The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2439 · 176575

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I HATE using the term "retard" as an insult.

2 reasons:

1.) One of my elementary school friends had Downs Syndrome.
2.) My Junior year Honors physics teacher called me a "retard" (and insinuated I have a learning disability - Learning disabled DOES NOT equal retarded!)... in front of the entire class. The entire class completely REAMED him and I transferred out. He is the reason I hate physics.

I like Granny Smith apples.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know that now, of course, but i found that it was an effective mechanism for warding off taunts..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't wait for school to start again because one of my friends from CTY got transferred into my school.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm very sensitive to cold weather and know for a fact I couldn't work outside full-time because I couldn't handle it.

Sucks, considering I live in Canada. :p :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was a HUGE fan of the original TMNT as a little kid.  I used to have pretty much all the figurines, and I'm not sure where they've gone since :unsure:.  I never really bothered to ask :p.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I've had seizures when I was a kidde, which I think was the reason for my LDs.  <_<

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've had to make dietary changes recently.  For some odd reason, during the past couple of months, I began to feel lethargic (weakness, never felt like I slept), became cranky and had terrible spells of depression, started becoming forgetful in my short-term memory recall, and became more sensitive to cold.  Well, I finally decided I had about as much as I could take and did some research.  It turns out two things were wrong:

*Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
*Eating the wrong foods for my blood type

So...to make a long story short, I've had to make changes in order to prevent future complications from developing.  My new diet consists of:

*No meats (seafood is okay)
*No dairy products (I use soy products now)
*80% of my diet consists of fruits and vegetables
*20% consists of starches and protein (nuts, beans)
*On top of taking my multivitamin once daily, one omega-3 fish oil supplement twice a day, and one Caltrate (calcium plus vitamin D) twice daily, I now hae to take one vitamin B12 supplement once daily to support my adrenal gland.

I know it sounds weird, but it's what I've been needing for a while now.  I have a lot of energy again, am truly sharp as a tack again, and my moods are pretty stable now (I don't feel like I'm constantly PMSing :p).  I actually adjusted immediately to my new diet.  I've even noticed some loss in weight already (it's been only three days).  As it turns out, my body has a terrible time trying to digest meats and dairy products, which consequently put extra weight on me and made it nearly impossible to lose weight.  Well, I feel much healthier now and positive this will work out very well.

P.S. Veggie burgers and soy "chicken" patties are really good :yes!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh hey, that's great news! :)

I didn't know that one's 'best' diet depended on their blood type.  That's pretty cool!
I should look into this myself, someday.  Thanks for posting! :)

On the topic of eating, I had this disorder until I was 15 or so:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_eating_disorder

It's the strangest thing.  It's not that I wouldn't eat something; it was that I *couldn't* eat it.  If it was forced upon me, I'd just burst out crying. If someone had a gun to my head, I still couldn't have eaten it.  Seriously weird, I'm really glad it's more or less gone now! :D

All the facts in that article are basically true for me: limited to specific brands or smells or textures of food.  Looking back now, I can't explain it but upon reading this article, it's exactly how it felt.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I once had a phobia of balloons (don't ask).

I HATE math.

I find humor in random things (I.E. I once started cracking up at someone's title)

I have severely cut myself only 3 times in my entire life...and apparently didn't feel much and only noticed (1 with a paring knife while peeling pears, 2 twice by stepping on an oyster shell <It's like stepping on a razor blade>). Luckily I didn't need stitches.

I've never been to the American Midwest.

I REALLY like LED lighting.

I once accidentally smashed a rather heavy door in my school (in 8th grade).

I hated 8th grade.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i also hate math with a passion

i've bitten through my bottom lip with my canine and front teeth because i slipped on spilt lemonade ( actually i imagine it looked like a looney tunes fall ) i never felt any pain though when i did, and rat-lady might hate me for this, but i have extreamly long canine teeth, i somewhat look like a vampire if i pull my lips back, and kids at school have told me the same thing

i've broken my left arm twice in a row, so every once in a while i will get sharp pains in it

i dont cry when i'm in pain, but i do when i get really pissed and i cant figure out why

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I prefer veggie burgers to real burgers.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I prefer real burgers to veggie burgers.

I think a majority of my high school classmates are really dumb and immature.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I think that many if not most of my high school classmates were immature... although there are different kinds of immaturity...

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: brekclub85,Jul 11 2009 on  06:40 PM
I prefer real burgers to veggie burgers.

I think a majority of my high school classmates are really dumb and immature.
i think some of mine are also

i also hate spiders with a passion, but i love snakes and reptiles

i also love a good steak with a little bit of blood in it

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have eaten blood as a food and I liked it. Granted it was cooked.

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
of course serris :lol

i find that the blood gives it a little more taste, the way my dad cooks steaks though is like chewing on charcoal

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If you think YOUR classmates are dumb, man you haven't been to Sumter County.

Little snippet about myself, then. I have no little phobias like people have (I ain't afraid of anything).

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My current classmates in Fordham are a lot brighter than the ones in high school...