The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's excellent news to hear. Looking forward tl watching it again,

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wonder if you've heard, but there's a new Equestria Girls Movie coming October 1st and it'll happen only on Netflix!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCEJv11mF1M

Seems interesting.

In the meantime, see ya on Saturday for when the hiatus FINALLY ends! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I've known of the new movie. And let's hope the rest of the season doesn't suck since the first quarter was lacking and for the most part terrible.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm very much looking forward to the GalaCon, the larges brony convention in Germany, which is going to be this weekend. It will in fact be the first convention of any sort for me. Nevertheless I'll end up on the stage since I successfully applied to participate in a "movie fights style" discussion panel called "pony fights" in which two other bronies and I got to "battle" over four MLP related questions. Since it is all in English chances are that you may be able to watch it on youtube later on if you are interested ;)

I'm also very much looking forward to meet Rocking Scorpion in persona at the GalaCon. Does anyone else from the GOF happen to be there?

I got to admit I am relatively inactive in the MLP thread here on the GOF, which is partly due to me trying to avoid any spoilers whatsoever. For the same reason I am visiting Equestria Daily only on very rare ocassions.
Recently however some of my MLP related stuff has been published there :D
Lately I have been doing quite a bit of MLP art and posted it on my Deviantart account. Maybe some of you are interested in taking a look there.
It's mostly MLP Origamis, but also soapstone carvings, tin casting, some computer drawn images and an aquarelle (the later mostly showing scenes from my fanfiction Lessons in quirks).

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't mind since I'm the one that usually spoils the episodes sometimes. But let's hope this Saturday's episode doesn't suck.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Hello Internet!! :)littlefoot

At long last, the hiatus is over and we are back to watching more pony!  For today's episode, we have a guest character returning, and a lesson that I hope we can all learn as fans.  Get the summary below!

Summary: Rainbow Dash goes to a Daring Do Convention where she meets someone who stopped loving Daring Do as much as she does.  However, the two get wrapped up in an adventure that has them work together with Daring Do herself!

Live Stream Link below, but those in the US that have Netflix, it's been leaked!  I'll be watching that in about an hour.

Season 6 Episode 13 - Stranger Than Fan Fiction

I'll see ya later for the online links and tomorrow for my review!

See ya later! ^^spike

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Like I said I'm gonna give my thoughts on the new episode. And if it sucks than it sucks. The writing team is loosing interest and ideas for this show.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I just saw the new episode and like I said the show is very lacking as of late. Each episode is more painful to watch now than they use to be. So this new episode is about RainbowDash going to a daring do convention where she meets the ponyfied version of Remy the rat from ratatouille. And they get into a huge nerd argument over how they each like the differences of daring do. So I thought the episode was eh to okay. The new character was I thought annoying and a pain to sit through. But the lesson of the episode was pretty decent and okay. I did like the fact they worked out there differences in the end. So overall I'll give it a 6/10 this week. So it was a pretty good episode this week.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

EqD was slow in giving the episode today.  Had to dig out this link myself.  Here's YouTube's.  Don't have time for Dailymotion's sadly.

Season 6 Episode 13 - Stranger Than Fan Fiction YouTube Version

Enjoy and I'll see ya tomorrow for my review! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
That was certainly an interesting episode, and definitely one for fans of anything to consider watching.

That new character Quibble Pants is a huge fan of the first few books, but despises the later ones so much that he refuses to acknowledge they even exist. In other words, he's like one of those Star Wars fans that hates the prequels, or one of those Star Trek fans that hates everything that came after the original series. I'm sure we're all familiar with those types of fans. (I bet even this show itself has quite a few of them as well.)

And then when he and Rainbow Dash get kidnapped, his snarky attitude led to quite a number funny moments. But by far my favorite part was this direct Indiana Jones reference:

"Are you crazy?! Don't go over him!"
"Go over him?! Are you crazy?!"
then after they go over the monster and escape
"You said go over him!"
"I said don't go over him!"

I'm honestly not sure what to expect for the rest of the season, but it's nice to see that I can still get some good entertainment out of these new episodes.

EDIT: Two things I forgot to mention. First, quite a shame that Twilight couldn't go to the convention due to her job requirements, which I'm sure a number of people can relate to this. Second, even though Quibble Pants now knows that Daring Do is real, he does not know that she and A. K. Yearling are actually the same pony (unlike Rainbow Dash and friends), so that probably might make him wonder how the hero and the author know each other and probably never realize the full truth.

(end spoilers)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Spoiler free!

Man, I really loved this episode. Most fandoms are plagued by people who violently peddle their opinions as fact, and I think this captured that rather well, though of course hugely toned down. If it were more realistic, it certainly wouldn't be appropriate for children :smile

And to commemorate Patton Oswalt's guest appearance, I'll end with a fitting quote from Ratatouille:

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

It's important to remember to spend life creating, rather than destroying :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I only destroy when something isn't good like this show. It use to be good but it's lacking In the entertainment department. But they're entertaining just enough to keep me watching.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

The latest episode had a powerful lesson.  One that all fandoms can learn and yet it's also one that they don't want to learn.  That being respecting one's opinions and that you can like the same thing for vastly different reasons.  It's a lesson that took a lot of courage to give and a lot of skill to do it right.  Often we forget that opinions on media are as vast as opinions on food.  Everyone likes what they like and we should respect that, even if the reasons are different.

I predict that there will be those who learn this lesson from watching this episode and become better people, but we will also have those who saw this episode, ignore the lesson and prove to be the biggest jerks ever!  Time will only tell who is who.

Next week, we have the CMCs in a race-car derby and a certain trio taking over.

See ya later! :wave

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jul 30 2016 on  08:51 PM
I don't see anything fix the video
I was not posting a video. I simply colored all of the text black because that's the only way to hide spoilers on this site (highlight the text to read it). The reason I do that is because, unlike certain others, I'm respectful enough to actually hide spoilers that other members don't want to see.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay thanks for explaining that. I didn't know. And that's a good way to do it.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile