The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Gang of Five Awards 2008

Petrie. · 89 · 10876

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The what?

Anyway, yes I could use a couple of talliers in the next week or two. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I might as well throw in a few votes in here and there
RolePlaaying Award_ this is the only award I've ever been nominated for.Once. But Imo there are more deserving posters than myself this year. I'm voting for AAVEs. The insane Cafe was so sucessful, it spawnedd a sequel... anmd if not for Aves, I probably would have lost interest in RPGing altogether as my Rps with Threehorn always seem to die off at some point..
Feedback Award_ Malte is always willing to reply, and do so in detail.,. hence why I'm voting for him. :P:
Projects AWard_ Don't really go there so I really can't say
friendliest member_ Pretty much Everyone here is friendly, so to choose between many very friendly posters is difficult. But I'm going to go with KOR here.
 That's 3..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out with tallies, please PM the results to me. :)  Thanks.

Voting still has about two weeks left.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 25 2008 on  09:14 AM
The other (more important) reason is that it is almost impossible to give a fair judgement for fanfictions because of the sheer amount of material that had to be read.

Malte, wouldn't fan-fics that are bad not be read, and therefore not voted for. I can understand the polarization, but there still should be a fan-fiction award. Maybe next year there could be a nomination process to eliminate a lot of the other fan-fictions.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Roleplaying Award _I would have to vote for Aves for starting the only Role Playing Game that I've stuck with.
Fan art award_ I'm gonna have to say sky for the wonderful LBT artwork.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 30 2008 on  07:01 PM
Would an award like "Philosopher" be reasonable?
I am not talking about the LBT Philosopher. I mean philosopher in more general terms.
as we did consider it in the staff room.
Heh yep we've got one at another site I'm part of.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The end of this years award voting is drawing closer. So far 19 people have cast their votes (that is at least seven votes as two may be skipped if people really feel they can't give a good judgment on an issue). Four more people cast some but less then seven votes or cast votes but without the obligatory explanation lines.
There is still quite a number of active fans (some of whom have been nominated for awards themselves) who didn't cast any vote so far.
There is of course no obligation for anyone to vote, but we strongly encourage you to participate in this forum activity :yes
Some people on the list of voters haven't been around in months and are not likely to participate anymore (though I sure hope we will see them again. They too include members who have been nominated for awards :()
We also have a member who by the rules will get his voting rights in two days, so he is hearty invited to join the vote if he wants to (can you hear me Vilstrup? :lol).
Again, there is no obligation to cast your votes, but it would be really awesome if as many as possible would participate. Twenty-nine members who have been active within the last month haven cast their votes so far.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you could pm a few and invite them to vote.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, the most votes for one category is 20. That is for Friendliest Member and Best Fanart. Also, Best Fanart is the biggest landslide.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No surprise who will win the fanart award. :lol:

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nor the Philosopher Award. I won't reveal any more besides the fact that there is always at least two people nominated for an award.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
We may see a few more votes yet. I hope that a few members will yet cast their votes. Two of our members promised to do so on MSN :yes

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, I'm late in voting. Anyway:

Friendliest Member: Great Valley Guardian.  He just seems really laid back and friendly to everyone.

Most Helpful: LBTlover.  He really helped us all by providing access to the tv series.

Role Play gamer: Great Valley Guardian.  He managed to get one of the "stories" back off the ground.

Philosopher: Malte. He can really analyze an issue.

Proactive member: Aves. He really improved the RP forums.

Fanart: Sky. His pictures are some of the best I've ever seen.

LBT Projects: Darkhououmon. Her videos are super-cool.

Gamer: Pokeplayer. The Ultimate Challenge is one of the best games I've ever seen in the forum.

Feedback: Kor.  He really seems to help people with their projects.

Here's all of them.