The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Going In For Toe Surgery Friday

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, you read the title right.  I'll be going in for the last of my Toe Surgery this Friday.

Now, the first part of the surgery was to get out the Ingrown Toenail that I had.  This upcoming part of it is to ensure it NEVER happens again with that toe.

The thing about the latter part of it though, is that it's more complex and it'll take about 30 minutes, where the first part only took like 5. (But the doctor made me wait like 2 hours just to get the dang toe numb.)

Due to the amount of blood loss I'll suffer from, I'll be in bed for 3 days.  So I may not be back on until Monday.  During the time I'm resting, I'll most likely be playing video games, watching movies or just sleeping/eating.

I might be able to visit if I'm privileged to use my parents laptop. (My brother practically hogs mine.) Other than that, don't expect me to get on, okay?

Giving you guys the heads up so you'll understand me not being on.

See ya later! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thoughts a prayers go out to you poke. surgery is a nasty business.. hopefully you are a fast healer..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Woah!  That amount of blood loss from a toe surgery :blink:?!  Unless you're a bleeder like myself (not a hemophiliac, I just bleed excessively and quickly), I'm not sure how that happens.  Oh, well.  I was just curious.  Best of luck on your surgery, and hopefully as Nick22 said, you're a fast healer :yes.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck.  I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
All the best to you and a quick recovery in particular John. Did you get my mail?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
All the best to you matey! Wishing you well on the day and on your recovery ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 7 2010 on  04:08 AM
All the best to you and a quick recovery in particular John. Did you get my mail?
I did, though I don't know why the Thank You e-mail I sent you never reached ya. :(

In this case, I'll send you a PM on it instead. :)

Also, thanks for the well wishes, everyone.  Means a lot to me. :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, this is it.  I'm only less than 2 hours away from my surgery. (Wanted to do it in the morning so it could be done and over with.)

It won't be much longer until I won't be on the computer for a few days.  I'll be resting the whole time and it'll be downright dreadfully boring! :P:

Still, wish me luck, everyone. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe a good time to watch some movies or tv episodes you have not in a while, including your favorite lbt movies, if you have any handy.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Good luck.  Wishing you well and hoping for a fast and good recovery.:)

I echo what Kor said.  Now is the time to watch as many movies and Television shows as possible.;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Guys!  I'm on my parents laptop, so I'll be able to give this message.

Anyways, I got my surgery done with.  I currently have pain meds going through my body, so I'm not feeling any pain at the moment. (But I bet it would be hurting if I hadn't taken any.)

Now, the truth is that the reason I need to be in bed is not due to blood loss, but for two completely different reasons.

First reason is that I can't walk on it much so it can heal.

Second, I need to lay in a position so my foot up in the air above my heart.  This will ensure it heals faster.

So far, I've done nothing but play my game, Brutal Legend.  Man, it is great!  I only stopped because I got a nice headache. (Usually happens when I play a game for too long.)

Anyways, I'm not sure how long I'll be on-line for now, but I'll make sure to enjoy it all the same. :)

Well, I'll see ya later! :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, all of the resting up I had to do is officially over. :)

Believe me, being laid up is no fun, even if you TRY to have fun during it. -_-

All I did was play video games, watch TV, eat and sleep.  Strangely, as much of a gamer as I am, I find spending time on the net more entertaining than any of that stuff.

I actually got the chance to defeat Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  Man, that battle was EPIC! (Not going to say much more because I don't want to spoil it. :))

I really enjoyed playing Brutal Legend.  I can't believe the surprising storyline behind it.  It has such a shocking revelation in it.  I could not believe it at all. :o

There wasn't much else I did besides eating, sleeping and watching TV.  I did get to watch part of the "Women of Ninja Warrior Marathon".  The latest episode was on Saturday.  I found it quite entertaining. :)

Not much else to say except, I'm glad to be back. :)

Well, I got some stuff to catch up on.

See ya later! :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Glad to have you back and that things went well.  :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back! Glad you had some good rest and all is good now.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wanted to comment in this topic earlier, but I kept forgetting.

Nice to see you back. I can sympathize with you. I had to go through mostly the same things you went through, except for the most recent part you just went through. A few years ago, I had ingrown toenails on the big toe of both my feet. The one on the right foot was so bad that the doctor had to completely remove the whole toenail. It eventually grew back, but so slowly that I've had to trim it only once since then (which was about two or three weeks ago).

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Glad your back and I'm happy to hear everything went well

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Glad to hear you are well rested matey! Sounds like you kept yourself entertained by any stretch ;) Good to have you back with us :D

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 And welcome back, I am happy that the surgery went well, so I hope you'll get to catch up in the things you like soon.