The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you thinking about?

Amaranthine · 1118 · 83145

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Congrats LCP! :)

I'm thinking about my past social experiences, recalling my social blunders and the people I have met.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thinking about how ironic words are - we can say one thing, and yet be blasted or misjudged for a misunderstanding.
Take into account a teacher who read a book title Nappy Hair to her class; the parents were outraged, thinking it was a rcial slur aagainst blacks. The PTA had the teacher fired through no fault of her own. After all that, the directors finally read the book, and realized their mistake, but the teacher wisely refused to return to her position.
People rock, no? :p
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am thinking about eating some ice cream. Specifically, I'm thinking about eating Blue Bell Cookies n' Cream.  :D

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
If I ever get cancer and have it treated, I want an immortal cell line to be named after me so I contribute to science even after death.

And of course, I want my relatives, descendents and myself to get royalties from said cell line.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At about 6:30 this evening, I was thinking this: HOLY CRAP! :wow

Here's what happened: I was the only one at the house at the time. I was watching something on TV and decided to grab a quick drink during a commercial break. On my way to the kitchen, I heard sirens, and they were really close by. I looked out the window towards the front of the house, thinking, None of those houses are on fire. This house certainly isn't on fire. I then notice the sirens are going further down the street, towards the other side of the house, so I walk to the other side of the house to look out the window towards the back of the house. Just as I entered the dinning room and glanced out the window, what I saw was enough to make me say aloud, "Holy crap!" at least three times.

I saw a huge column of thick black smoke from somewhere not too far away. (I couldn't see what exactly was on fire, some trees blocked my view. My best guess would be a barn, since it's a rural area in that direction from my house.) The column of smoke was almost as wide as my outstretched hand, and was so high that, even with my face against the window, I couldn't see the top of it. I counted at least four fire trucks pass by, and it was at least 20 minutes before the column of smoke started to clear, indicating that the fire was being put out.

Even more incredible, my brother was about 30 miles to the north and the rest of my family was the same distance to the south, and both of them could see the smoke as they were driving back home, so that was quite the fire that happened nearby.

I honest can't get that image of such a huge column of thick black spoke out of my mind. And when I picture it in my mind, I still can't help but think: Holy crap! :!

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
oh, that must have been kinda scary...
We once had a fire only 50m far from my school, we called the fire fighters and watched them the whole afternoon lesson (from 2PM to 3:30PM, politics). My teacher called it fire education then  :nyah
However the reason for the fire was some hot ash. The wind blew it to the roof, which started to burn.

Some years ago my grandparents, who live one floor below had a fire in their kitchen. Nothing bad happened fortunatily since my grandpa put the fire out with some water. They just had to buy a new kitchen.

That would be my experiences with fires so far :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
This is the first time I've ever logged into the GOF from an airport. :P: I love my new laptop…

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Someday either switching departments in my store or getting a new job all together. It's time for me to leave my current department that I'm working in right now.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how I wish it was late October, and how ready I am for this class. I'm so ready to start the next step of my life, and waiting right now seems endless. Five more months... I just have to make it through five more months... then I'll get my cert, and hopefully be leading tours. :DD

Oh... and hah! Lookit that. Tomorrow's my FSOT date... wow. XD I'm rather surprised that I'm just not as worried this year about it as I was the previous years, namely because hiring is so abysmal right now in the State Department and I won't hold my breath, AND because I'm too busy lining up a career as a tour director to worry about something I only have a .2% chance of getting anyway. :lol

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
My horrible day of work tomorrow Hope it goes well but doubt it. Man my life Blanking sucks.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Getting out more and getting my life back on track

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Four years. I've really been posting on the GOF for four years (as of today). :blink:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm shocked I've been here for two years. And you guys manged to deal with me for that long. I'm very impressed.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Chiricahua desert after a cloudburst smells like honey! :! Who knew? :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
A nice relaxing day off tomorrow. I'm not gonna do a darn thing.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My RP responses and how to have them make sense and not look like I am just posting to make it in activity. :bang Also the meetings with the career counselor and what I need to do.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Why I seem to sabotage my personal success. It's not too big on the grand scale of conflicts I don't think, but it's so easy for me to just fill my life with crap and use it as an excuse to not move forward and complain abou how I can't do something.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile