The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
It could end up being like that one episode of The Simpsons that focused on the side characters and their everyday lives. So maybe we'll have one part that focuses on, say Derpy then another part that focuses on another background pony like Vinyl, Lyra, etc.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Still not interested. They're not why I watch this show. The creators can give A episode to the background ponies, but the 100th episode milestone had BETTER be dedicated to the six mares who made this series what it is.
Imagine if the 50 Year Anniversary of Doctor Who wasn't about The Doctor. What would be the point? The same goes for any other series milestone of any show. Milestones should be focused on the main characters.
It's the same for the 100th episode of FIM. What is even the point if it ignores Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow, and Fluttershy? They're the main characters. I repeat, milestones should be about them. The 100th episode can be so good that it causes world peace, and I still won't watch it if they're not the focus.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
you know, since I did originally create this thread a few years ago, it prolly wouldnt hurt for me to pop in every now and then and actually post something :p

Not entirely related to the current conversation but I did want to share this:

Some artwork I've done for the daughter of a friend just recently. :)

cheers!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, not a fan of MLP but I gotta love that picture, Aves!  :wow I'm a fan of traditional art and I love your style. Great work! :D Are you on Deviant Art by any chance?
Inactive, probably forever.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Ducky123,Dec 27 2014 on  09:35 AM
Wow, not a fan of MLP but I gotta love that picture, Aves!  :wow I'm a fan of traditional art and I love your style. Great work! :D Are you on Deviant Art by any chance?
sure! Here's my MLP DA page:
http://ponyvillerejects.deviantart.com/

and my webcomic series DA: (hasnt been updated in some time)
http://bellcountycomics.deviantart.com/

I have a number of other accounts floating around on there, but they've been long abandoned (and forgotten) :p

Of course, I don't wish to derail the thread here, so any further comments about my work aughta be PMed :)

again, cheers!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great picture, and didn't know you had places where you hid your artwork.    ;)  :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yesterday, I was finally able to watch Rainbow Rocks. Although the transcripts and galleries on the MLP wiki provided substantial details, I was still missing out on the audio details, and considering that this movie is practically a musical, that's quite a big deal (there is a huge difference between listening to the songs and just reading the lyrics). Now that I've finally gotten the full experience, I can now see why this movie is so well liked (with some people even calling it better than the first Equestria Girls movie).

On that subject, I'd like to mention that I've now started writing the sequel to my fanfiction, LEGO Equestria Girls. (I'm still interested in hearing if anyone here has read it yet. There's a link in a topic I posted in the Written Word section a while ago.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm, I wonder if they'll some day do lego My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic or a Lego Equestria girls.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
A friend of mine recently made a picture of Pinkie Pie. Just wanted to show that here as well. ;)

Here's the source. :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 2 2015 on  12:00 PM
Hmm, I wonder if they'll some day do lego My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic or a Lego Equestria girls.
The odds of that happening are virtually impossible, I'm afraid. Keep in mind that Hasbro and Lego are rival toy companies. I think I mentioned this earlier in this topic, but there was once a fan idea on a Lego site for a My Little Pony theme, and although it received enough votes to be up for review, the approval ultimately failed due to the impossibility of the necessary licensing deal.

It is only with fan projects that we will ever see such a crossover. (I'm honestly still surprised that apparently no one before me had ever thought of writing a fanfiction for such a crossover, and considering how big both fandoms are, that's saying something.)

- Berix

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Recently I actually started writing an MLP fanfiction. It's the first time in a very long time that I am writing something for the joy of writing rather than something based on formalia and regulations (applications and the like). So far it's 25 pages and I am curious where exactly it is going to get.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 9 2015 on  01:56 PM
Recently I actually started writing an MLP fanfiction. It's the first time in a very long time that I am writing something for the joy of writing rather than something based on formalia and regulations (applications and the like). So far it's 25 pages and I am curious where exactly it is going to get.
Did you post it on FimFiction.net yet?  That's probably where you're going to get the best response.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not so far.
I don't have a title for it yet, for the story may take some turns I am not yet forseeing. So far only one has read it, but I can send it via skype to anyone who may be interested (my Skype name is: malte27984).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck with your writing Malte.  Remember to have fun while writing.  :)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm guessing you're going to wait until you've completely finished writing it before you post it online. That's okay, I've seen a few people on fimfiction.net do that as well. Anyway, lbtlover is right that that site is a great place to upload any MLP fanfiction, so long as you don't mind getting lots of replies. Depending on what it'll be about, I might be interested in reading it, too. (Though I'm willing to wait until it's online for all to see, as I've already got plenty of fanfiction stuff to keep me busy for quite a while. Not only am I writing the sequel to my already-mentioned Lego crossover (over 100,000 words and modestly popular), but also the number of stories on the "Read it Later" list of my account is currently up to nearly 1200 (and at this point, I have doubts I'll even get around to reading much of that anytime soon).)

By the way, considering that this is a Land Before Time forum, check out this image that was recently featured on Equestria Daily:

I'm pretty sure that's the wrong Spike. :lol

- Berix

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I used to LOVE this series, but I haven't done anything MLP-related in more than three years (long story that involves many friends being... no longer friends) but I DO find this cover weird:

Shouldn't it be Scootaloo there?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
By the way, considering that this is a Land Before Time forum, check out this image that was recently featured on Equestria Daily:
Ah yeah :D I saw this on Deviant Art just the other day.
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi Chronicler,
the image is hillarious :lol I think there is a number of pictures about linking the two Spikes.
As for the comic cover, there is one comic featuring (among other) Rarity and Babs, but the cover sure doesn't look like it was refering to that story which doesn't feature skating while Trixie plays too important a role not to be included in that comic's cover.
I'm guessing you're going to wait until you've completely finished writing it before you post it online. That's okay, I've seen a few people on fimfiction.net do that as well. Anyway, lbtlover is right that that site is a great place to upload any MLP fanfiction, so long as you don't mind getting lots of replies. Depending on what it'll be about, I might be interested in reading it, too. (Though I'm willing to wait until it's online for all to see, as I've already got plenty of fanfiction stuff to keep me busy for quite a while.
It is not the wish to finish the story first that keeps me from posting it online. I don't have any idea how long it might become in the end. I am of course quite interested in responses and feedback and I am very grateful to Rocking Scorpion for giving me some (while at the same time I am extremely lazy when it comes to fanfiction reading).
The story plays not long after the first two episodes of the third season (so Twilight is an Alicorn in the story and still somewhat trying to get to terms with that). The story features one character who is studying "cutie marks". Given the extreme effects cutie marks seem to have on ponies (to the point of allowing to what degree free will can be surpressed by cutie marks), and the differences between cutie marks (e.g. some being extremely specific while some offer a huge range of possible interpretations and some resisting a clear interpretation altogether), the many open questions (adult blank flanks? Anypony feeling utterly unhappy with the own cutie mark? Anypony having no clue at all about the meaning of the own cutie mark? Cutie marks for illegal talents?) allow for quite a few interesting scenarios. I don't want to give many spoilers. In any case I think there are some laughs and surprises in it so far.
If anyone would like to read the story (yesterday I wrote a scene involving Discord) I'd be happy to send it to you via skype.