The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geography Game

lbt/cty_lover · 3079 · 140916

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Douglas State Forest is a national park in Massachusetts. It is a landmark on the Midstate Trail and notable for its lakes and mountain biking trails.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tucson, Arizona is the home of the University of Arizona.  With a population of over 500,000 it is also the second-most populated city in Arizona, behind Phoenix.  It is known by several nicknames including "The Old Pueblo", whose origin is not entirely known, and "Optics Valley" which refers to the large number of optics companies that have been spawned due to optical research at the University of Arizona.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nahrabi is a village in the Central District of Ravansar County, Kermanshah Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 355, in 71 families.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Iceland is an island country located in-between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean.  It is generally considered to have one of the world's oldest operating Parliaments, the Al?ingi, which operated from 930 until 1799 and was reestablished in 1845.  

It gained wide exposure in the international press due to the "Kitchenware Revolution" that took place in 2009.  In that "revolution" thousands of residents protested in the streets, with many banking on pots and pans and pelting politicians with eggs.  The revolution led to new elections, the creation of a constitutional commission, and several referenda.  Despite the referendum on the new constitution passing by a wide margin, the old governing party was reelected in the most recent elections and they have indicated that they will not ratify the new constitution or any of its reforms.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Denmark - One of the Scandinavian countries, it consists of the peninsula of Jutland, that borders Germany to the south, and the Danish archipelago to its east. It possesses the autonomous regions of the Faroe Islands and Greenland. It is also frequently ranked as the happiest country in the world.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Krakow is the second largest city in Poland.  It is one of the oldest cities in Poland, dating back to at least at 7th century as a continuously occupied settlement.  It has served as a center of culture, art, commerce, and academia in Poland for much of its existence.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wadsworth, Ohio is a city in Medina County, and as of two weeks ago it is my new home.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oxfordshire, also called the County of Oxford, is a county in England.  Its primary city is Oxford, which is a center of education and tourism.  Of particular note, of course, is Oxford University, which is the oldest university in the English-speaking world.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
El Paso - Located on the westernmost point of Texas, it is the 6th largest city in the state and the 19th largest in the U.S. Founded in 1659, it lies just across the Rio Grande from the Mexican city of Ciudad Juarez, and has been considered one of the safest large cities in the country for the past twenty years.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Olympia, Washington is the capital city of the US state of Washington.  It is a major center of culture in the northwestern United States, containing within its limits the Olympia Family Theater, Theater Artists Olympia (TAO), Olympia Little Theater, the Olympia Symphony Orchestra, and many other theatrical and operatic companies.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Algiers - Capital and largest city of Algeria. Its name is derived from the Arabic name al-Jazair, which means "The Islands", referring to the four islands that were once separate from the mainland. Built on the site of the Roman town of Icosium, the city was founded in 944 AD. After some time under Ottoman control, it became part of the French colony of Algeria in 1830, which later became an independent country in 1962.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sikeston, Missouri is a city located just north of the "Missouri Bootheel" with a population just above 16,000.  It was a strategically important city during the Civil War due to its location at the intersection of railroad and road routes.  Artillery, troops, and other equipment were transported via Sikeston in preparation for the Battle of Belmont and the  Battle of Island Number Ten, among several others.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nuuk - Capital and largest city of Greenland. Formerly known as Godthab. With a population of 16,454, it is one of the smallest capital cities in the world. It is also one of the northernmost capital cities in the world, second only to Reykjavik, Iceland.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Kazakhstan is a landlocked country that spans two continents, having part of its territory in Europe and the other portion in Asia.  In fact, it is the largest landlocked country in the world, being larger in area than all of the countries of Western Europe combined.  It regained its independence after breaking away from the Soviet Union in 1991.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nuuk = Capital and largest city of Greenland. Formerly known as Godthab. With a population of 16,454, it is one of the smallest capital cities in the world. It is also one of the northernmost capital cities in the world, second only to Reykjavik, Iceland.

Nairobi is the captial and largest city of Kenya. The area was essentially uninhabited swamp until a supply depot of the Uganda Railway was built in 1899. Nairobi is now one of the most prominent cities in Africa both politically and financially.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Iraq - A country in the Middle east. Its name has been in use since the 6th century, and is believed to have come from the ancient Sumerian city of Uruk. The region, known in ancient times as Mesopotamia, has been part of many empires over thousands of years. The modern country was created in 1920, as a British territory following the break up of the Ottoman Empire, and later gained independence in 1932.

- Berix

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Qom is a city in north-central Iran.  It is considered a holy city by Shi`a Islam and it is a common destination of pilgrimage.  Due to its location only about 100 miles outside of Terhan, many clerics and government officials maintain offices within both cities.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Minao is a village in the Tiankoura Department of Bougouriba Province in south-western Burkina Faso. The village has a population of 323.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Orlando, Florida is a popular tourist destination in central Florida.  It is the most visited city in the United States according to Forbes Magazine, hosting or being near many popular tourist destinations including: Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios Florida, Sea World, and many others.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ottawa - Capital of Canada. The name comes from the Algonquin word Adawe, which means "to trade". Known as Bytown when it was founded in 1826, it was renamed Ottawa when it was made a city in 1855, and was made capital of Canada just two years later by Queen Victoria.

- Berix