The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello! Sorry I'm late!

Pangaea · 52 · 5429

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hiya, Pangaea, and welcome to the GOF :wave!

Hey, don't worry 'bout quirkiness around here.  A good number of us, myself included, are Aspies.  It is said they have good senses of humor, so I'm certain the Party Room would be an awesome place to unleash your quirkiness ;).  Then again, I'm just an all-around screwball :lol.  

Your starday is in July?  What date may I ask?  Mine's the sixteenth :yes.

I, too, have obsessed 'bout dinosaurs, science (especially natural sciences), and nature since I was still in elementary.  Writing is something I've been into since I was eight years of age.  I have always been told my level of writing far exceeds that of what it should be at my age and education level.  

As for offending folks, I really hate it if I even get a bad feeling that I've offended someone.  I'm outspoken, but I use it in a friendly and civil manner, not to hurt feelings.

Well, feel free to join in on our fun and discussions.  If my screen name is too long to bother with, just call me CT.  A lot of members do.  BTW, I'm female, just so ya know.  The combination of "Tiger" being in my screen name and me being tomboyish probably gives the impression that I'm male, but I'm not ;).

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
If you want to talk about Ruby on a thread she has her own thread at: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...opic=3324.40

Oh, I know. That’s where I was planning on posting it. The problem is, it’s already more of an essay than a post, and it’s not even finished yet! More importantly, while it centers around Ruby, it also branches out to explain a number of related issues, such as why her parents did not come to the Great Valley with her and why Red Claw is such a threat, all of which sort of mesh together to form what I believe to be a plausible backstory for Ruby. It will probably take quite a while to finish, but when it is complete, it may very well be among the longest posts ever made on this forum. (Or maybe I’m overestimating. Who knows?)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cancerian Tiger:

It’s great to know that there are so many people here who can relate to me (and vice versa). Thank you very much.

I am indeed planning to spend quite a bit of time in the Party Room. Not sure if you read my response to Malte’s greeting, but I visit that forum a lot. Obviously I haven’t participated there yet, but I enjoy reading the captions, and have followed a number of the games closely, and sometime in the next few days, I’ll join in for real. (By the way, do you need to reach a certain post count before you can post images in the “Caption This!” section? I’ve been taking screenshots of all of the LBT movies I own on DVD, and have come across several that I think would make great captioning material.)

My birthday, (or star day, as I will henceforth be calling it on this site, provided I remember) is July 14th. Sadly, I might not be able to be here to celebrate it, since my family and I are going out to Washington, D.C. at around that time, and I don’t know if I’ll have Internet access out there. If I do, I’ll be sure to come here. Don’t know if I’ll be able to post much, but I'll at least let you all know I'm here.

Oh, and by the way, don’t worry about your screen name length giving me problems. Some of my favorite prehistoric animals have names like Therizinosaurus cheloniformis, Masiakasaurus knopfleri, and Caulkicephalus trimicrodon, so “Cancerian Tiger” is hardly long to me.

I’d love to keep talking, but right now I haven’t slept in twenty-four hours (I have a ridiculously whacked-out sleep schedule), and my brain is beginning to blip out on me. I’ll be back tomorrow, though; you can count on that! Anyway, good night...Zzzzzz....

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Goodnight :p. Though I am kinda interested in natural science and biology as well, but I never heard about these names  :blink:

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hi Pangaea
 sorry for the late introduction, dont worry about being wordy or using the emoticons alot, i am a man of few words myself, for the most part, but i do like to listen to what other people have to say

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nimrod: Don’t worry about not knowing about those dinosaurs; that’s what I’m here for :DD; to provide people with any prehistoric animal information they may want. Keep an eye out; I plan to address my first dinosaur-related question (the matter of Ducky's species) today.

Chomper: I’m not too concerned about using the emoticons too much; I’m worried about not using them enough or accidentally using them in the wrong context. It may take me a while to get the hang of using them. By the way, as long as I’m talking to you, just thought I’d mention; I love the quotes you have on your signature, especially this one:
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Hilarious! :lol

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
yours are not to bad yourself

If I tripped over my feet as often as I tripped over my tongue, I'd probably be typing this from a wheelchair.

this is my favorite one because i trip up when i talk also. with the emoticons you will know when and when not to use one, but when in doubt remember, better to ask forgiveness than permission, i know i ripped it off of eragon, but the quote is good.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you very much. While I am quite clumsy physically in real life, it’s nothing compared to my ineptitude in vocal conversations. It seems that whenever I open my mouth nowadays (except when food is involved :lol), I either forget what I was going to say, or flub whatever I do end up saying. It’s funny, because I love to talk; I talk all the time, even to myself. Not to mention all the tongue-contorting scientific names of prehistoric animals that I can correctly spell and recite from memory alone. You’d think I would be a linguistic acrobat by now. That’s probably one reason why I enjoy writing so much; it allows me to talk all I want without turning my side of the conversation into a blooper reel. Anyway, as you have probably surmised, I am very fond of witty and humorous quotes (Groucho Marx is one of my heroes). I may add more such lines to my signature as time goes on.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
pangaea, i'm the same way i like to talk sometimes, and if i am giving somthing informative i almost never screw up and i can also start craking off prehistoric animal names but if i go to talk to someone regularly i mess up to. i find myself going "uh, um, oh, doh, never mind"

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 12 2009 on  11:31 AM
Hello and welcome to Gang of Five!

I, too, have Asperger's Syndrome, as well as an interest in prehistoric animals for most of my life. My fav prehistoric animals are dinosaurs. I don't have a lot of books on them myself; most of what I learn about them comes from online sources as well as programs I watch on TV.
I have Asperger's Syndrome too.But A bit more serious.I love prehistoric things.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hey Pangea. Welcome to the GOF.

I actually have PDD-NOS, which is like Aspergers Syndrome, but my case doesn't really fit the whole citrea(sp?) of Asperfers Syndrome. I think I might have some form of dyslexia too. I think, because I have a hard time pronouncing some words in English. :p And it's MY NATIVE language. :p

Hehe it's okay, I use ":P" often too. And for some time I was a perfectionist. I still have my perfectionist moments, they are just not as bad as they used to be.

I used to REALLY love dinosaurs when I was a kiddie, but not I just like them. :lol:

I REALLY am looking forward to your posts. I really am.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Paradise Bird:
I love prehistoric things.
Looks as if you like Spore, too. :lol Same here. I’ve made over 220 creatures on my computer, and still more on the laptop my family uses to play the game (only the Creature Creator works on my computer; not the game :cry). From the looks of it, though, you’re an even more prolific Spore builder than me. I looked at some of your creations, and they’re really good! Especially the buildings and vehicles (I’m not so creative with those myself).

Rat_lady7: No need to keep anticipating my posts; I’ve already made my first contribution to the “General Land Before Time” section. :DD Head on over there and check it out!

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm sorry that I'm late welcoming you!  Welcome to GOF!  Post often!

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter if your late or not your always Welcome.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
raga: No problem with the late welcome; I’m happy to get any welcome. :DD (I’m amazed at how many welcomes I’ve received already.) By the way, I love your avatar. :yes It's such a nice screenshot that I didn't recognize it as being from LBT XIII at first. (The LBT people really skimped on the animation for most of that movie. <_<)

NeoGenesis005: Thank you very much. (Sorry I don’t have much else to say :oops; just wanted to let you know that I have read your greeting and that I appreciate it.)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Gang of Five! :wave

If I remember correctly, you recently said that you routinely check the fanart and fanfiction section of this forum. Did you happen to read my fanfic yet? (I haven't added a new chapter since the end of February because I'm still busy editing the whole story, so don't be surprised if some details change. If you haven't read it yet, I recommend not reading it until I'm done editing, so as to avoid confusion)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Chronicler: I have seen your fanfic (*shrugs apologetically*), but I can just read the edited version from the beginning. ;) I often read the same fanfictions repeatedly anyway.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
(By the way, do you need to reach a certain post count before you can post images in the “Caption This!” section? I’ve been taking screenshots of all of the LBT movies I own on DVD, and have come across several that I think would make great captioning material.)

Nope.  Free for all.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Petrie: Thanks. :) The problem now is that I can't seem to upload any pictures. I opened a Photobucket account, and even then I would just get a question mark in a box in place of any picture I tried to link to. :bang Any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome. Sorry if I'm a little late ion posting this. There are secveral posaers on here with Aspergers or similar conditions. I should know, I'm one of them. My passion is history, which is why I'm ther resident history buff.  :)  If you like roleplaying with others, you can post in the Rand Role Play, or LBT Roleplay sections..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: