The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a question, get an answer!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Definitely the late 80's through the early 2000s.  Very few decent horror films have been released since besides the "Saw" and "Final Destination" series.  I also like Hitchcock's material :yes.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For me, it's the black-&-white horror films, and the few in color include Hitchcock.  The stuff today seems more with excessive gore rather than a good story, and then there's all the sequels...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey! Have you heard about the new Three Stooges movie? If so, do you think you are going to see it?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, someone told me in class today, and I think I heard about it before that. But I was never a fan of the show, so I'm not gonna see it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah I've heard about it, but I'm on the fence about the film.  The original Three Stooges are classic and untouchable in my opinion, and when I heard they casted Snooki in the film, that ruined it for me :rolleyes.  So, to answer your question, I'm not sure if I'll see it yet :p.

Bruton the Iguanodon

To anyone who replies first, what do you think was the worst injury any of our main cast has suffered in the LBT films? (I also have a poll on this)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Mar 22 2012 on  10:14 PM
To anyone who replies first, what do you think was the worst injury any of our main cast has suffered in the LBT films? (I also have a poll on this)
Uh, maybe I should explain how things work here in the "Ask Me" section. You see, this subforum is where you can ask questions to a particular member to learn more about them. This topic in particular was created by Cancerian Tiger, therefore, all questions you ask in this specific topic are meant for only her to answer and no one else. If you want to ask a question to someone else, you'll need to say it in that person's "Ask Me" topic. (but please try to refrain for posting in everyone's "Ask Me" topic in one day, because that's just annoying. <_< ) You could also create your own "Ask Me" topic if you want people to ask you questions about yourself.

By the way, CT, based on one of the trailers I saw for that Three Stooges movie, it seems to me that what concerns you will be little more than a cameo appearance. Do you want me to give you a link to that trailer?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sure :).

And Bruton, what Chronicler said is correct.  Besides, I think I've been "vocal" enough in the LBT injuries topic you created.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's where I saw the trailers for the Three Stooges movie (two of them in a playlist):
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/the-three-st...r-28683603.html

What do you think?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After seeing these trailers, it looks like it may be worth watching after all :yes.  Still, nothing can beat the original Three Stooges ;).

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm too lazy to read through 20 pages of Q&A's to see if this question has been asked before, so I apologize if this is a repeat question from someone else:

What kind of drawing do you like to do?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
What kinds of wildlife did you see in all the national parks you visited this summer? :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not as much wildlife as I would've liked to have seen, but there were sightings nonetheless :).  The following are what I saw:

Isle Royale National Park: A red fox, snowshoe hare, and lots of loons :lol.

Glacier National Park: A few mountain goats (I could not catch them with my camera), and I narrowly missed seeing a grizzly bear.

Crater Lake National Park: There was a red-tailed hawk circling over the lake.

Yosemite National Park: A few mule deer, ground squirrels, a red-tailed hawk, and Stellar blue jays.  I could hear an American bald eagle calling, but I could not locate it.  I did not see one black bear during my stay, but I was careful about putting everything scented in my campite's bearbox.  Yosemite is notorious for black bears destroying people's vehicles to get to food :rolleyes.  Greater efforts have been made in recent years to reduce this behavior, and so far it seems to be working :yes.

I've seen a lot of wildlife since moving out to Death Valley National Park.  I've seen coyotes, sun spiders aka camel spiders, tarantulas, geckos, horned lizards, a couple different species of hawks, a turkey vulture, swifts (larger versions of swallows), kangaroo rats, skinks, stinkbugs, roadrunners and their cuckoo bird cousins, a Giant Hairy Desert scorpion, and desert snails (they live in hot springs).  I had a Great Horned Owl nearly land on me one night before it recognized me as human and took off :lol.  The other night, while I was watching the rare blue moon, I believe three groups of bats all flew at once right over me :wow.  They were small and black.

Outside of the national parks, I saw an American bald eagle while driving through northern Michigan/Minnesota, and I saw a mountain lion walking in a ditch in Montana at night.  It was walking toward my headlights as I was driving, and it looked like it was stalking prey.  That's the first time I ever saw a mountain lion :wow.  Also, in Montana, I saw thunderbirds at times.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ Whoa! :wow I would have loved to have seen a lot of those things, especially in Death Valley.

Thunderbirds? You don't mean the giant, storm-causing birds of Native American legend? :blink:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The real thunderbirds are quite small and similar in appearance to magpies, but their coloration is different.  They only have white on their wings, and the white looks like a lightning bolt from first glance.

I can now add to my previous post that I've seen a herd of wild horses, a great blue heron (yes, in the desert and nowhere near water), and a goldish-colored garter snake.  Then, tonight, I watched a couple of bats flying right over me and catching insects.  The bats even tried to land on me a couple of times.  It was really cool, seeing them so close.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 7 2012 on  02:03 AM
The real thunderbirds are quite small and similar in appearance to magpies, but their coloration is different.  They only have white on their wings, and the white looks like a lightning bolt from first glance.
Oh. :oops Do you know what their common or alternative name is? I've never heard the name "thunderbird" used for any scientifically recognized living bird species, so I'm guessing it's a nickname or a regionally used name. (In the field of cryptozoology, giant unidentified birds that people allegedly sight on occasion are commonly referred to as "thunderbirds", but if those were the kinds of birds you saw, I wouldn't expect you to mention them so casually. :p)

I can now add to my previous post that I've seen a herd of wild horses, a great blue heron (yes, in the desert and nowhere near water), and a goldish-colored garter snake.  Then, tonight, I watched a couple of bats flying right over me and catching insects.  The bats even tried to land on me a couple of times.  It was really cool, seeing them so close.
Wow. :wow Awesome, awesome, awesome, and awesome. :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Bump. :p Sorry for the double question.

Knowing that you camp out a lot, have you ever tried a recipe called the "hobo dinner"?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
As we are both Cera fans.. Do you like my human version of her?

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
If you would have to choose one place for vacations... would you go to the desert or would you like to try some snowy place?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pangaea- By a strange surprise, I have not tried the hobo dinner yet.  I have most certainly heard of it, though :lol.

Dalekdino- Yes, I really like your human version of Cera.  She's really cute in a human kid-like way :DD.

Midnight-I have lived in the desert for sometime now, but I always enjoy vacationing in other desert locations.  I'm not a fan of extremely cold weather, but I have family in the north and therefore sometimes only get to visit there when it's snowy :lol.  I guess you can say I am not too particular of where I vacation.  I love to travel and see new things :yes.