The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Fanfiction reading

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wasn't sure where I could post this really, so I threw it in the fridge. You can shoot me if you want :lol .

I'm mostly just writing this to see where I stand in my (foolish?) pledge to read and review every single Fanfiction entered into the first ever GoF Fanfiction Awards. I originally made that pledge, because I loved the idea of these awards so much, and I wanted to contribute as much as I could to ensure that this new section of awards goes well, so it can be continued for the years to come. Anyway, With three weeks left to still do this, here's an analysis of where I stand in that pledge.

I've copied all the entered fictions onto my computer, so I can see just how long or short these stories are, by seeing their length in KB of plain text. Here is what I have so far.

4157KB (4.05MB) of text in total right now is entered into the awards. Of course, that is bound to change, as more fictions are bound to be entered in the two weeks that Mumbling is away, but I need SOMEWHERE to work from!

341KB of that is my work/partially my work, so it doesn't count.

that leaves me with  3816KB.

665KB of that is stuff I've already read AND reviewed

272KB of that is stuff I've read fully, but haven't reviewed yet, either because I haven't gotten around to reviewing it, or the fiction is incomplete, and I'm still waiting for possibly more chapters before writing a review.

379KB is what of the three stories in my sig I have read so far.

That adds up to 1316KB out of 3816KB (34%) read, leaving me 2500KB left to read. Two HUGE chunks of that is Far Away Home and BOSC 2.

So, there you have it. I'll still TRY to stand by that pledge I made about a month or so back. Wish me luck, folks.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can understand how hard it's been to hold that pledge of yours. That's why I made mine more realistic: at least one fanfic for each author. Surprisingly, I was able to remember the majority of "Battle of the Sacred Essences 2" without having to read through it again, which is why I was so quick to finish my review for that story. The next one I'm going for is "Far Away Home", but I'll need to skim through it before I can vote, even though I know I've read every chapter at least once before.

Thanks to your updates in your signature, I've noticed that you're now more than halfway finished reading my fanfic, so good work. :yes  As for when I'll vote on your fanfic, I've already determined which order I'll get to each author. When I get to you, I'll vote on Past-o-rama, just so you know what to expect.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Take your time vonboy. There are a lot of talented fanfic authors on this forum and rushing to get through them all will only sap the fun out of reading them which would only do you and the author a dis-service. I'm sure I speak for the other authors in expressing gratitude for your commitment to reading our fanfics but keep it realistic. Some fanfics are bigger than other and there is a lot to digest besides the plot. So don't burn yourself out mate! Take your time, we're a patient lot I assure you ;) And thanks again for your efforts

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I see now I'll NEVER make that promise in time now. At least I tried :) I admit it was a stupid promise to begin with, but it sounded like fun at the time. (Hmm, so did trying to catch that redback...) Last weekend, I got NOTHING done really. My mind was so preoccupied with this whole debate thing, that I didn't get any writing/reading/reviewing done this weekend. I kinda feel bad for that :(

Anyway, I still at least plan to review Always the Same Son, Mystery of the Blackweeds, and Total Drama Valley Season 1. After that, maybe some one shots I haven't read yet. I don't have time anymore for any of the more beefy stories.

And sorry LBTFan13. I just...really don't want to read your fanfic. It's not that it's bad or anything, it's just that it's not something I'm interested in anymore. I haven't touched it in a month. I see now what kind of story it is, and it was well written so far. I just get really teary-eyed reading about character deaths, pretty much no matter how miner of character they are. I...just can't deal with that story, since the series looks to be more of a slaughterhouse as far as characters deaths are concerned. Sorry again LBTFan13 :(

EDIT: Also, after this awards thing is over with, there's some stories here that I personally DO want to read someday. Sharptooth Valley, Far Away Home and BOSE (Both of them) just to name a few. And if I do ever get around to reading those, I'll be sure to leave my thoughts on what I thought of them in the thread it was posted in or somewhere.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)