in a handful of pinecones, then used both hands to slam his brother’s jaws shut, crunching the seeds between them.

--------------------------------------------------

Her wings now dry, Amy took another shot at catching a fish. This time she tried wading into the water and standing still like a heron, waiting for the fish to come to her. They soon showed up, and Amy made a grab for one. Once again, however, all that resulted was a large splash.

Gathering her patience, Amy waited for the water to settle, and tried again. Another failure. This process repeated a few more times until finally, Amy had just about had enough. She began trudging back to shore in frustration, ignoring the fish darting out of her way. Suddenly, she tripped, and reflexively spread her wings to regain balance. This did nothing to stop or break her fall, however, and she landed flat on her front with the biggest splash she had yet produced.

For a moment she lay fuming, but then a spastic slapping sound on the bank drew her attention. To her amazement, Amy saw a fish lying in the grass in front of her; it must have been swept onto shore by the miniature wave she had created when she fell. Hurriedly she clambered onto shore and lunged for the fish, a blow from her beak putting an end to its struggles.

For a moment, Amy considered going to Anna and asking her to build a fire to cook the fish, or finding some flints and kindling and making one herself, but feeling the ache of hunger in her stomach, she thought, oh, what the heck! and tore a strip of flesh off the side of the fish with her beak. It wasn’t too bad, she thought as she swallowed it, and proceeded to eat the rest of the fish’s flesh.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Von saw in the distance, along the Great Wall, several dinosaurs. Mr. Threehorn, a large Spiketail, a fastbiter, and several other dinosaurs. They were converging on each other, looking like they were all about to start a conversion. "Is that Rob and Longtail over there, with all of those other dinosaurs?" He asked.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix stepped through several bushes and pushed a few branches aside to clear his vision and gasped as what Von had mentioned was correct. There sitting by the edge of the Great Valley wall was none other than Longtail, along with Rob. Cyrix's hidden tension eased for only a moment before he noticed who else was in the clearing as well. "A Redhorn." he said aloud with fear gripping his throat.

Longtail blinked for a moment and tried to make sense of what he was seeing. A Redhorn... here?! in that instant his body tensed up and to keep himself from attacking, Longtail dug his talons into the ground, but bared his teeth and gave a warning screech.

Crusher stopped short after seeing Longtail, and managed to stop himself from laughing aloud. This kid really is angry with our kind.... I don't blame him though... our leader has tried to kill him several times. Crusher then decided to try and ask a simple question. "Hey... uhh Longtail right? How have you been kid?"

Rick having seen what Zaine meant by too late he was distracted enough to trip on a branch and literally fell into the clearing. After sitting up and dusting himself off Rick suddenly felt alot of tension in the air, and he didn't like it at all. But once his eyes locked onto Longtail still sitting in his spot, Rick asked Zaine a question. "What are the odds, that this will stay a nice quiet talk?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Oh no," Littlefoot gasped. "It's one of those redhorns from before. What is he doing here?" Littlefoot glanced over at Longtail. He could tell how tense the flyer was, but at the same time he had no idea what he was thinking. "Cyrix, I don't like the looks of this," he whispered. He then looked back at Von and Jasp. "You two should stay with us. This might get a little ugly."

Rob looked at Longtail, seeing how nervous he was getting. "Easy, Longtail," he put his claw up towards him in a calm manner. "He hasn't attacked yet. Let's see if we can fish out what he's planning." He then turned back to the redhorn. "Just stay where you are! Don't come any closer! Why are you here!?"

"Settle down Rob!" Threehorn countered. "Crusher just wants to talk with him!"

"Do you forget who you're talking about," Zaine yelled, let alone who you're talking to!?"

"I know he's a redhorn!" Threehorn argued. "Just let him talk!"

"Fine then! Talk!" Rob shouted. "Stay next to me Longtail," he whispered. "He seems to be not want a fight, but lets at least see how long that lasts."

"I have a very bad feeling about this," Zaine responded to Rick. "Crusher seems like he wants to just talk, but I still can't help but wonder what's going to happen."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Daniel laughed. "Wow try not to blow up, you'll probably take me down with you"

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
John had staggered out of the cave and quickly regained his bearings, he made his way westward. He had a dream the previous night,and eversince he awoke, it had been on his mind.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So...what now?" Anna finally spoke up, attempting to break the silence of the group.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Sparky pauses her hyperactive shivering for a second to happily contemplate the idea of exploding. "It would be soooo awesome if I spontaneously combusted right now! But not with you riding shotgun, of course!" She beams up to her passanger before letting out a random 'squee' at a tale-tale rumbling sound. "I be hearing the waterfallz!! Does that mean we be close?" Yay to poor grammer!!

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
After an hour or so of walking, Claw and others arrived at the exit of the Great Valley. Once there, fastbiter took one glance at te Valley and then looked towards the Mysterious Beyond. He had no doubt, that this little trip will probably be dangerous one and he could only hope it will end well. Claw felt his headache receding a bit for some reason. Maybe it was because of excitement and nervousness he felt at the thought of going into Mysterious Beyond in such a small group. Whatevern the reason, he knew that the pain will come back with full force eventually. Only one thing could stop this disease. He looked at Ruby, waiting for her to guide them.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix stood by and listened to everything that had been said, and was interested to see how this would play itself out, but at the same time he was worried. The only one who seemed likely to attack was Longtail, but despite that he wanted more than anything to comfort his nephew, the rainbow face knew that any move now might start a fight... and that he didn't want.

Longtail heard Rob speak, and what he said however the young flyer held his spot where he stood and simply nodded his head in agreement. He was suspicious, but he knew that everyone, even those who'd tried to kill him before deserved a chance to speak what their minds. As he waited and watched his right eye changed color to sunburst yellow and slowly released a slow, almost enraged breath. "Start... talking!" he said aloud trying to keep his voice in check.

Crusher sighed, took a step backwards and sat down to prove he had no ill intentions. He cleared his throat and after hearing Longtail ask him to start speaking he did. "Listen Longtail. I'm here for my own reasons. My leader had nothing to do with why I'm here... but to be honest... I hate him... and I'm not the only one. Everyone in our herd is getting tired of him and his stupid obsession with getting rid of you." he paused and shook his head before continuing. "But that's why I am really here. Our herd needs your help. We need you to take him out. Without our leader, I'll be next in line, and you won't have to worry about us anymore."

Rick was shocked. Truly and utterly shocked to hear a Redhorn talk so boldly about killing their own leader. He stepped forward and asked, "A-are you serious?! You want to kill Korr!"

Crusher nodded his head in reply.
"Of course I'm serious. Let's not mix berries here... our leader... well, he's stupid. Simple as that... and now he's starting to put our lives in danger, not just his. He won't step down willingly so he's sort of forced our paws." he said with a slight smile.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
John arrived at the Thundering Falls that moment.He immediately noticed Pangaea and three others that he had not seen before. T'was best to greet them.

"Good day Pangaea, same to you lads" John greeted as he walked towards them.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Are those guys from a fanfiction?" Von questioned. "They must be. I've never heard of any of them before, and I don't know why their such enemies.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Jasper said to Von, "If they are I probably don't know much about the fanfic. I'm usually not available all the time on the GOF as I'm always doing other stuff. Whatever is about to happen here it will be big and I can tell you it ain't fresh lemons either."

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Okay, we are now leaving the Great Valley. Destination: Ruby's old home," announced Chronicler. He turned to Ruby and asked, "Which way do we go?"

"Just follow me and I will take us to where we need to go," replied Ruby. She then began to lead the group out into the Mysterious Beyond.

"How long will it take to get there?" asked Chronicler. Chronicler had asked this for two reasons: he liked knowing how long it would take to get a task done, and he figured Claw might be interested in hearing the answer, too.

"If we don't run into any problems, we should be there before the Bright Circle goes down," replied Ruby. "If we do run into a problem, it might be the middle of the night by the time we get there."

"Knowing the run of luck you and your friends have out here, I have a feeling it's only a matter of time until something does go wrong."

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You are right about that, Chronicler," Claw agreed with fastrunner "However, we all usually have enough luck to avoid the worst. Besides... After last battle sharpeeth have a few good reasons not to actively look for prey. Assuming they don't desire revenge, of course."

There had been many dead on predators' side after the recent fight, Claw thought, which meant less sharpteeth to worry about. Maybe those of them that survived the battle will feed on carcasses of dead dinosaurs and will be too busy to go hunting on Ruby/Chronicler/Chomper/Claw group?

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.