The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Killdozer.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Check this out. In some town in Colorado, it seems someone went Joker crazy with a bulldozer he converted into a tank. I just came across this today and had to share with someone.

Here are some links with the details: (yes, I know Wiki is a flawed source, but its most readily handy, and this time its about 90% accurate.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

I only have one thing to say:

:lol: Oh man, I thought stuff like this only happened in movies!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why police forces should have AT weapons.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Looks like a job for an A-10 thunderbolt or an apache helicopter.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: General Grievous,Sep 10 2008 on  10:43 PM
Looks like a job for an A-10 thunderbolt or an apache helicopter.
Yeah. I just have to ask one thing Why didn't they call the army?! A M-60 would be able to take it down in one shot! I watched the news report of the day it happened the cops used rifles. rifles are no match for something like that!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like something that they would do as a tv movie or something.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 10 2008 on  11:27 PM
Sounds like something that they would do as a tv movie or something.
The was a  made for TV movie in 1974 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killdozer_(film) which was based on a Novel written in 1944. It was named after the movie.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought the name Killdozer sounded familiar.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, really. They really needed to call something else (heavier) in. I'm willing to bet that if our military presence wasn't so heavily overseas that this would have been delt with before he did any real damage, but that's another discuss in itself.

I actually learned about the "Killdozer" movie through this.

Oh, man, one just has to wonder how the businessmen and women who screwed this guy over have lived their lives since then. In all likelihood, though, their reaction was probably akin to the reality TV camera from the Simpsons: 'I'm getting a taste of my own medicine, yet I learn nothing!"

I'm amazed I never heard of this. Its an ordinary civilion...who built himself a frikkin tank...and used it cause his hometown to crap in terror in sync.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You'd think they could have called in the state militia, activated a some reservists or something like that.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
First time I heard of this really.

Oh man, I thought stuff like this only happened in movies!

Same here :blink: [/color][/b]

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow. That's about all i can say, just wow. I can't believe this actually happened. :blink:
The things people do these days. :lol

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I remember mentioning this a while ago. I saw it on a show called Shockwave on the History Channel. I remember making a topic about this shortly after watching it, but I'm not going to bother looking for it.

From what I can recall, there was indeed a lot of damage, but nobody was killed or injured. The police tried everything they had, and were considering calling a missile strike when the killdozer got stuck while demolishing a building. Unable to move it at all, the insane driver shot and killed himself. The armor was so tough that it took police 12 hours to open up a large enough hole to get into the cabin. The killdozer was later dismantled, but would always be remembered in that town.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh man, I thought stuff like this only happened in movies!

They must have gotten the idea for the movie from somewhere.   :p

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Drake,Sep 11 2008 on  11:02 PM
They must have gotten the idea for the movie from somewhere.   :p
They got the idea from a book.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
After hearing why the man did what he did, I have to say somewhat side with him up to a point. I'll bet the people who screwed him over at the council and court have hardly learned their lesson in that there are just some pople you don't mess with.

I think we should call him Captain Killdozer, as the insane pilot of that thing is probably one of the few people on earth who actually qualifies as a supervillain.