The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Odd Question

Kor · 17 · 1367

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry, likely I put this in the wrong place with my low intelligence.  Also the question I wished to ask since with my low intelligence is does anyone know that sometimes a web page is blank or when I go to a site that I log into like Msn loads then the screen is blank regardless of which web browser I use.  Likely it's something you folks immediately know of but I've no idea due to my low intelligence.  I hope one of you knows what is going on with this and can explain it in easy to understand terms.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Never mind, it was a pretty stupid question, likely one normal intelligence folks know teh answer to, so any admin can delete this thread that wants to.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Hmm. I'm not sure why. How often do you experience this problem?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Kor, I can't bottle this up any longer. You keep calling yourself a garbage writer, unintelligent, stupid, etc. I don't know your about your personal life or anything like that, but you can't just go around like that, dousing your own self-esteem. It really bothers me to see you like that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Blank pages can often mean a site is stuck in a loop trying to load things that aren't there.  That's about the only explanation I can come up with.

Kor, I don't get the "low intelligence" part.  Really.  :unsure:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I cannot understand either, Kor don't think of yourself as a stupid person because you are not, you can do things and solve problems... but who am I to talk about that? because I don't know about you or your life, but what I can tell you is that you are much better than you think you are, you just need to rediscover yourself ;) .

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is a good thing to know about the own limits if this knowledge is used to try to improve oneself or not to overestimate the own abilities. It is a bad thing though to think too low about oneself. Sometimes people slander their own work or abilities in spite of the fact that this work or the abilities are quite good. By underestimating themselves people accept limits which are not imposed on them by anything but the own decision not to try anything beyond that limits.
You never ever came across as unintelligent Kor. You truly didn't. If something is said that you don't understand the most intelligent thing to do is to just ask about it :yes

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You've never said anything that I would say was unintelligent, Kor.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Kor please I am a very sensitive person and I can't stand it when someone talks about themselves in a negative way....it just isn't right...I believe with age comes wisdom, knowledge and experience so to insult yourself like this is to ignore everything you've learned and gained over the years....and I for one don't believe for a moment that you are unintelligent...if anything you must be THE most intelligent person on these forums! I say this because it is the truth! :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Can't be the most intelligent, more likely the least.  At least I know that and dont have delusions of being the other.

As for the blank pages I mainly have it happen sometimes trying to log into msn.  Other places it only happens very once in a great while at random.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Manny Cav,Jan 9 2008 on  01:25 PM
Kor, I can't bottle this up any longer. You keep calling yourself a garbage writer, unintelligent, stupid, etc. I don't know your about your personal life or anything like that, but you can't just go around like that, dousing your own self-esteem. It really bothers me to see you like that.
Yes, Kor, you are a bright person, you're a very good contributor to the fora, don't be so hard on yourself

we're proud to have you here  :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks that you tolerate my presense.  No idea what a fora is.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 9 2008 on  04:20 PM
It is a good thing to know about the own limits if this knowledge is used to try to improve oneself or not to overestimate the own abilities. It is a bad thing though to think too low about oneself. Sometimes people slander their own work or abilities in spite of the fact that this work or the abilities are quite good. By underestimating themselves people accept limits which are not imposed on them by anything but the own decision not to try anything beyond that limits.
You never ever came across as unintelligent Kor. You truly didn't. If something is said that you don't understand the most intelligent thing to do is to just ask about it :yes
In a way, this sort of describes myself as well (not including the part about being unintelligent). I was quite similar to this description not too long ago. But when I came here to GOF, I acctually started feeling better about myself. And, of course, I always ask questions about someting I find confusing.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Kor, in all honesty, Most people over 35 don't know jack about computers or internet.  My mom is 42 and she can't even use the mouse. :lol You might not be as good with electronics as most people here, but that's because most of the people here are from the technological age.  We grew up with computers and they were and still are a part of our daily lives.  For someone who hasn't grown up in that time, you're doing way more than what's expected.  The only exception is Japanese people.  Almost every single member of their society, no matter what their age is are technological geniuses because that's what their whole country is.  For someone who didn't grow up in the technological age and isn't Japanese, you're doing very well.  I teach computer training courses including windows basics and 27 out of my 29 students are over 30.  The other two are around 28. :lol  If you're older than 35, it's normal not to know a thing about computers.  You would be considered to be abnormally gifted where I'm from. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 9 2008 on  08:06 PM
Thanks that you tolerate my presense.
Well, gee, you're welcome....

-_-

Everyone here cares, but you don't acknowledge it or appear to care.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Kor, man...please come to your senses

this is not like you

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do not become a person with low self-esteem. If you have low self-esteem, you are more susceptible to depression and stuff like it. And you are not of low intelligence if you don't know how to use a computer.

And, by the way, I believe that Tails means the plural form of forum.