The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you thinking about?

Amaranthine · 1118 · 87871

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how I really need to figure out how to adjust my sleeping schedule. The alarm on my clock just isn't waking me up. I have it set at 8 AM, and I typically just turn it off and fall back to sleep for another hour or two. True, I do go to bed rather late, but I fear that may not be the only factor. I'll need to try something different by the time I start my three-week temporary job next month.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how active I used to be on here as well as a few other forums that I joined over a year ago. Just so much that happened over many years and stuff that I feel should not bother me within the grand scheme but do.

And about how minority groups are represented in the media.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Nov 10 2013 on  08:14 PM
I'm thinking about how I really need to figure out how to adjust my sleeping schedule. The alarm on my clock just isn't waking me up. I have it set at 8 AM, and I typically just turn it off and fall back to sleep for another hour or two. True, I do go to bed rather late, but I fear that may not be the only factor. I'll need to try something different by the time I start my three-week temporary job next month.
My suggestion would be to put your alarm clock somewhere you can't reach it without getting out of bed (but still close enough that the alarm wakes you up, obviously). This is the technique my youngest brother uses to make sure he gets out of bed in the morning in time for his classes at college.

I'm marveling at how 2013 seems to be the year of momentous anniversaries for me. Five out of six members of my immediate family (including myself) have had birthdays that are significant in one way or another: my older younger brother's golden birthday, my sister's 18th birthday, my dad's 65th birthday, my 25th birthday, and my youngest brother's 21st birthday. And at least three of my favorite movies and TV shows are having numerically significant anniversaries this year: January was the 10th anniversary of MythBusters, today of course was the 25th anniversary of The Land Before Time, and Saturday of this same week will be the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. (Seems quite serendipitous to me that a film that explicitly takes place before time should have its anniversary just five days before the anniversary of a series about time travel. :p)

And, for that matter, this year marked the 10th anniversary of the GOF itself. :smile

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
A funny but probably in very bad taste story that pokes fun at how many parents/administrators are buying bullet resistant school gear, how Londonian schoolchildren are wearing correctional officer style stabproof clothing to school and how gun owners can bicker over the most asinine things (.45 vs. 9 mm, synthetic or wood firearms furniture, etc.)

Basically, imagine a classic high school drama where firearms and tactical accessories are as common and talked about as books, backpacks and clothes. Where school supplies include a firearm, ballistic vest, ballistic eye protection, ammo, spare magazines and a holster and/or sling in addition to pencils, papers, binders and textbooks. And where cliques are based on what firearm you have in addition to your behavior and fashion.

And yet, I still intend to show safe and responsible firearms usage in this story.

----------------

On a side note, I barely pass the USAF fitness requirements for push-ups. I'm not going to enlist but I think I could be in better shape.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Nov 19 2013 on  01:49 AM
Quote from: The Chronicler,Nov 10 2013 on  08:14 PM
My suggestion would be to put your alarm clock somewhere you can't reach it without getting out of bed (but still close enough that the alarm wakes you up, obviously). This is the technique my youngest brother uses to make sure he gets out of bed in the morning in time for his classes at college.
This is exactly what I used to do in college. These days, I'm not in any rush to go anywhere; I'd just like to be able to start doing things before noon. Of course, once I start my temporary job in less than two weeks, I will need to wake up at an even earlier time, so I'll definitely have to resume that strategy.

I'm thinking of a lot of various things right now, like what I'll be watching on TV this evening, what I'll be doing on the game Civilization V tomorrow afternoon, and ideas for an MLP:FiM fanfic I plan to start writing next week.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about quite a lot stuff :p

1. Why do I stay up that long even though I have to get up in 6 hrs already :bang

2. ...about contacting certain persons I have not had any contact with in a while...

3. ...about joining deviant art & ff.net to get more feedback and to read stories outside of the GoF

4. ...about posting fanfictions that I have written but never uploaded so far

5. ...about another project I started today (music related)

6. ...about the movie making project and how I can contribute best...

I guess that's it :blink:
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
You forgot to think about Ducky! Grrr  :anger
*chases*

I'm thinking about that ha

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am presently thinking about how lame it is not having my right arm functioning, as well as how amazingly comfy blanket nests are.  So lovely.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about how I have in the past year seemed to have settled for a certain lifestyle, thinking that this is as good as it is going to get and it will not have any better. I won't get any better.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm wondering how people from Nigeria got my mobile number... It's starting to bother me. Already had 3 of them contact me for lovey-dovey stuff the past week. Don't want to switch numbers just because of that though :/

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As much as I love movies like PATF, I would love to see a kid's film (or any form of media in particular) that did not put so much emphasis on black/white and right/wrong. I wish there could be a film that said to embrace and master your dark side as well as your light, and even say that those concepts can be inverse of each other.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am thinking about which book I should begin reading next.  I received three books as a gift from a friend and I purchased two more books at Barnes and Noble.  I believe that I will begin reading "Something from the Nightside" by Simon R. Green before moving onto to the first book of the Dresden Files.  I will probably save the book "Europe: A History" for last as it will take me the longest to finish and will probably require the most time for reflection and study.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How tired and worn out I am with my mundane existence.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about my past relationships, my current ones, and why I've had so much trouble before. Funnily enough, watching the MLP movie made me realize why I seemed to have troubles before.

I focused too much on how different experiences I had to other people, really just how much I could not/would not relate to people, rather than focus on the experience with them, and how I can enjoy myself with those people.

And this truth really is giving me peace.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
About the days when Caustizer and I worked on the amazing crossover between Twilight Valley and Command and Conquer.

Sadly, with Caustizer's departure from the forum, that work is likely to remain unfinished รณ and the art SouthPawRacer made is forever gone.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thinking about how every nice thing I try to do just turns around and makes me more enemies, thinking how miserably broken I am that I can't even feel happy surrounded by love...
My mind is a dark place.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How Into the Black is the possibly the darkest, most violent, raunchiest and grittiest RP I have ever played.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Serris,Jan 2 2014 on  03:26 AM
How Into the Black is the possibly the darkest, most violent, raunchiest and grittiest RP I have ever played.
How a lot of that is probably my fault :p

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jan 2 2014 on  03:26 AM
And I'm definitely not helping things along either~ :p

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee

Happy that the first real RP I joined is described like this  :lol: