The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello to Global Warming Activist

Guest · 16 · 1296

Hoarveadveway

Hello everyone

This is my first post here and i must say... u have great comunity here.
I am webmaster of Global Warming Blog.
And i am very interested in global warming and environment issues :(

I hope i will find here some interested sugestions and critique how to improve our mind about this global warming problems.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome with us Hoarveadveway :)
A major problem about reducing the effects of global warming (same as softening the effects of quite a number of other issues in our time) is that global activity is called for. This is not a petty matter to be dealt with on local or national level but something where the whole world has to work together (something at which mankind has not exactly proven to be apt so far).
One of the problematic aspects is that many of the Asian "take off" countries are now reaching a state of development which will result in a much higher emission of CO2. Millions and millions of bicycles are to be changed for cars before long. We cannot however pretend that this was the only problem (thereby shunning our own responsibility) and we would have a difficult stand trying to tell the people of these countries that they did not have the right to enjoy the ecology damaging luxuries which people in the western world have been enjoying for such a long time. Still we must hope to prevent many of them from repeating the mistakes committed by us and at the same time (and here is the most difficult part for most people) we must see our OWN mistakes and do better.
We must not talk ourselves into a doomsday mood (also a tactic to shun responsible action by pretending that everything was useless anyway) but we mustn't underestimate the problem either and stop taking too much for granted.
We need quick action (one cannot be content to extinguish the fire in a burning house gradually) but I'm afraid that, especially under the impression of the current economic crisis too much attention is taken from ecology to economy for any serious action to be conducted soon :(

PS: I will move this thread to the Fridge section where it seems to be more properly stored. I will keep it here for some more time though to make sure you read this and will know where to find the thread Hoarveadveway.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any sort of solution will need as many folks as possible and it will take time as well.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Welcome Hoarveadveway!

It's great that you're dedicating your time to promote a cause that you find important. I spent last summer and a good part of this year volunteering for Nick Liebham for Congress (Nick, by the way, considered global warming a serious problem, and his campaign color was green for alternate energy), and though he lost, doing something like that still gives you that great feeling that your helping a cause that will provide benefits in the future. Great job, and I wish you good luck with your cause.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome :wave hope ya stick around for a while :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey there welcome! :wave

I too believe in global warming. How else can you explain the drastic changes in the weather and the melting of the ice caps up north and south? I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't STAND hot weather.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome. :wave  Topics about global warming will need to be in an appropriate section.  This is only for welcomes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ It used to be in a different thread and I planned to move the thread to the Fridge. I don't know who moved it to the welcoming section. I did not.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome, you are really into somethig big, I hope you'll get to expand your knowledge and ideas so more solutiuons can come out and save what's left of our planet.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Forgot to say Welcome.    Maybe it was an admin who was only partially awake, and didn't look at all of the posts.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five! :wave

I have a somewhat mixed opinion on Global Warming. I feel that the effects are part of a natural cycle that can't be prevented. That's not to say that humans have no factor in it, I think they have been speeding up the natural cycle. I say that although we can't prevent Global Warming entirely, we can try to slow it down to a point where it won't cause dramatic events.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Hey there, welcome!

It really is unfortunate, what is happening now. It may also be, like Chronicler mentioned, part of a natural cycle, but I'd rather think that, even though its a natural process, humans are starting to speed it up.

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Hey!
Welcome to the GOF!

So, about global warming...
When people say "stop driving cars" and all that foolishness.. Well, that would not help much at all!
Cars and vehicles only cause 2% of the damage!

What people really need to do, is to stop burning down the rainforest, which causes 20% of the damage!
If there is any way you can get this message through to the world, please do!

And again, welcome to the board!