The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Well, here's the online links to a two months early Halloween Episode!

Season 6 Episode 15 - 28 Pranks Later Dailymotion Version

Season 6 Episode 15 - 28 Pranks Later YouTube Version

I have an announcement to make tomorrow regarding my activity on this thread.  So I'll see ya for that and my review!

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So she's finally getting what's coming to her witch is good. I love RainbowDash but her jokes can get out of hand.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
This was certainly an interesting episode.

I actually noticed quite a few callbacks to the Season 1 episode "Griffon the Brush-Off". Both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie enjoy pranks, but Pinkie is actually smart enough to know that it's not nice to pull certain pranks on certain ponies (such as any prank on Fluttershy). Also, one of Rainbow Dash's pranks resulted in Spike unknowingly sending a ton of letters to Princess Celestia.

Anyway, after a prank against Fluttershy, Rainbow's friends start by politely asking her to not do that again, but she takes the message the wrong way and starts pulling tons of pranks on everyone, making things even worse. So next they ask Pinkie Pie to talk some sense into her, but Rainbow Dash refuses to listen. With words not working, everyone in town has no choice but to take action, and thanks to Pinkie Pie's brilliant idea, it achieves the desired result. Rainbow Dash learns that while pranks can be funny, it's not okay to do them to those who won't enjoy them.

I also liked Rainbow Dash's final prank of the episode, claiming that she'll need to think of an even more epic prank to get back at the whole town, only to admit she's just kidding when they think for a moment she hadn't learned her lesson.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gonna watch the episode now and give my honest reply on it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST!!~

Before I begin my review, I am going to announce that next week, I will not be posting the online link due to an early work schedule that day.  Everyone will have to hunt it down next week.  Sorry!

Anyways, this week's episode was enjoyable to watch.  It's nothing more than a fun time in my eyes.  Time for the spoiler version!

Pranks are fun.  That's one thing Rainbow Dash knows very well.  However, certain pranks on certain ponies is not a good idea.  Sometimes you can hurt someone far more than you mean to.  Heck, the one pulled on Cranky I found to just be plain cruel.

However, then comes the big payback prank.  Everyone eating Rainbow's tainted cookies (Seriously, how did she pull that off?) and acting like complete cookie craving zombies after eating said cookies.  Legitimately scary and probably one of the few things you could get away with in a kid's show these days.  A Halloween Episode appearing two months ahead?  Why not?

It's a fun ride to be had and one to take with the idea that the writers were probably just having a good time with this one.

Next week, Discord on a Bro's Night Out!  More fun to be had there!  Especially with the master of chaos running around.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well I just finished The Cart Before the Ponies and it was a really meh episode. That's really all I have to say about it other than how annoying Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity were acting. Well, here's hoping 28 Pranks Later is better.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So why didn't anybody tell me there was a part two to Mare Do Well?

That's seriously what this episode was just Mare Do Well part 2. Rainbow Dash acts like a jerk, her friends as well as the whole town get sick of it, then her friends (the town too in this case) set up a plan to get back at RD and make her learn a lesson. Only this time, it was actually somewhat justified (although Rainbow Dash had to be out of character for it to be but I digress).

Some of the pranks were pretty mean. The Cranky one was pretty cruel, sort of the same for the one Dash pulled on Spike (although it was kind of funny). The one she pulled on Rarity was pretty clever and I didn't see it going the way it did and I have to admit, I did bust out laughing at Twilight sitting on a whoopie cushion. The zombie ponies were a cool idea but I didn't find it scary since it was pretty obvious it was all an act.

Well it was better than the previous episode but it still could have been better.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eh the episode was dumb but kinda good the pranks RainbowDash pulled where pretty good and a tad bit funny. So I guess I'll give it a 5/10 it was half way decent.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well couldn't you have looked it up yourself? It's not anyone's job to inform you about episodes being two parters.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Hello there, Internet!  I don't have too much time today.  I've got work in a few hours.  However, I will say here that I got the upcoming episode part of my review post wrong.  So, expect something a little different today.

Summary: Spike travels with Twilight and Sunburst to the Crystal Empire to see Flurry Heart, but they soon find the kingdom on lock down due to a report of a changeling spy in the area.

Let's hope that the episode doesn't make Shining Armor and Cadence too big of jerks for this one.  I mean, they have good reason to not trust the changeling race in general, but there's only so far you can go before their attitude is unjustifiable.

Well, here's the link for the Live Streams.

Season 6 Episode 17 - The Times They Are A Changeling Live Stream

Again, won't be able to give the online links today.  You'll have to hunt them down on your own.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll watch the episode later and I'll give my review after I see it

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked it overall.  With what happened during the wedding between Princess Cadance & Shining Armor I can see their reaction being what it was.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think this might be the first episode of the season that I thought was actually really good. I liked how after six seasons, Spike was finally able to get his own song and it was a pretty touching one too. Thorax was a great character and I hope he appears in future episodes.

Also, I have to give this episode credit for giving depth to the Changelings and showing that they're not all bad. It's always nice when a series adds a grey area to its characters or races. Perhaps the Changeling at Cranky and Matilda's wedding was Thorax or maybe a Changeling like him who doesn't like violence or robbing ponies of their love.

I think it'd be interesting if there were future episodes that introduced other Changelings like Thorax who wanted to be good and befriend ponies.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm happy to announce we finally had a good episode for once. I really enjoyed the life lesson in today's episode. And the new changeling thorax was actually good I enjoyed him a lot. And Spike finally got his own solo song and it was really good. This episode get's a 9/10 from me.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
This was certainly a good episode.

Twilight, Starlight, and Spike go to the Crystal Empire and at first are confused by the fear of the citizens and the suspicion of the guards. But thanks to Twilight confirming her identity with her special chant with Cadance, they are then told about the sighting of a changeling. Spike agrees to help the guards, sends them all off in different directions, and then stumbles into a cave where the changeling named Thorax has been hiding in fear. Unlike all the others of his kind, he has no higher ambitions, and only wants to have a friend.

I honestly wasn't expecting Thorax the changeling to speak in such a normal voice, but I must say that I now find it more acceptable than what I had originally anticipated. We also got a brief insight into what infant changelings are like. And when Thorax began using his disguise, Spike once again uses his surroundings to come up with a fake name on the spot. (Last time he did that was for Ember as "Sandy Rockbeach", and this time it was for Thorax as "Crystal Hoof".)

And after Spike's very first song in the show, Twilight steps forward and proudly sides with Spike, and soon everyone else does. I personally think that Thorax's hope of one day spreading friendship to the rest of the changelings may be a little lofty, but at least the ponies can now count on having at least one changeling on their side.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

So, we have a rare treat here.  A Spike Episode that's good. Last one was Gauntlet of Fire and it's hard to think of one before that.  Clearly Spike is getting some much needed love this season.  Spoiler version below.

One thing I will point out is that they give justifiable prejudice.  We cannot forget what happened with Shining Armor and Cadence on their wedding day.  They have every reason to be prejudice towards changelings in general.  Also, if they told the Crystal Ponies what happened, is it any wonder they are also prejudice towards changelings?  Prejudice may not be a good thing in general these days, but if a horrifying experience like that happens to someone, it is justifiable in this case.

Thorax would've had a better chance making friends with ponies pretty much anywhere else. (Save for Canterlot.  I'm sure they've got security measures for changelings after what happened.) It's not a smart move to go into the place of your enemy, after all.  Sure, he was starving and desperate, but you'd think he'd use his brain a little.

One thing I didn't like is that I felt that the ending was rushed.  It just felt too easy for Princess Cadence and Shining Armor to accept a changeling to be their friend after what happened to them, but I'm sure fan-theory stories of what happened after the episode will help remedy that.

I did like how Spike came up with a decent name for Thorax just by his surroundings.  Crystal Hoof would actually be a passable name in the pony world.  The writers knew what they were doing here.

I also liked how the changelings looked after being born.  They can actually get away with being called "cute" there.  I expect a good amount of fanart with those things.

However, I didn't enjoy the song.  It felt too simple for the situation and I felt it was WAY too repetitive.

Also, I don't feel that Thorax will be accomplishing his new goal anytime soon.

In all, it was a good episode, but it doesn't hold a candle to Gauntlet of Fire.  That's still Spike's best by far.

Next week is the Discord Episode.  I know I'm right on this one and I'll be back to normal by then.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm happy that we got a spike song finally. It's about time he got one.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile