The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST!~

Been a lousy week for me what with a cold and everything, but I'm getting over it.  Anyways, it's time for the US airing of the Season 6 Finale.  Remember, those that want to watch the stream, it's on half an hour earlier.  With that all out of the way, get the summary below.

Summary: When everyone she knows starts acting weird, Starlight Glimmer must band together with some unlikely comrades to save Equestria from an earlier defeated foe.

I will only say that you NEED to watch both parts for the story to make sense.  Basically, Part 1 gives you questions and Part 2 answers them.  Get the link for the Live Streams below.

Season 6 Finale - To Where and Back Again Live Stream

As always, expect online versions later today and my review tomorrow.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
After this we're ponyless all winter so I might not rush into seeing the season finale. no point in rushing than I'll have nothing to watch.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have to head off to work and sadly, I don't have the links for the HD version of this two-parter.  As such, I would like anyone who can to post the links.  You'll still get my thoughts on the episode tomorrow.

Until then, see ya! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Surprisingly, there are still no video links available for today's US broadcast. As a result, the only option for today was the old UK broadcast. I really hope the American HD broadcast will be available soon. But for now, I'll still give my thoughts on the episode as usual.

(spoilers)
Starlight is invited to a festival in her old town and is understandably terrified. When Twilight suggests that she bring a friend with her to help her relax, who does Starlight choose? Trixie. So the two head out, but once they arrived, Starlight panics from everyone asking her to make decisions for them, so Trixie helps her to escape.

When they get back to Ponyville, all of Starlight's friends are obviously acting unusual, but it's not until Princess Luna calls for help through a dream that she realizes the Changelings have returned, and this time Queen Chrysalis has pulled out all the stops. Changelings have already replaced all four princesses and their close associates, eliminating all of their potential threats.

Starlight ends up joining forces with Trixie, Thorax, and Discord to go rescue everyone, but due to the special material of Chrysalis's throne, no magic (besides changeling magic) will work within a certain range of the hive (which Discord frequently complains about). After a long journey and chase through the confusing passages inside the hive, Discord and Trixie end up captured, while Starlight and Thorax reach the throne but are quickly discovered.

Just when all seems lost, Starlight realizes that the reason Thorax had no longer felt hunger was because he had been sharing love instead of stealing it like other Changelings, so she suggests that he do just the same against Chrysalis. Then when other Changelings decide to side with Thorax, the result is the throne being destroyed, everyone is freed, and those Changelings take on a different form, almost as if that's what they were meant to be like all along, with Thorax transforming into a stronger form that essentially makes him the new ruler of the Changelings.

So now Chrysalis stands alone against everyone, and when Starlight offers to let her change her ways instead of seek revenge as she once did, Chrysalis immediately rejects the offer and flees. After that, Starlight invites the freed ponies to celebrate at her old town, where she also apologizes for running away earlier.

For this finale, I have to say it was pretty interesting seeing all the significant characters be taken out rather quickly, leaving only Starlight and a bunch of "secondary characters" to join forces to save Euqestria. Trixie certainly had her moments (even referencing her love of peanut butter crackers for the first time since the original Equestria Girls movie), as did Discord (like his attempt at stand-up comedy to a group of Changelings), but the two of them together really made some of the best moments of the episode (such as at the very end where Trixie rejects Discord's offer of magic show assistance with "When pigs fly!", and Discord responds by having them both ride on flying pigs.).

As for the new Changelings, it's definitely an odd design, but I'm sure I'll get used to it over time. And considering that Chrysalis will continue to seek vengeance, along with the possibility that there may still be Changelings out there still loyal to her, we could very well soon see a Changeling civil war.

Definitely another great way to end another good season of the show.

(end spoilers)

Also, I'd like to point out this bit of confirmation:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/my-l...officially.html
Season 7 will begin sometime next spring, and the three Equestria Girls specials will each be 22 minutes long, the same length as the TV show episodes.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

With the links for the episode STILL not being up, it makes me wonder if Hasbro is being more vigilant after what happened with the episodes airing early in the UK.  In the meantime, on to my review.

This is an episode that requires you to watch both parts to make sense of a lot of the episode.  Not to mention that it encourages fans to come up with theories as to how the changelings accomplished so much.  There was indeed no fooling around here.  Capture all the princesses and the Elements of Harmony and Equestria is pretty much screwed.  Accomplishing such a thing is quite a feat and I don't think any future villain is going to top what Queen Chrysalis pulled off.

So then we have the new changeling form.  Accomplished by sharing their love.  I must admit it's an odd design, but I feel it's something that one can get used to.

Of course, there's one thing I must congratulate the creators for.  Which is Chrysalis NOT getting the reform treatment.  Instead, we can expect her to seek revenge in the future.

On top of that, we had Starlight get just enough character development to be more acceptable I feel.  What they have planned for her in Season 7, I don't know yet, but we'll see.

So yeah, a good episode that has a very well done story and encourages fans to ponder about what was done here.

Well, now for the hiatus.  See ya all next year for more pony! :wave

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I've watched the finale! It was fantastic! I loved every single bit of it! Can't wait for the next season!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I actually watched the season finale a few weeks ago when it got leaked and it was really good. I certainly wasn't expecting it to end the way it did but it was a really nice ending. All the former villains (plus Thorax since he was never really a villain) all played off each other very well. I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it. It was really that good.

It feels a little strange to be in another hiatus but that might also be since quite a bit of this season got leaked early so for me, technically the hiatus started a couple weeks ago. Either way, this season had a lot of week parts to it but there were also some pretty fun ones. I especially liked the introductions of Tender Taps and Thorax. I really enjoyed these characters and I hope we get to see more of them come next season. I do think it was too bad that Babs Seed didn't show up though. I was hoping that maybe she and the CMC would meet up and maybe try to help some ponies get their Cutie Marks around Manehattan. Oh, well. Maybe next season hopefully.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah now we're in a hiatus and I wasn't a fan of season six at all. It had tons of horrible episodes and plots in each episode. The only good things that came from season six was a couple new characters that I actually liked. Sunburst and Thorax. And only three episodes where actually good the rest where horrible. And they where painful to sit through. But even tho this season was to me the worst season ever I guess I'm glad I sat through all the episodes. So now the hiatus has began I can now focus on my life more now and work on other stuff.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, stumbled upon this and it is now officially my headcannon.

http://coltsteelstallion.deviantart.com/ar...gator-331041835

Yep, to me, that's how Pinkie got Gummy.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm hoping the next season isn't godawful and that it's actually good

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A little something that came up a few days ago:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/lege...el-appears.html

Just like with the previous Equestria Girls movie (Friendship Games), Legend of Everfree has its own blooper reel, so expect to see quite a bit of silliness in this short video.

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I already knew about the blooper reel but I haven't seen it yet but I might later on.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Still no word yet on when exactly Season 7 will start, but we did get some interesting news recently.
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/will...-in-season.html

William Shatner (most famous for playing Captain Kirk in the original Star Trek series) will be voicing a new character at some point in the upcoming season. This should be pretty interesting to see.

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That'll be interesting to see.  I wonder what sort of character he'll be doing.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sure it could be Star Trekish or have some science fiction type theme to it. And I herd it begins in April.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now here's something pretty neat that was just revealed:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/02/new-...ls-appears.html

The official map of the human city where Equestria Girls takes place. It's not much, but at least now we have an idea of where each of the Main 7 live, relative to each other and to Canterlot High.

- Berix

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorta happy about season seven I hope they actually put effort into this season. Since there was no effort in season six,

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It'll be interesting to see what they do with a new season.

Some of the comments on the page with the Equestria Girls city map have interesting ideas.