The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Awards 2009 - Voting open

Malte279 · 99 · 10902

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I beg everybody's pardon for skipping one of the plagiarizing introduction speeches which I have given in all the previous years for the starting of the award voting. I got to run to catch a bus (it has been a really long and hard day and it is not yet over), which is why I must, in a rather unceremoneus manner just copy paste some award votes which I typed yesterday and then run like mad to still catch that bus:

There has surely been no shortage of projects and GOF members who promoted them throughout the last year. Patrick (Nimrod) and Tim (action9000) both conducted instrumental song solos. So did Iris (Mumbling) who not only conducted several singing and instrumental solos but also took the lead of the GOF singing projects of “Family” and “On your own”. Austin (landbeforetimelover) has done a lot to make LBT stuff available and created a place to store all kinds of LBT related materials. Kor has done very much on behalf of the land before time audio play project which is currently but just temporarily postponed. Nevertheless I think that at this time another project is really especially deservant of this award because it is something very new, involves many members who work on it, and surpasses all the projects started so far in its sheer dimenstions. I’m referring to the land before time computer game project. Many of you have provided ideas for the project. Iris and Sky provided background art and I think Razzie in particular has done a lot to turn cubes into characters in the game. Tim however is the main programmer and the initiator of the project. Several others have been talking about starting such a project, but Tim actually did. Therefore my vote for the LBT Project Award goes to action9000.

Same as in the last years I just didn’t participate in any Role play games. Therefore I must skip my vote on the role play gamer award.

I’m really grateful for all feedback that I receive for fanart or other matters on the GOF and especially for responses which make suggestions on what to keep or what to improve thereby helping with the art to be done in the future. Chiletrek, Kor, and Iris have made such suggestions in several of their feedback posts. I especially appreciate it when members respond not only to fanart, but also to fanfiction (which obviously demands a lot more time to read). Timehopper and babidikrakenguard have been very helpful with their feedback and corrections of the parts of –The Cold Time“ which I have posted on the GOF so far. Only one person among many whom I have sent the parts of “Old Threehorns” which I have written so far has read it whole. I really really appreciate this very much, thank you Cancerain Tiger :)
With all this however there is one piece of feedback which I got throughout this year which had the most direct corrective and lasting effect on my fanart. I used to make a mistake with my coloring of Spike. In several images I colored the edge of Spike’s upper jaw orange rather than green (similar to the yellowish edge along Cera’s upper jaw) until Kacie (DarkHououmon) pointed out that mistake to me which I did not make anymore ever since. Therefore my vote for the helpful feedback award goes to DarkHououmon.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My votes:

Currently, I'm unsure about who I'd vote for for the Friendly Member, the Proactive, the Projects and the Helpful Member awards, as I couldn't decide among the options.

Role Player Gamer: The Great Valley Guardian, he already won the title last year, but he deserves it again. He's extremely eager to RP, and always comes up with good ideas that go good with the tone of the RP, and is fun to work with.

Philosopher: The Friendly Sharptooth. Read any post by him, and you can see how much thought he puts into every topic, even his signature shows how deep of a thinker he is.

Fanart: Dark Hououmon: She did a great job with the SV pictures I requested, and she's just nice to chat with on YIM too. She's really good with anything artistic, I've seen her other work on her Deviantart page too.

Feedback: The Great Valley Guardian, he always reviewed my work, and he gave me some ideas I greatly appreciated.

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So we vote here?

Friendly Member Award: brekclub85, he's a lot of fun at the Party Room section.

Helpful Member Award: Nick22, will help with anything.

Role Play Gamer Award: Can't vote here, I don't really role-play.

Philosopher Award: The Friendly Sharptooth, always has long, intriging posts.

Proactive Member Award: Rat_lady7, posts in a lot of topics, so you always see her opinion.

Fanart Award: DarkHououmon, a great artist.

Projects Award: DarkHououmon, is great at video collages.

Feedback Award: The Chronicler, enjoyed my Bionicle custom!

Hope I got all of your names right! Good luck!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for voting for me for one award, but I'm afraid those votes won't count unless you can explain why you're voting for those members, in particular (it's one of the most important rules for voting :o ). I think maybe one or two sentences will be enough for each vote (I'd actually like to know why you're voting for me for the feedback award).

I'll vote later. I need some time to think. Also, could someone remind me which awards we are voting?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks! I have a knack of not reading complete rules.  :!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay well I think I've got a few this time :) .

I won't vote in the role play section since I've only been active there for a short time.

Helpful Member Award... I'd like to point out DarkHououmon for this since she helped me so many times with my computer and virusscanners. Thank you :)

Fanart Award... There have been so many great artists this year! I will have to go with Neogenesis for the lovely characters he came up with. The only thing I'd love to see from you is something with colours. But honestly, I love your work.

Friendly Member Award... I'd like to vote for Littlefoot1616 here. You've been a great friend even when I was being silly as I can be :p Supported me in times I needed and helped me when I needed it. You definitely deserve this award.

The Philosopher Award... I'm going for Malte with this for his good questions when it comes to certain subjects of LBT. Also he often tries to make me realize whether I'm doing something correct in my life by asking the right questions :DD

The Proactive Member Award... landbeforetimelover has done a lot for this forum including giving it a nice new banner and member levels pictures. He also made it possible for people to get their own fanart on his site and even make a picture database of lbt. He gets my vote.

The Projects Award... Action9000. As everyone has already mentioned your work on the game is great, even when it's put to a stop so now and then.

The Feedback Award... My vote here goes to Malte with his constructive critism on my and other people's fanart. It definitely helps and leaves space for improvement.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks Mumbling for the Fan Art Vote.  I know I need to color my art I'm just missing out on some coloring materials.

When I'm ready I'll place my votes.  Infact what are the main areas to vote on?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here are the definitions of what each award is about and here are the exact voting rules rules. Note that particular stress is laid on the rule of some explaining sentences on why you feel somebody should be given a particular award. We also strongly encourage everyone to take the chance to give credit to other members as well even if they are not the ones to receive your ultimate vote.
Note that the voting on the awards (excepting the "Appreciated Member Award" the voting on which can only start after the closing of the other votes) will run for 14 days so you have time until May 24th to cast your votes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To make a good decision with regard to fanart one needs to leave far back in the fanart section, after all there had been no more voting since March 2008 and none of the art published in the GOF since has so far been credited with an award. We have so many artists that naming every one of them would probably go beyond the scope of this vote. Therefore I apologize to everyone not mentioned here. Sky continued to post his really beautiful pictures throughout the last year including most of the really pretty series based on the TV episodes. Kacie (DarkHououmon) is another one of our members who has frequently posted fanart and fanart of great beauty at that. I’ve also been especially taken with the style of DarkWolf91’s and I’m looking forward to hopefully see more of it during the next year. With regard to quality, development and frequency I’m particularly fond of the art of Gustav (Lillefot). He did really excellent jobs with regard to shadowing and facial expressions in particular. Some of his pictures are really very powerful for the strong emotion in them. I really hope to see more of your art Gustav, perhaps with a little more variation of different species and a bit more elaborate backgrounds. My vote for the Fanart Award goes to Lillefot.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Let's see what the big cheese thinks....

Friendliest Member:  I've voted for him every year since this award thing started because this person brings the most neutral, honest, and non-judgmental stance to any political topic on the GOF, yet is never rude, condescending, or blunt with his remarks.  To me, that shows you have the ability to be courteous and civil with others.  Therefore, Jason (Littlefoot1616) gets my vote.

Helpful Member: This person has been especially helpful to other members on the forum when they run into computer trouble.  He's often correct, keeping things to the nitty gritty.  Everyone always thanks him for the assistance.  Austin (landbeforetimelover) has my vote in this category.

Role Play Gamer: This one is tough because I do not role play and I very rarely step foot into that section of the GOF.  I simply don't have time to immense myself in role plays like I used to years before.  However, most remember I sought a second role play mod for the sections when it was apparent Brian had too much going on to be able to run the section alone.  I had to read role plays and see who could role play and be respected in threads.  Lillefot was chosen as the mod in the end, and I would give him the role player award in a heartbeat.

LBT Philosopher: Usually there was no contest for this award on my part.  I always knew who could ramble on for pages about LBT topics when the main point was in sentence three.  However, a new sheriff came into town last year (I think) and his posts on LBT matter are as insightful as my co-worker's here on the board.  The Friendly Sharptooth is definitely an LBT philosopher in my book.

Proactive Member:  This one is tough.  I remember the first year, having won this award unanimously.  In the times that followed, others have certainly been very proactive in helping the GOF grow actively.  From an owner's point of view, I try to look at those that have come to me with suggestions for the board, even if the answer I give is "not now" or a simple "no".  They still are thinking, and have the GOF's interests at heart.  One who has been adament in offering suggestions to help out has been Explorer.

Fanart: Sorry to say, I have been such a slacker on the fanart section of this board, I will not put in a vote for this section.  I can think of in the past who has done good artwork, but that's not fair to those who have posted recently.

Projects Award: This person is doing something unique that involves GOF members in a new way.  The creation of a LBT game that can be used on the computer--certainly no small task for an amateur programmer and all the bits and bytes that need to be compiled to create a finished product.  As project leader, he has a lot of work on his hands coordinating who helps out, what has to be done, and how to fit member contributions into the final product.  Tim (action9000) you have earned this award a thousand times over.

Feedback award: Like the fanart award, I have neglected to visit sections where I can see this taking place daily to know who often helps out with constructive feedback.  I cannot accurately judge who has given good feedback over the year.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I would have to say the most proactive member here is rat-lady, because it seems everywhere i click she is there

best phylossifer ( i know my spelling is awfull ) would have to be the Friendly sharptooth, because you can tell he puts alot of thought into his responses

most helpful member is nick, it seems as if he will do anything to help someone out

and if we had a worst speller award i think it would be me, i'm 17 and i can't spell at all, i'm pathetic, Thank god for spell check on word. :lol

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Friendly Member Award: GVG He's a friendly guy and is a friendly guy in the RP forum.

Helpful Member Award: Nick 22 he is a very helpful member who gives a lot of help to members.

Role Play Gamer Award: Series, He always has good RP ideas and RP's

Fanart Award: Dark Hououmon She always has some good drawings he latest one is very good.

Feedback Award: Nick 22 he always has good feedback when he posts in a topic.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
To start off, a lot of people have been very friendly here at GOF. However, there was one person in particular who truly made an impact for me. He and I have become like best friends and we talk with each other about so many things, both on and off of GOF. I'm so happy that I "know" him. I choose Lillefot for the Friendly Member Award

So many people have been helpful, but there is one in particular who really helped me out this year, despite only helping me with one thing. When I wanted ot make a singing project, I had no idea how to sync the sounds, get rid of unwanted audio, or anything of the editing sort for that matter. However, this person happily offered to help me out, and I am so grateful she did so. Mumbling, I nominate you for the Helpful Member Award.

The Role-Playing Award is very hard for me. I really want to nominate myself, as I believe I have definitely shown skill and fun rping in the past. Unfortunately, it would be so unfair to this person because he has improved so much in his rp skills that I am going to skip nominating myself and choose him instead. I remember when he wanted to make a certain rp, he was stuck on certain things. So the two of us worked things out, and despite the rp not living long, he definitely had great ideas and a strong sense of respect in the RP thread. I nominate Lillefot for the Role-Playing Award.

I have never been much of a philosopher, and I didn't expect to be much of one considering the great philosophers we have here, but I gotta say this person really impressed me. He was kind of new to the GOF and yet his posts had true meaning and thought put into them. I happily await to see what other wonderful discoveries/theories this person will come up with, and that's why The Friendly Sharptooth gets my vote fot the Philosopher Award

Well fanart has always been so interesting for me, but sometimes I run into fanart that I don't really quite enjoy. Thank god that's not the case in GOF! All of the artwork done here is so well done it is mind boggling! The one drawing that really stood out to me out of all the others was the drawing of Ruby dressed up as Link (or if it was just a random character). It just looked so perfect! The artist truly had skill with this, so I choose Lillefot for the Fanart Award.

This is the other award I really have trouble with, the Project Award. I really really really really REALLY want to vote for myself here, considering I have made quite a few music videos (despite the majority of them being taken down from youtube and lost forever) as well as a couple singing projects. However, I cannot deny how difficult the MMORPG project is. As much as I really want to nominate myself, once again I cannot as it would not be fair to this person. I don't think anybody has ever come up with the idea of making a MMORPG game for LBT, so to even begin to think about it is pretty noteworthy. Action9000, you get my vote for Projects Award.

The Feedback Award vote for me goes to someone who I did not expect for it to go to. This person has given me the most feedback for my Revenge fanfictions, and I don't think I would have continued the stories without his constant support and feedback. Dark Pterano, thank you for everything and I nominate you for the Feedback Award.

As for the Proactive Award, at this time I cannot vote for it because I need to really really think carefully about it. Sorry guys :blink:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Well thank you, F-22.

-------------------------------------------
Well, here are my nominations:

Friendly Member Award: Kor is my choice. I have never seen him get angry or even mildly irritated at someone. He is also very welcoming to new members.

Helpful Member Award: I nominate landbeforetimelover, the GOF's computer savant. Though I have never needed to request his help, by reading through his posts (and occasionally following his advice), I can see where his technical knowledge helps others in time of need.

Role Play Gamer Award: This is perhaps the most difficult choice as I have encountered some amazing role players; key among them are: LettuceBacon&Tomato, GVG, Starfall, F-22, Threehorn, Kor and Explorer. But I'd have to say Nick is my choice. His Insane Cafe trilogy is perhaps one of the most successful and longest running RP's on this forum. He also shows dedication to multiple RPs.

Philosopher Award: The Friendly Sharptooth has my vote. Though his posts are extremely long; they are rich with information and thoughts.  

Fanart Award: I'd have to say Mumbling. Her "Ducky Skywalker" picture was perhaps one of the best and most unique LBT pictures I have ever seen. Her other art shows a near infinite level of creativity and refinement.

Projects Award: Action is my choice. His LBT MMORPG is perhaps one of the most ambitious projects I have ever seen. His devotion to this project is also commendable. He also deserves praise for smoothly coordinating multiple members, each of whom specialize in certain areas, to achieve this goal.

Feedback Award: I'd have to say Malte. I have seen him provide valuable feedback on almost every fanart/fanfiction thread. Even though he did not agree with my idea for an LBT fan fic he was very respectful about disagreeing with my idea.

Proactive Member Award: ________________________ (I'll think about this later.)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Friendly member- while just about everyone on here is friendly, I have to pick Someone for it.. and I will go with KOR. Kor is always willing to suggest ideas in his responses..
Helpful member- I usually vote for Malte on this award,,, But not this year.I'm going with Landbeforetimelover.. if you hgavce a computer problem.,. he's the go-to guy
RP Gamer Award. I have had some very gifted Rpers. Serris, Drake and Kor , just to name 3. This is not an easy choice, but I'm going to go with DRAKe on this one, he has shown that he is very good at roleplaying and can add a great deal to a roleplay.
Philsopher Award _ The Friendly Sharptooth gets my vote for this award..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Thank you for those that voted for me. :)

Hmm my voting...

Friendly Member Award: Do I HAVE to make a choice here? Fine...I will...now..if I had to choose out of all of these VERY friendly members...I would have to choose....Kor. He's always greeting the new members and he posts in topics even that other members usually would not post in. So I honestly believe he deserves this award.

Helpful Member Award: Darkhououmon, she tries to help others in suggesting others to have better manners on the forum and suggests on some drawing techinques. So that's why I vote for her.

Role Play Gamer Award: Oh boy, now I am not a fan of RPG's at all. I just don't really have time for them and I tried like once or twice in other places. So I won't vote here.

Philosopher Award: raga, I think, he(or she, sorry I don't know if you are guy or girl) made some topics that started a few pretty interesting discussions.

Fanart Award: DarkWolf91 definitely. I love her Shorty drawings and her style. It's very well done. :)

Projects Award: I need to think about this.

Feedback Award:Vote pending...

Proactive Member Award: Oh boy...this is a tricky one for me, since the GOF is ALWAYS active. :p Heh, I could vote for myself, since that seems to be the most popular vote here, but I don't really want to vote for myself. :lol: So I say the most proactive user really is Noname. Whenever I am on, or even if I am not on, he's usually here. I think mostly because he's in the RPG section this year, but yeah, I see him the most out of everyone here definitely.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thanks so much for the vote and the shout-out, guys! I'm glad you enjoy my art. I look forward to posting more in the future :smile

Friendly Member Award: This one is tricky, since everyone here is so ridiculously nice... But I've thought about it a lot, and I would have to give my vote to Mumbling. Everywhere I've seen her post, Iris just always has something nice to say. She proverbially brightens up the room :)

Role Play Gamer Award: Ah, there are so many talented roleplayers on this board. But one stands out in my experience as having been a part of every roleplay that I have, as well as many many more. And GVG gives equal care and attention to each one. A close run, but well deserved!

Fanart Award: Again, a really tough one. I have decided on DarkHounomon, though it was another close run. I enjoy the way she draws, and the sheer rate at which she completes new pieces is quite impressive. Also, she posted the method that she used for her Sharptooth Valley fanart, and it displays a level of research that I definitely respect. Finally, I believe she has shown a very receptive attitude towards critique. Though I'm happy to say that I haven't seen the opposite from any of the wonderful artists here :)
One of the first things I did when I rediscovered this forum was peruse the fanart section :lol Lillefot and NeoGenesis were very close runner-ups!

Projects Award: Action9000, for the much renowned LBT game project! I have a couple of friends who are programmers, and I know that it's no mean feat! Every time he quotes the number of lines of code he's up to, my eyebrows raise in quiet awe :lol
In addition, the project is organized very well, and he replies to every bit of feedback quite thoroughly. Great job! Definitely a project I'm excited to be pitching in for.

Phew! That's all for now. I'll finish up tomorrow :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Like many others, I find there are so many friendly members here that it's difficult to make a decision.  I know I'm definitely out of the question, and there's one member here who surely blows me out of the water.

*Friendliest Member: Mumbling.  I don't think I've ever seen this member get ugly in any post.  She's definitely pleasant to be around :yes.

*Helpful Member: Landbeforetimelover.  He is never hesitant to assist with any problems regarding the forum.  He also assists members with their computer problems.

*Role Play Gamer: Pass, for I have no involvement with the RP section.

*Philosopher: The Friendly Sharptooth.  He puts so much depth and thought into his posts.  He's also an awesome writer :yes.

*Fanart: DarkHououmon.  Her drawings are very detailed and well done.  She's also open to fanart suggestions from fellow members.

*Projects: Action9000.  Much admiration for his imagination and ability to create videogames.  He also has done singing projects that are great.

*Feedback: Malte.  He's never hesitant to add his two-cents to a topic.  He gives very constructive advice when he provides feedback, especially regarding fanart or fanfiction.

*Proactive: Rat_Lady7.  She has started many topics and is a very active member.  She helps keep the Party Room busy, for sure ;)!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If anyone would like to keep tally, please do so.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile