The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm saying is that each episode with the 2 to three minute theme song will be 32 to 33 minutes long. That is with commercials.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Sep 26 2011 on  11:27 AM
I'm saying is that each episode with the 2 to three minute theme song will be 32 to 33 minutes long. That is with commercials.
Not true!  There is a regulated time restraint as to which shows can run.  If need be, they can shorten the commercials.  However, they will most likely encourage the creators to keep the shows themselves up to around 23 minutes at most, this includes any beginning and ending themes said shows will feature.  It is a basic rule that has been put into regulation as not to go past the 30 minute time restraint they have to work with.

Bottom line, IT'S A RULE!!

It is a rule TV stations follow VERY tightly.  If need be, they will cut footage. :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not trying to out rule you I've seen maybe 30 minute shows be 35 to 37 minutes on Spike.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I just did a comparison. A full episode of MLP:FiM averages about 22:15 minutes, sometimes some seconds longer. A japanese digimon episode, with both ending and opening accounted for, averages about 22:41. The opening is about 30 seconds longer than FiM.

Given this information, commercials for MLP would be, in a 30 minute time frame, would be 7:45 minutes total. For the japanese digimon, 7:19 in length. So there's only about 26 seconds difference. I know that intros can vary in length; I just used digimon because I'm familiar with it and that most japanese OPs I've seen are roughly the same length.

So if FiM's opening bump up to 2 minutes, that would take away about a minute of commercial. So instead of 7:45, it would be down to 6:45. If it were only bumped up by about 30 seconds, then the commercials would lessen by 30 seconds. 7:15 instead of 7:45.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, just to be clear, I'm still not a brony. However, my wandering mind has, in the last few days, come up with a few ideas for MLP fanfics, and I just don't think it would be fair to withhold them from a community that might appreciate them. I'm not interested in writing these myself (and besides, I don't even have the time anyway), so I suggest that if anyone here is interested in writing some MLP fanfics, please let me know and I'll give you further details by PM. (I currently have three story ideas to choose from.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Speaking of potentily upcomin pony fics, I had the most amazing brainblast today! Warning: shameless self-promotion ahead)

Thinking about my first pony fic, which was essentially a crossover between FiM and The Statement of Randolph Carter, I started wondering: what other Lovecraft stories could I ponify?

Short answer: A lot.

So, I've decided that alongside my Ever Watching fic, I'll be making a sort of anthology series of pony/Lovecraft fics. Kind of along the lines of the Creepshow movies, or the Simpsons Treehouse or Horror episodes. With that, I can announce that my next short story shall be simply entitled "The Strange Music of Octavia".

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My next fic will take place in Appleloosa.

This time the Natives, Applejack and her friends including the bisons must fight together against Diamond Dogs.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome that sounds really cool. I will look forward to read it once is done.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awesome  That you bought this DVD. I might buy it soon my self.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Sep 27 2011 on  08:30 AM
I just bought The Ticket Master DVD.

So, where'd you get it? :D *prepares to raid whatever store has it*

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think it's available in the U.S. At least, not yet. There have been reports of it in Belgium and Brazil.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Sep 27 2011 on  11:51 AM
I don't think it's available in the U.S. At least, not yet. There have been reports of it in Belgium and Brazil.
There is an English DVD of two of the episodes currently available on-line.  I got mine on eBay for $25 plus shipping.  It's called "Celebration in Canterlot".

Yeah, I know.  A ripoff, but I wanted to get it SO badly.

EDIT: Just so you know, last I checked, (which was about an hour ago.) there was only 4 left at Amazon.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Or you can get it off the Denmark amazon if they had it in the English version.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I cracked up at this XD

NO, RAINBOW DASH! It'll chase Twilight and Rarity into the sea by King Haggard's castle!

And I am so, so, so, SOOOO happy that someone did this!

Somewhere...this will be my signature...

It EXPLODES!

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
YOUR FACE! (A.K.A. Levan Polkkashy)
YOUR FACE! (A.K.A. Levan Polkkashy)

Who knew a bucket slamming against Twilight's head provides a nice, steady beat to remix to  :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I listened to the song you posted and it was a pretty good song.