The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Happy New Years everyone!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think it is a better idea to revive old threads than making a new one of the same content every year. Having last year's posts in the same thread may help to make the thread more than mere repetition (same goes for birthday threads).
While of course they are nice and polite there is not too much beyond that in a thread consisting just of lines like "happy new year" in 20 or more successive posts ;)
The last year was a quite exciting one for the Gang of Five. I don't think we gained as many new and active members in any previous year. There have been many contributions of fanart and there weren't any periods of utter silence which occurred in some of the previous years (though they never lasted). New sections were introduced to the GOF. The 10000 post mark was reached for the first time by two members and the overall post count will soon reach the 75000 mark. While numbers matter little they still indicate the lasting success of our community while the helpfulness and kindness many of you have shown throughout the year and your actions to protect the GOF from spammers really show what this community is worth. Admins are not just watchers of the rules and "the dark side of the force" in a forum, but they also realize the good things members do on behalf of the community :lol
Therefore thanks to all of you and "guten Rutsch"!

I hope that the GOF will continue the positive course throughout the next year and I hope that the new year will offer more land before time related topics for discussion :birthday

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Probably like last year I'm not going to be able to stay awake till midnight.  I've just not got it in me to get up about 7 am or earlier and stay up past midnight. :p

Malte's plenty correct--we've had an awesome year here at the GOF.  :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You must get up at 7am? Is the first of January not a free day for you?
At the moment staying up till past midnight is nothing unusual for me. Most of the time I don't get to sleep until some time between 1 and 2 am these days. I hope that next year I get a better university schedule (with most courses in the forenoon rather than late afternoon and evening) which might enable me to follow a more regular order of the day.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As for me, I will be staying up past midnight, which won't be a problem for me, mainly because by the time I get home from work, it'll be between 11:15 and 11:20 pm.

I usually just watch the "New Year's Eve Countdowns" on TV and then go to bed once it's midnight, falling asleep at 12:05 am.  This year, with me staying up 'til 12:30 am so much, I might try to shoot for 1:00 am, but we'll see. :P:

However, with how my body tends to have me wake up between 5:30 am and 6:30 am, I'm hoping to get a new work schedule next year.  One that will allow me to go to bed earlier and get more sleep.  I do not enjoy having to take naps through the day. -_-

Any New Year's Resolutions for you guys?

I'm hoping to give up a certain website which I really shouldn't be visiting.  I've been wanting to give it up, I'm just SO addicted to it. -_-

Well, I'll see ya guys later! :^.^:

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, since this topic is revived, and this is the last day of the year, I wish you to all the GOF members a very Haooy New Year 2008!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only new years resolutions I've ever made, and have made for decades now, and always keep is, "I resolve to make no more new years resolutions for this upcoming hear apart from this one."

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My New Year's Resolution is to feel more comfortable about talking with other people (something I have quite a problem with). I think that by joining GOF, I've made the first step for that resolution.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Well in my time zone...it's still eleven here in the Mid western U.S. and the timing here on the GOF forum is one hour ahead...so oh well!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
About 11:30pm here, so it is soon, but not here yet.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I slept through new years. :lol It's now almost 3am.  Nothing to do anyways except watch the space needle on tv getting fireworks blown off it. :rolleyes:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You can bet I still feel the effects of last night this morning. :p  Happy new year.  I'll reply in the RP later.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Happy new year everyone. And one more year had passe. :D

Here silvester was amazing. There was so much smoke that one couldn¥t see the hands before eyes. No joke. And there where so silly guys. They laid down rockets on the street and let them start :blink: . It was so dangerous. I just went on the street to start a batterie. -_- . But otherwise it was a very nice silvester. So happy new year!!! :wow  :wow

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope everyone has a great new years day today and a happy new  year for the rest of the year.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Happy new year! sorry for the late reply but I hope we'll all get a great new year :DD .
 Feliz 2008 para todos!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delayed response, everyone, but I hope you all have a wonderful new year to come in 2008! :)

THE END IS NEAR!!! :lol