The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

John F. Kennedy assassination

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Ocassioned by the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy I'll soon hold a presentation about John F. Kennedys life, his presidency, the man vs. the myth, and of course the assassination itself (it will be a pain having to complete the presentation within 90 minutes when it is a topic so huge one could talk about it for days without coming close to it being really thorough or complete).
I am kind of interested in what everybody thinks (as in holding likely rather than being absolutely certain (unless of course you happen to be absolutely certain)) about whether it was the lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald or if there was a conspiracy and (in case of the later assumption) who of the most frequently mentioned groups of "conspirators" you would suspect.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree. When we're talking about a rather popular figure like JFK, a lot of people want to believe that there's some sort of conspiracy. They just find it hard to believe that one man acting alone could do such a thing. I, on the other hand, can understand that it's not so farfetched to believe in a lone gunman. I mean, look at the guy who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981; the only reason he wanted to kill the president was because, in his twisted mind, it would impress some Hollywood actress. That just goes to show that when it comes to assassins or would-be assassins, a lone gunman is usually all there is, sometimes for reasons that can be hard to understand.

Interestingly, I happened to watch something on TV last night about presidential assassinations, specifically things most people don't know about. For the Kennedy assassination, it turns out that, in a way, there actually was a little bit of a conspiracy, thought it seems to have been done after the event. Apparently, the KGB forged a letter that appeared to link Lee Harvey Oswald to the CIA, in an effort to get Americans to distrust their government. No actual involvement, just taking advantage of a tragedy. Now that was certainly something I didn't know about.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Nov 3 2013 on  10:22 PM
Interestingly, I happened to watch something on TV last night about presidential assassinations, specifically things most people don't know about. For the Kennedy assassination, it turns out that, in a way, there actually was a little bit of a conspiracy, thought it seems to have been done after the event. Apparently, the KGB forged a letter that appeared to link Lee Harvey Oswald to the CIA, in an effort to get Americans to distrust their government. No actual involvement, just taking advantage of a tragedy. Now that was certainly something I didn't know about.
Wow, I had never heard of that before.  That is certainly fascinating.  Do you by any chance happen to remember the name of the documentary that you watched on presidential assassinations?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was an episode of a series on H2 (the second History Channel). The series is "10 Things You Don't Know About...", and the name of the episode is "Presidential Assassinations". Lucky for you, if you want to see that show, it'll be on the History Channel (the original channel) later this evening. Just check the schedule on History.com if you want to know what time it'll be on.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Thanks!  I will definitely check it out.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
oswald acted alone. while there was a conspiracy against lincoln, and kennedy had a number of enemies, there was no conspiracy to get kennedy. course jack ruby shooting oswald a couple days later made sure that knowledge of any conspiracy if there was one, died with oswald
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: