The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you thinking about?

Amaranthine · 1118 · 87727

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I got me a printer with a scanner, so now I've gotta make some new fanart and show it off here :D.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really do believe animals are much smarter than humans give 'em credit for.  For example, when I called home the other day, I had my mother put the phone on speaker phone so I could talk to my bird Howard.  She told me that, as soon as I started speaking to him, he started to kiss the speaker part of the phone and would not stop.  I wish I was allowed to bring him out with me :cry.

Now, for a funny (and true!) story about animal intelligence.  A couple of weeks ago, I was taking pictures of prairie dogs in Yellowstone National Park.  There was this REALLY fat (probably morbidly obese) prairie dog, and I could not get his attention so I only got a picture of his back.  After making sure nobody else was around, I called out to him: "Look here, fata**!"  And guess what?  He turned around right away and posed for me :blink:!  I even have the pictures to prove it :lol.

So...yup, animal intelligence is what is currently on my mind ;).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
How to justify the use of stone weapons by Twilight Valley dinosaurs.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
my dog loves to pose for pictures..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 31 2010 on  02:25 PM
I got me a printer with a scanner, so now I've gotta make some new fanart and show it off here :D.
Awesome! I can't wait! :smile

Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 31 2010 on  10:20 PM
I really do believe animals are much smarter than humans give 'em credit for.
I second that opinion. :yes At the moment, I can't think of any real-life experiences with animals of my own at the moment to argue that point (I can think of some possible examples involving Sasquatch, but I'm not entirely confident that they're indicative of intelligence), but I definitely believe it.

Ehh . . . what am *I* thinking about right now? Well . . . I'm trying to write a review for a chapter of a fanfiction, and I'm thinking hard about how to put my thoughts in words. :unsure:

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I really do believe animals are much smarter than humans give 'em credit for.
I generally agree, but one thing that I think humans need to abandon is the idea of animals thinking along exactly the same lines as humans do in order to qualify as intelligent. Some humans "project" humanness onto animals too much.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ This is food for a new thread, but I suspect that's one of the reasons humans don't always recognize intelligence in other species, because most animals' minds work differently than ours'. Thus we tend to anthropomorphize, perceiving human-like behavior or qualities in animals as indicators of intelligence.

I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back to normal, and I'm thinking about how I can keep myself awake for the rest of the day. :blink:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Trying to think of my Antz/Bug's Life crossover...and wondering if I should include my OC somewhere around them.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Quote from "The little prince" b< Antoine de Saint ExupÈry chapter XXV:
One runs the risk of weeping a little, if one lets himself be tamed . . .

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking . . .

ï I need to work on my votes for the 2010 GOF Awards. I had hoped to post them  yesterday or today yesterday or the day before. :slap

EDIT: Oops, it's midnight. Gotta edit that. :rolleyes

ï I have to read and review the latest chapter of Far Away Home (something I'm very excited about :smile).

ï I was going to watch a show with my brother; I hope we'll have time for it. :unsure:

ï We could really use a “thinking” emoticon. :p

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just spent the afternoon editing my entire fanfic here on GoF, so everyone can read the finalized version that has already been on fanfiction.net for a while. To do it in one afternoon, I did it at a rate of one chapter every five minutes! :wow :wow :wow After all that, I feel like I just ran a marathon or something like that.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thinking about moving into my new house tomorrow. I hope it's tomorrow, at least. Better be tomorrow.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think I was a witness to evidence that Darwin was wrong yesterday :bang.

Okay, here's what happened.  Some park visitor came up to me.  The following conversation IS real and REALLY happened:

Visitor: "Are we allowed to approach bears?"

Me: "No, sir.  Don't ever go any closer than three-hundred feet or one-hundred yards to a bear, or any of the wildlife for that matter."

Visitor: "Well, I saw a bear earlier.  I was in my car and I got out to see the bear.  I was probably twelve meters from the bear."

Me: "Oh, that's way too close.  In that case, the best thing to do is get back in your car and view the bear that way."

Visitor: "I was only twelve meters away.  Does this mean I can get closer to the bear?"

*By this point, I feel like going: :slap*

Me: "No, don't ever approach a bear.  They're very dangerous."

Visitor: "Bears have big teeth and big claws, right?"

Me: "They sure do."

Visitor: "But bears are slow, right?"

Me: "No way.  They're known to charge up to forty-five miles-per-hour."

This was literally the visitor's reaction::huh:... :blink:... :o... :bolt

He ran to his family and he yelled somethin' like "Oh my gosh!" and started chattering in (I think) Chinese (I think they were from China, anyway :unsure:) as he made himself look like a bear while running in place.  I eventually heard him yell "Forty-five mile-per-hour!"

His family: :!

Me: :blink:

I had started to wonder if I had put the fear of God in him about bears :unsure:.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see.  I'm thinkin' about:

*I know what my next overseas trip will be, but it will take me a couple of years to save up enough money for a forty-seven day trip to twenty countries :neutral.

*Along the same lines of finances, I hate bein' broke.  It'll be nice to be outta college.  Sure, I'll be using student loans for grad school, but at least I can make monthly payments instead of putting at least three-fourths of my paychecks into my credit card to pay the school tuition :rolleyes.

*What my next vehicle will be...when that time comes :p.

*At the end of the day, life is still good ;).

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
About how close I was to getting a certain trophy on Prototype.....but no, had to press the wrong button and screw it up completely....was suppose to stealth consume someone but he grabbed him and caused the alarm to be raised, which is not what I wanted to happen, and to make it worse, once the alarm stopped, I never raise it again for the mission :bang

That, and a sentence from SpongeBob where he and Patrick learn a dirty word, which is most likely, the F-word, since SpongeBob says this: "Hey Squidward, how the *dolphin noise* are ya?", I just can't get over it...a swear word on SpongeBob pretty much :lol

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I'm thinking about flash cards for the Nintendo 3DS. I hope that flash cards like R4DS will be produced for the new handheld.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What I forgot to buy at the store today, mainly juice :bang.  Well, if the weather's nasty again tomorrow, I'll head back into town to do some more shopping.  If the weather holds up, I'll do some outdoor activities first :angel.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
49 out of 50 hint collectables that I have found in Prototype....where could that last one be....and why does Time Square itself have to have so many collectables to find?  I'm sure the last one is around there somewhere.....