The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Gang of Five Awards 2008

Petrie. · 89 · 10681

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I've been here long enough to make some good decisions with this voting.

1. Friendliest Member - Kor
What can I say? He may be new here, but he always has a good attitude. He always welcomes new members with more than one reply each. I can't recall ever seeing him in a bad mood. He always has something good to say, no matter how bad the discussion could get.

2. Most Helpful Member - landbeforetimelover
I've seen countless times how he has helped others when they needed it. Be it a simple avatar or dealing with a major computer problem, he's always willing to lend a hand. In fact, if I ever plan on changing my avatar, I'll likely ask him first.

3. Best Role Play Gamer - (can't decide (not active enough there))

4. Land Before Time Philosopher - Malte279
This decision is almost unanimous. If he has an opinion, he'll say it as clearly as possible, regardless of length. He makes good points that are often agreeable. He even recently stated how good the LBT TV-series really is (from what he's seen so far).

5. Most Proactive Member - AvestheForumFox
Like everyone had said, he virtually revived the RPG forums. After becoming a Mod for that section shortly after he joined, I think he deserves this award.

6. Best Fanart - Sky
This decision was also almost unanimous. I don't think anyone here can come as close to the real animators than this guy. Not only the main characters, but also the fan characters are very well-drawn. He must have had a lot of practice to be able to do artwork like that.

7. Projects Award - landbeforetimelover
Overall, he's done a lot of great things. He has created avatars, backrounds, even his own LBT fansite. And on that fansite, he uploaded all of the LBT TV episodes (which I am very pleased about, thanks for your effort).

8. Best Gamer - lbt/ctylover
He started all kinds of games, including my favorite one here, the geography game. I'm always active on that game, and for starting it, I thank him.

9. Feedback Award - Kor
I have a special reason to vote for him. He comments on just about anything, including the fanfic I'm writing. Only three other people have replied there, and each of them replied only once or twice. Kor, however, has replied for almost every chapter I put up, and that has encouraged me to keep going with it. Posting that fanfic is a big reason I keep coming here, so, in a way, he's responsible for me being such an active member, and for that, I thank him.

Those are the best choices I can come up with, in my opinion. I wonder when the voting will end?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Difficult to decide but I have finally figured out the votes.  I'm not fully happy with the descriptions, but I may come back and touch it up a bit.  

_____

The friendliest member award - [DarkHououmon] - She is usually friendly and willing to offer suggestions and willing to listen.  She also greets many new members, which can help them to feel welcome.

The most helpful member award - [landbeforetimelover] - He seems to be very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to computers, internet and similar areas and is very willing to help and give suggestions, opinions and options.

The land before time philosopher award [Malte279] - His responses tend to be detailed and he does have his own opinions, as does everyone, his tend to be very detailed.  His responses are not only detailed but informative, and include points and things I either did not think of or notice.

The Proactive member award [Aves] - He has come up with good ideas for the rpg section of the forum and reorganized parts of it where it makes more sense.  He has also started a number of rp's, including at least one that is not serious and anyone can join in.  

The Fanart award [Sky] - Though difficult to choose from with the many good artists we have here.  He is a good artist and one who has posted regular posts of his artwork that ranges from the one shot pictures, holiday themed, an online web comic and such like that.

The LBT projects award - [action9000] - From what I've seen he seems to be doing several projects at the same time and keeping himself super busy.  Ranging from the singing project thing, the games he was working, and maybe still is. and various other projects as well.

The Feedback award [Malte279] - Though reluctant to vote for a second time on the same person, his detailed responses do contain a lot of information which can cause one to rethink certain things.

The Gamer award - I don't go to the section enough so I doubt I'd be qualified to vote.

The best role play gamer award [GVG] - From what I've seen he is very active in many of the roleplaying games.  He's skilled at rping the various characters and helpful as well.  And also fun to rp with as well.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
ahem...

Most Banned From these Forums Award - Nabil R

It had to come out sometimes... Anybody know a way to send him the award badge? I could design it following Malte's ideas.

Meh..

Back to the real awards xD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I would be a liar if for false modesty I pretended not to see why I would be a candidate for the land before time philosopher award. However, I don’t want to vote for myself and it is not like I was the only one writing interesting and well thought through messages on land before time matters.
I noted two of our newest members, Cancerian Tiger and Coyote_A, have written very interesting contributions in many LBT threads. The same goes for Kor. Please keep it up! I'm really looking forward to your posts. :yes
I was positively delighted when very recently landbeforetimelover could add an interesting theory to the discussion about LBT 10 and thereby provide a possible answer to one of the many questions about the movie (perhaps the most thoroughly discussed of all LBT movies). Another member posted quite a couple of very interesting and thought through posts. He started an interesting thread and revived several others. I just love discussing things with him as he brings up good and valid points for his views which luckily don’t always agree with mine. For those reasons my vote for the land before time philosopher award goes to LettuceBacon&Tomato.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, these are my votes.

Most helpful member: I choose DarkHououmon for this award, because she warned and save us of what could be an international menace; yes, I'm talking about the MSN virus. I had it bur she told me how to get rid of it, and I'd now like to thank her personally for the tip.

Most friendliest member: Nimrod. He's quite a good sort one you get to use to him.

Best gamer: I'd like to transfer my last year's title and cast my vote to lbt/cty lover. I've seen him very active on the game, even more than I used to do.

Fanart award: Sky. Need I say more?

LBT philosospher: Malte279 always has many, many words of wisdom to share with us. So I'll cast my vote to him.

Proactive member: landbeforetimelover. I'd say he's a very wicked LBT fanatic, as his username implies. He made too many posts since the very day he joined these forums!

Feedback award: KingdomKey23. He pushed me to carry on my one and only LBT fanfic I'm making, though lazyness has got me. I'd like to cast my vote on him.

RPG player: AvesTheForumFox. The now called "RPG mod" deserves my vote fot the "Insane cafe" RPG. Too random if you ask me. Besides, he RPG'd very constantly.

LBT projects: DarkHououmon again. She's pretty good with those LBT music vids.

That's all! ;)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Mar 23 2008 on  11:12 AM
ahem...

Most Banned From these Forums Award - Nabil R

It had to come out sometimes... Anybody know a way to send him the award badge? I could design it following Malte's ideas.

Meh..

Back to the real awards xD
You are a hero! This award is ingenious.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Someone thought it up before I did. I just put it into action

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Are you going to suggest it to Petrie though?

It's still a funny award.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm..

Most Helpful Member- This would have to be Landbeforetimelover.  He seems very computer-smart and is always willing to solve a technical problem.

Friendliest Member- Kor, because he seems to be very placid in nature.  He is a very pleasant member on the GOF.

Best Gamer- still uncertain on this one.

Best Fanart- Sky, hands down.  The comics are beyond impressive.

LBT Philosopher- Malte always makes interesting points regarding LBT.  So what if he has strong opinions?  I love to read what he has to say.

Proactive Member- Landbeforetimelover, again.  If I never knew anyone more obsessed with LBT than myself before, it's LBTL.  That's a compliment BTW!

Most Helpful Feedback- Malte, again.  He not only isn't hesitant to provide feedback, he also provides constructive criticism.

RPG Player- Threehorn.  He not only stays true to the RPG storylines, but he also keeps his LBT characters in, well, character.

LBT Projects- This one needs to go to DarkHououmon.  Her music vids are outstanding and provide us with pleasant entertainment.

An idea for an award I'd like to suggest: Most Comical Member.  The member should implement humor or one-liners in at least some of his/her posts.  Humor is good for your health and is a positive trait to have.  Why not acknowledege it?  I won't be coy on this one.  If such an award is made, it should go to Kjeldo, Aves (though he's a bit...random?), Landbeforetimelover or Cancerian Tiger.  But that's my idea.  Use it if ya like ;).

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Mar 24 2008 on  04:32 AM
Someone thought it up before I did. I just put it into action
How come everyone notices when you say it? Ego...slowly...shrinking....

Heh, just joking. The votes are looking good so far, there is little dispute going on. I wish I could vote... I wouldn't, as I feel too green to make a good decision, but I'd like to know I could if I wanted to. Anyway, I don't think It'd make much difference, as the voting is already heading in certain directions.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I imagine that is part of why Petrie put in the minimum time as being a member instead of the blanket 100 votes is all that is needed.  With the minimum time I guess he feels you'd have enough time here to get to sorta know certain members and their posts to various threads and such.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wish I could vote... I wouldn't, as I feel too green to make a good decision, but I'd like to know I could if I wanted to.
There is one thing you overlooked Clawandfang:
That is all. Please cast your votes by April 20th.
By April 20th you will be a member for more than a month (you will be weeks before that in fact). Just wait a few more days and you may cast your votes :yes
The rule that a member has be around for at least a month is a new one. It is meant to ensure that members had some time to get to know the other members before casting their votes. Otherwise somebody could just boost the own post count to 100 in a few days (word association game <_<) and then cast votes without really knowing anyone. We want to encourage anyone to vote who does fulfill the criteria though. The more people participate in the vote the better :yes
Of course nobody is obliged to vote, but we will still come up with a list of everyone entitled to vote and encourage those on the list who didn't cast their vote to do so.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Just a little side question, but was I a member last year when the votes of 2007 were cast?  I certainly don't remember it. :unsure:

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ah... I see the light. I don't think I'll vote this year still, if no one minds. I personally think even a month is too short a time-span.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just a little side question, but was I a member last year when the votes of 2007 were cast? I certainly don't remember it.
If my memory serves me right you joined the GOF during the time the votes were cast. I don't think you had a hundred posts by the time the voting ended, but I'm not entirely certain.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
All in all I am not much of a gamer which makes it a bit tricky for me to decide on this one. Many of the games don't require too much thinking and may be considered more of a possibility to "boost the postcount". However, I confess that I have participated a lot in the geography game in recent times and I did enjoy it too. As my most active fellow player in this game I nominate lbt/cty_lover for the Gamer Award.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, i'm still a bit new here, but i'll give you my votes.

______

Most helpful Member- I have to give this vote to Landbeforetimelover. He's helped me with many problems I've had in the past, and he's always proved to be a very helpful person to everyone.

Friendliest Member- Kor. He is friendly to everyone, and he seemed perfect for this award.

Best Gamer - I am not active enough in this section to choose someone for this award.

Best Fanart - Sky. Your art is truly amazing, i've never seen one that disappoints me yet.

Proactive member -  I cannot decide on this award.

Best Role Play Gamer - Great Valley Guardian. He is a great RPer, and fun to RP with at that.

LBT Philosopher - Malte279. He's seems to have a lot of Knowledge when it comes to LBT. His replies are very detailed, well written and hard to argue with.

LBT Projects - Darkhououmon.Her music videos are indeed awesome, I've never seen anything like them.

Most Helpful Feedback - Kor. Kor replies to nearly every topic, and he always gives helpful information.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Friendliest Member - Kor.

You have supported most of my games in the Gaming section. You have also been nice to everyone.
-----
Best Fanart - Sky.

Your art is amazing. It is so detailed.
-----
Most Helpful Member - LBTLover.

You have been a good helper on this forum.
-----
Best Gamer - Undecided.

Here, I would like to vote for myself. However, that would be dishonest. So instead of picking myself, I will abstain from this category.
-----
This award is new. I feel that it should be initiated. It is for best fan-fiction. For this, I vote for pokeplayer984 for "The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali". Partially because this is a well written work, but also because this is what LBT fans have wanted for a while: Littlefoot and Ali together without a slash fan-fiction.
-----
Best Role Player - Great Valley Guardian.

I feel that you have been a great RP'er. You stuck with me in Enemies Inside, you got your own RP back of the ground. THat is impressive.
-----
Most Proactive - Aves.

Aves, you have given us some great things. You started the RP discussion forum. You got quite a few RPs up.
-----
Feedback - Kor

Kor, you really like to use this forum. You are on most of the time. You have helped quite a few newer members. You give a lot of good feedback to a lot of people.
-----
These are my votes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi lbt/cty_lover!
Thank you for your suggestion :yes
A fanfiction award has been considered in the last years too, but the idea was given up for two reasons. One of the reasons is the high degree of polarization of the fanfiction question. The other (more important) reason is that it is almost impossible to give a fair judgement for fanfictions because of the sheer amount of material that had to be read. Taking all the fanfictions we have together we will have a couple of thousand pages for sure. Nobody is going to read all the fanfiction. But fanfictions which are not read cannot be judged fairly. This is why a fanfiction award would be very difficult to realize.

There is no newby award issued this year:
In the last two years we also had an award specifically for new members, that is members who had joined the GOF since the last award voting. The idea was to prevent the awards from going just to a small group of longtime members. However, this year more than a third of the GOF members entitled to vote joined within a year from the last vote. It would be very difficult to decide who of these many should be voted for. Moreover many “newer new members” would hardly perceive “older new members” as new members at all. For that reason the admins deceided to create a new award that will not be voted on, but that will be issued to all members who come here, post here, and stay here. Those awards are given to all those who:

- have been around for about three years
- have posted at least 100 times
- have posted with a certain regularity (no year lasting absents in between)
- have posted within the three months preceding the issuing of the award

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The friendliest member: This was very difficult, because everyone here is so friendly! :lol:  However, if I were to choose someone as the friendliest, I would have to say Kor. I can honestly say that it's because of you that I feel comfortable here. You are always so nice to me whenever I post something, I don't recall ever seeing you flame somebody (unless it were for a good reason :lol ), and help me during our RP sessions.

The most helpful member: No offense to anybody, but I see one person for this spot: landbeforetimelover . Why? Because you help everybody in need. You seem to have a solution to every problem, and ontop of that you gave us access to the TV series!

The best role play gamer: Another very tough one. There are so many really good rp'rs, but I would have to give the award to GVGuardian. Longtail is an amazing character, and even though I haven't been here as long as everybody else, you showed great talent during the Shadow Raptor series. You seem to me as probably the most active rp'r, so here you go!

The land before time philosopher: Malte. If LBT was converted into Greek mythology, then you would be the head god. I read your posts and I suddenly look at LBT in ways I would never have come up with on my own. Well done!

The Proactive member: If it weren't for this person, the RP section probably would have died on us. Aves in my opinion is the most proactive member here. I'm sorry I can't say why else I chose you because I honestly just saw you getting this award.

The Fanart: One person really stood out to me. Sky, making fanart is one thing, but a creating a comic? That takes skill. I really enjoy reading Forgotten Friends, and I can't wait to read the rest of it. On top if that, you're an excellent artist.

The LBT projects: I was dissapointed that I was unable to participate in Things Change, but I have to admit I was amazed at the quality of the finished product. Congrats to those who performed, and congrats to action900 for getting my vote!

The Gamer: Undecided . I haven't really been active in this part, so I can't really vote unfortunately.

The Feedback : Undecided. I can't vote in this category either because there are too many choices. In my opinion, everybody wins in this category because nobody leaves a topic dead.