The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Playing Calisto Protocol but have Dying Light 2 on the 'To play' pile

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I’ve mostly been playing Terra Invicta, which is basically a hard science fiction cross between XCOM and a Paradox Interactive Grand Strategy Game.
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I recently caught Covid and I've been doing a lot of shiny hunting in Pokemon Sword. I'm also revisiting my Rowlet hunt in Ultra Sun. One day I'll actually get to play the game. I'm also saving up to get the Dead Space Remake. Been playing some Ark: survival evolved every now and again too.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I've been playing a lot of indie visual novels, especially Oathbreaker by ImpQueenGames & LarkyLabs. I played their first game Ascension when I was younger and OB is very similar to it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have been playing The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom since it came out.

I absolutely LOVE this game. (STILL don't approve of the "durability system".  YOU'LL NEVER CHANGE MY MIND THAT IT'S A BAD THING!  NEVER!) I've had a lot of fun with this game.  I only have the end game for the main story, but I don't want to end it!  I keep exploring and finding new things.  I love the references to the previous Zelda games, especially through the armors.  The shrines are a lot of fun and are a great challenge in some cases.  The new Sages actually feel like real characters.  I didn't care much for the champions of the previous games, but these characters I can really get behind. (Save for the final Sage, but that's a whole other can of worms.) I also like the abilities you get from them. (Again, save for the last one.)

There is so much I love about this game,... and then there's gloom.  Gloom is one of the most dangerous status effects in any game ever!  And I hate it!  Gloom basically cuts off access to your hearts.  You can't heal until you cure yourself of the Gloom.  Luckily, there's two main ways of doing it.  To cure yourself of Gloom you either bathe in sunlight, (Praise the sun!) or you use Sundelion to cook Sunny Food.  Even then, your hearts become empty, so you still have to normally heal.  Yeah, not a fun time.

On top of that, late game enemies hit like a truck.  Seriously, 15 hearts aren't enough by then.  You will be killed easily if you don't get enough hearts.  I am not looking forward to how much damage the final boss will do to me.

Despite the problems, I am having a fun time.  This is definitely one of my favorite games of this year.  I will continue to see what it brings to me.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yesterday, I fully completed the game LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. It is by far the biggest Lego game I've ever experienced, and not just because it covers all nine movies of the main Star Wars series. It also has a lot of worlds to explore (24 in total, if I counted correctly), each with a fair amount of puzzles to solve and quests to complete. As for the story content, you start out with the option to choose which of the three trilogies to begin (so Episodes 1, 4, and 7 are your staring options), and each movie consist of five levels with some traveling around the various worlds in between each level, and the bonus content of the levels consist of not only minikit canisters to collect (like all other Lego games have), but also three special tasks called "challenges" that require a wide variety of conditions to complete, some of which can only be done by bringing in other characters while replaying the levels later in free play mode. The characters are organized into different classes, and collecting special bricks (which most previous Lego games did little more than track your game progress) will allow you to purchase upgrades to make improvements on each character class. And since there's so much to explore and so much to accomplish, the game even comes with its own list of precisely which tasks, quests, puzzles, and so on that you've completed or yet to explore, making it much easier for you to track your progress throughout the game at practically any time you want. If not for how long it took me to finally complete this game, I would be eager to try playing it again sometime soon, so it's definitely a great Lego game that I would recommend.

Well, time to bring up my old list of Lego games ranked by how much I liked them, and include where I've decided to put this one...
LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4

I'm not sure if any of the other more recent Lego games would be worth adding to this list, but I do plan on playing them relatively soon, so I'll wait and see how they turn out before I make up my mind.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I recently played The Arcana, another indie game. I've been interested in Muriel's route the most.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
All of Blizzards games got hacked, and are not working, including Diablo IV and World of Warcraft.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Steam Summer Sale is tomorrow, the game I’ve got my eye on is Horizon Zero Dawn, mainly cause I’m a sucker for games revolving around bows n arrows. Right now I’m 100%ing Tomb Raider 2013 on Hard for the third time, so lord knows I could definitely use a new title to spice things up, haha

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Contemplating buying the TMNT mobile game.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Last week, I played and completed LEGO Bricktales. It was a fun and unique little Lego game, and while it had elements of other Lego games (such as bonus collectible items to find in all areas after obtaining all abilities from completing the story), it has other features that really made it stand out on its own. Most notably was the places where you build models with certain requirements (such as making the structure not collapse when you walk across it), but otherwise can build them in whatever way you want, which is very suitable for a game based on Lego. The major downside to this game is that it does not have the ability to save multiple games (unlike most other Lego games), meaning that if you want to replay the game from the beginning, you would have to wipe out all of the progress you had previously made, and since I really don't want to lose some of the models I built, that means I'll probably never get another opportunity to play this game again.

I also started playing LEGO Brawls the week prior and I'm still playing it as of now. The actual gameplay is rather quick and simple, and also can be quite fun. You select (and can customize) a character to play as and you participate in brawls with other players in either teams of 4 vs 4 or an 8 player free for all, depending on which map everyone votes on to play at. Depending on how well you do in each brawl, you make progress towards unlocking additional content such as characters, weapons, and powerups that you can add to the character you play as. There's also the additional challenge of mastering "champion" characters to unlock some more aforementioned content. While this game also cannot be replayed from the beginning without erasing all of your previous progress, I see little reason why I would want to restart from scratch, as this game is all about playing in all kinds of various battlezones against just about anyone, and that doesn't change no matter how much progress you've made. (Plus, I'm already perfectly satisfied with my character of choice and will happily continue to use him as I continue to make progress towards unlocking everything there is to unlock.) Another nice feature of this game is "Party Mode" where you can invite other players to play along with you (so you're playing with people you know rather than a bunch of totally random other players), and I'm cautiously optimistic that I can eventually enjoy an opportunity to make use of it to actually play this game with other people I know.

With that, I will now include both of those games on my list of favorite Lego games (and even throw in LEGO Builder's Journey which I had already talked about earlier in this topic).

LEGO City Undercover
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame
LEGO Worlds
LEGO Brawls
LEGO Bricktales
LEGO Builder's Journey
LEGO Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
LEGO The Incredibles
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - The Videogame
LEGO DC Super-Villains
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO Star Wars - The Force Awakens
LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 - The Adventure Continues
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Lord of the Rings
LEGO Batman - The Videogame
LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures
LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham
LEGO Star Wars - The Complete Saga
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7
LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4

There is another Lego game that recently came out (LEGO 2K Drive), though with how expensive it is, I don't yet know when I'll have an opportunity to purchase and try playing that game.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Technically not playing yet, but I'm super hyped to play the Expanse game by Telltale, comes out later in the week   :D

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Baldur's gate 3 and Alan Wake 2... many sleepless nights have been suffered playing them  :smile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Baldur's gate 3 and Alan Wake 2... many sleepless nights have been suffered playing them  :smile

BG3 is soooo good! I'm waiting to get Alan Wake 2 until I've pruned a few items off my to-play list, but I'm super hyped to play that eventually as well, AW1 was one of my earliest gaming loves :D

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on December 31, 2023, 09:30:14 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on December 31, 2023, 09:30:14 PM

BG3 is soooo good! I'm waiting to get Alan Wake 2 until I've pruned a few items off my to-play list, but I'm super hyped to play that eventually as well, AW1 was one of my earliest gaming loves :D

I'm having so much fun with BG3  :lol: The combat was initially quite complicated for me but I think I'm a little better with it now haha - I can tell that once you have it totally down there's so many ways to approach different situations. The amount of effort you can feel the team put into everything is amazing!

AW1 was also one of my favourite games! I'm not too far through 2 but you'd definitely like it I reckon - it keeps what made the first so good but bumps it up a notch. I'd recommend playing Control too, or at least reading a summary - it ties quite heavily into AW1 and 2  :)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I recently finished Spider-Man 2.  Gotta say, it was a huge letdown from the previous games. 

Currently playing Jedi: Survivor.