The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Five Years Passed

Ptyra · 16 · 2788

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
This has my char, Ptyra, who is Petrie's cousin. It takes place 5 years after the 7th LBT, and you all know what that means. I think I would have the Gang grow up a little in this one. So, Ptyra is Pterano's only daughter, seperated from him during the earthshake. She never knew her mom, so she was always on her own. He nickname is "Migrate" because she's always moving between herds, searching for the Great Valley in hopes to find her father. Meanwhile, Pterano has more luck than he expected in the Mysterous Beyond; a flock of flyers and their widow leader.

Five Years Passed

Chapter One: The Last Egg
 The Flyer sailed over the water, eying fish thrashing in the water. He dove and caught one in his beak. This would please his mate. The sea was crashing against the cliffs, where the fliers liked to nest. He landed in a large outcropping in tallest cliff and sauntered into the nest. His mate was not back, probably looking for more twigs to cover the four eggs. She’s never here to enjoy a nice fish, He thought to himself. The fish was barely alive, so he flew back out and dropped the fish back into the salty water. He suddenly spotted a Sharptooth Swimmer swimming in circles in the water. Making haste, he flew out of reach of it, and spotted his sister Glide with her mate Tear. He had been so busy he didn’t have time to see them. They were in their nest, settling in with their four hatchlings, Ptero, Pteranna, Pterrance, and Pty. They were all asleep and did not see their uncle flying in. “Glide! Hello!” He called. Glide looked over her nest and smiled. “Pterano, it’s about time I saw you again!” She called.

“Well, tussles with the Big Fish made it hard,”
“Oh, you and your stories!” Tear hissed. Pterano rolled his eyes at his brother-in-law. “Some could be true,” He muttered. “Like when you scared a Sharptooth off?” Glide poked her brother’s arm. Pterano’s eyes narrowed and he pushed her away. Glide brushed her arms where he had shoved her. “Where’s Ada?” Tear asked. “Looking for more twigs for the nest, I pray,” Pterano said. Tear shook his head. “Concerned about the eggs?”
“Well, we’re both a bit old to be parents, and for both of us this is our first time,” Pterano shrugged.

“I see her coming back, Pterano, you should go,” He turned and saw a tan colored speck coming closer to his nest. “Well, I’ll be seeing you sometime soon, I hope,” And he flew off. Pty suddenly woke up. “Who was h-here?” She stuttered. “Go back to sleep, I’ll tell you later,” Glide crooned, and Pty went back to sleep.

Pterano saw the female flyer setting branches among the eggs. She had pretty hazel eyes and pearl white wings. “Hello, Ada,” Pterano called. The flier looked over, startled at first, but she calmed down. “Were you fishing again?” She asked. “Oh no, I was talking with my sister,”
“That’s good; I haven’t seen her in ages,” Ada looked from Pterano to the eggs. “Could you help me over here?” She asked. Pterano did as he was told and began arranging the sticks over the eggs. “I don’t know why you have to be so cautious about them,”
“This is our first clutch! I don’t want some egg stealer come and taking them!” Pterano rolled his eyes. “There are no egg stealers near the Big Water,” He murmured. Ada tapped his beak. “You can never be to sure,” She said. Pterano shook his head. “I haven’t seen any,” Pterano said. He saw Ada’s sharp glace and knew it was a lost war.

“Well, I’ll go get you a fish,” Pterano took off from the nest and caught a fish right out the Big Water and came back. He gave her the fish and she swallowed it in one gulp. “I’m going back for more twigs,” She said. Pterano sighed as she took off again. “Might as well catch myself a fish,” He flew down and circled the Big Water. He spotted a good sized fish after some time and right as he was about to seize it, he saw two egg stealers clambering into HIS nest. He instantly forgot the fish and flew to snag it from the water.

“Come on, Strut, you’ll never know when the parents are going to come back!”
“Oh…Ozzy, I don’t know if I can handle it,” Strut moaned. “Going to nag at me about eating plants? There are no plants here!” Ozzy saw the eggs under the sticks and began to pull them off. He picked up one and cracked it against the rock wall. Strut looked over and saw Pterano approaching. “Um, Ozzy, incoming!” He called. “WHAT?!” Ozzy dropped it; it shattered. He grabbed one and tossed it to Strut. It slipped from his hands and landed in the Big Water

When Pterano saw this, he was in utter shock! He did not know that he had lost two eggs, but the knowledge of one made him let out a shriek and he soared higher toward the nest, faster than before. Strut wailed. Ozzy only had time to grab one egg and run for it, but Pterano had already flown into the entrance of the nest. He made a jump past him, clutching the egg tightly. Pterano was too exhausted to give chase, and he had to check if any others were lost. There was only one left.

He had to work up the courage to tell Ada what happened when she returned. “I’m so sorry, Ada…I should have stayed…” He said. Ada ran her claw over the last egg. “I hope this one will have a good life,” She murmured. Pterano put his arm across her shoulders consolingly. “I second that,”
~~~~
Oh my...Ozzy and Strut all the way out there  :blink: . Oh well...at least that sad part's taken care of. Btw, Glide is Petrie's mom and Tear is his father *dundundunnn*

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you all

2. Fallen
 In the weeks since the raid, Pterano was in full agreement to protect the last egg as much as possible, so it was completely hidden. They were both fishing. It was very hard; most of the fish had gone deep under the water. “There’s going to be a storm,” Ada said. “I noticed,” Pterano looked up at the sky. It was filled with dark clouds. “It’s getting dark, we should be getting back to the nest,” Suddenly there was a loud splash and a huge sharptooth swimmer came out of the water. It lashed in Ada’s direction. She yelled and flew higher, Pterano after her. Then the storm began with a hard, strong blow. Ada pounded her wings, but was blown backwards by the wind, going in the direction of the sharptooth swimmer. Pterano instantly went back for her.

“Ada!” He called. He heard her sharp screech as the sharptooth snagged her wing. The first thing Pterano did was scratch its face. It let go at the surprise attack, but Ada dropped; her wing was damaged in such a way that she couldn’t fly. She landed in the water and the sharptooth went down after her. Pterano knew it was hopeless to save her. He only flew above the raging sea and the storm blew. “ADA!” He called, searching desperately for her. Then he saw the sharptooth come back up, shrieking with anger. He saw Ada crawling weakly into an outcropped. The sharptooth gave up and went back into the water. Pterano flew down to see how Ada was faring, but when he got there, she was dying. Her wings were soaked, she was cut through the wings, and had damage ravaging her entire form. Pterano couldn’t bear to think of what happened to her in the water.

“Ada?” Her hazel eyes turned toward him. “Don’t do anything stupid after our egg hatches,” Ada whispered. “You know I won’t,” Pterano knelt next to her and gripped her hand tightly. “I mean it! Through…anything…terrible…protect it!” She clenched his hand tightly and he scooped her up in his other arm. “I’ll…I’ll try…”
“Don’t try…do it…maybe that will change everyone’s views on you,”

“How are you sure?” Pterano whispered. “I don’t know…I just do,” She looked thoughtful. “Ptyra…if it’s a girl…her name will be Ptyra…”
“But what if...”
“I know it’ll be a girl…I don’t know how, I just do…Ptyra…” Her eyes slowly turned glassy, and she went stiff in his arms. The storm ceased outside the cave. He held Ada’s dead form close to him and set her down soon after. “But how will I explain to the hatchling?” He whispered to himself. He made sure it was safe and went back to the nest. His spirits were lifted when he saw that the egg was safe.
~~~~
Awww  :( . This is going to be a sad story  :cry

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Perhaps yes, but it is beginning to take a good shape, keep it up! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very good writing, keep up the writing. A sad ending, but quite a bit lbt stories will have sad elements and scenes to them.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is an interesting story so far. Keep up the good work, I hope to see more of it soon.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I truly am enjoying this story alot I hope to see more soon! Very sad, but that builds up the story in my opinion

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
These ones might be a tad more sucessful than my fanfics for AoFW. People are saying I might win the Colin Dann award (best fanfiction), but not a lot of people read them...but they like them...

3. The Hatchling

Crick
Pterano’s down spirited eyes turned towards the nest. It had been two weeks since Ada died. He still had not fully recovered. “Pterano!” Glide’s hands flew to her face. “It’s hatching!” Pterano perked up with a jolt. “What?”
“Honestly, were you even MENTALLY there when my little ones were hatching?” Glide hissed. “Yes, I wa…oh…” He was stuck between arguing with his sister, watching his only child hatch, or even looking for a fish. “Why don’t you let me take care of it?” Glide said. “Yes, you do that,” A dragonfly buzzed right past him and perched on the hatching egg. The little yellow beak popped out, startling both dragonfly and Pterano.

Pterano couldn’t believe that Ada was in fact right about the last youngster being a girl! She had a female’s crest. The first thing her eyes set on was the dragonfly. She moved to snap at it, cracking the egg a bit more. “No, ho…hold still!” Pterano stammered. He picked up the breaking egg shell as the hatchling continued tossing around to get to the annoying bug. “Hold still! Your aunt’s bringing you a fish! Less focus on the silly insect!” The rest of the shell came apart in his hands and the baby flier clambered up to her feet. “Good girl,” Pterano said. Glide returned. “That was quick,” Pterano turned to her with the baby still in his hands. He set her down and Glide gave her the fish, which was quickly snatched and swallowed. But she was far too interested in the dragonfly.

“The first thing she sees and she wants to eat it,” Pterano folded his wings and watched the little flier flap her tiny wings and squawk impatiently at the dragonfly. He sighed hopelessly. “So…is there a name for her,” Pterano’s eyes set firmly on the baby flier. “Ada requested Ptyra…so…her wish might as well be fulfilled,” He said. “Hm…” Glide watched Ptyra clamber over the branches and snap at the dragonfly.  It flew up to the ceiling of the outcropping. Ptyra turned to the adults. Her hazel eyes were large, giving them both a sad look that was almost too adorable to resist. “What goes up must come down,” Glide was apparently used to the look. The dragonfly, feeling safe, came down. Ptyra eagerly snapped and this time clamped it in her beak. “There we go, are you happy now?” Pterano chuckled as Ptyra looked about, her eyes now big with curiosity.

“More fish, perhaps?” Glide asked. “This time I’ll g…” Ptyra was now perched on his foot! He picked her up. “Then again…” Now she hopped onto his beak. “I’m on my way,” Glide took off. “I can tell…” She was looking at the roof. “…that you’re going to be like your mother; always looking about, always after things you can’t get to,” He smirked at the memory of her trying to catch a fish that was constantly jumping in and out of the water. They were so young then.

“Yes, just like your mother,” He sighed when her eyes did not leave the ceiling. Glide returned. “There’s a whole glut of little fish below the nest; you’ll be there and back in no time,” Glide explained as Ptyra ran off with the fish that she was given. “Young lady, you come back here!” Pterano called after her. Ptyra had the fish in her little hands and she cocked her head. “Stay where I can see you!” Ptyra began swallowing the fish and after that she hopped into the little bed of twigs and almost instantly fell asleep. Pterano shrugged. “Well, I know where she is,”
~~~~
'Bout time we had a happy chapter :P: . That bit with Ptyra running off with the fish was inspired by a fanart I did.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good scene.  I like the way it had a couple of humorous spots, including the picture one.   :lol  :yes

One sorta funny idea I had, maybe you can post a link to that picture so others can be reminded of it.   Being a writer and artist makes coming up with what to draw easy, or less hard.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
ANother well done chapter! I do look forward to reading more! btw when you find the time, could you read and review my fanfic One Long Tail?

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure ^_^

I've already begun the next chapter. I named the event in the first movie. It's called "The Great Drought", which might explan a lot  :P:

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Very nice. :yes
I've read the other chapters some time ago. They were truly sad.  :cry
But this chapter just made me happy.  :lol:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This add versatility, because it is not just about sadness, adding more things to a story can really help your readers to keep the interest :yes .
 Keep it up!!!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Sorry if this is late, but is there any way I can read the rest of this story? Or are you gonna update the story soon?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This version is pretty much scrapped, and since I'm toying with a billion different fanfictions, don't expect any updates soon.