The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a Question of Me

Caustizer · 128 · 13348

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I envision wingtails to be on average about 3-4 feet tall.  That would come out to about waist hieght on a human, which would make sense because they are not dinosaurs per-se, but birds.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow, that's about the same size I guessed them to be. :!

Technically, they ARE dinosaurs, because birds are classified as dinosaurs (theropods, specifically), but I get what you mean. :p

What sizes do you see the gang as being?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah... thats a good question and will be addressed in the next chapter.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Have you ever owned any pets?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep.

My first hampster was named Todd, and I barely remember him.  My sister killed him by accident when she threw him in the toybox with the toys.

My second hampster was named Hammy (big surprise) and we had him for years.  One day he got sick, and didn't wake up so we buried him next to Todd.

I haven't owned any pets since, though I have thought that it would be cool to have either (A) An Alligator, (B) A Snake, or © A Shark. Obviously the shark would be the least responsibility, yet I am leaning towards getting a snake when i get out of school.

My sister currently has three cats that hang around the house and occassionally bother me, but they aren't my responsibility so I regard them as simply denizens of the house like me.

Caustizer.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Uh, I’d strongly suggest the snake. An alligator would become very expensive and difficult to house and feed (let alone handle) once it reaches its adult size, and a shark would need a saltwater aquarium that would be a real challenge to maintain (even if it was just a small species of shark like a horn, bamboo, or leopard). I’ve heard that ball pythons make good snake pets. :yes Corn snakes too, I think. (Bigger kinds like Burmese pythons would be a lot harder to feed, and could potentially be dangerous). I think there are also some small boas which are fairly easy to care for and make good pets.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You have said that your next story will be called Into the Black Sun or Journey into Blacksun (personally I prefer the first title). I’m just wondering: how are you planning to use the word “sun” in a LBT fanfic when the dinosaurs all call the sun “the Bright Circle” or “the Great Circle”?

Also, are you going to ask your question about the upcoming chapters of Far Away Home to Cancerian Tiger and Serris? :p

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The official title was actually 'Into Black Sun' but i thought it was too short, so i changed it to the more LBTish 'Journey Into Blacksun'.

'Black Sun' does not refer to the Great Circle... it refers to a place.  That is the only clue I'll give you before I release the synopsis. :)

And yes I do plan to ask Serris and CT, thanks for reminding me.

Caustizer

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Based on a comment you made on my new fanfic, I think you mentioned that you also read my first fanfic, "Quest for the Energy Stones". Did you read it? If so, what were your thoughts on it?

(Oh, and just so you know, I have been reading all of your fanfics. I just can't think of anything to say.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry for taking so long, but with the various harddrive malfunctions I've had to deal with I would have had trouble coming on sooner.

Quest For Energy Stones began about a year and a half before I joined the site, and about two years before I became interested in fan fiction.  Keeping this in mind I was pages and pages behind, and in a busy world it's tough to make time for that much reading.  I won't lie and say I've read the whole thing, but I can say that once I saw you start updating I followed from there and I generally liked what I read.

Bionicle was not something I was ever into to any degree, mainly because I was always more interested in the more classic lego like trains and marinas and lego cities etc. Apart from that though the way the story was told it flowed nicely and was fairly easy to understand from the perspective of an outside reader like myself, but I chose to reserve comment for a couple reasons:

1) I hadn't read the majority of the story, so it wasn't right for me to comment on events I didn't understand

2) Posting in depth reviews of each chapter like what I did for Twilight Valley, Sharptooth Valley, and Journey to the Island would make you expect it to be done for every update, and that was a commitment I could not honor because I was so busy with school work and such.

I plan to follow your newest story because it is a fresh start, and won't require hours of me sifting through back-story to fully understand the plot.  :angel

Caustizer

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Are you still following TWV?

And what do you think of the revamped chapters?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm still following Twilight Valley and I have been recently reading the revamped chapters, however my stance on revamping the earlier chapters at the expense of new ones remains the same.  When you do that and then expect reviews for the new chapters you just re-did then the storyline is discontinous making it potentially confusing for us.  :angel

If it were up to me, i would finish the story before I consider revamping old chapters, but to each his own i suppose.

Caustizer

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Not sure if you got the PM but I recently added a new chapter to TWV. And yes, I do agree that I should finish the story before I revamp chapters.

On a side note, do you like music in the heavy metal, hard rock or industrial genres?

I figured you might because a good amount of Frank Klepacki's music is in this genre.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the question.  Musically, I like lots of different types though the better the singer's voice or the main beat sounds the more likely I am to take to it.

Frank Klepacki has a lot of interesting rock/electronica beats, and since many of them were fond memories from Command and Conquer almost all of the stuff he does reminds me of Futuristic Battles.

Heavy Metal and Hard Rock have their place, most notably in Duke Nukem though I don't find the prospect of somebody screaming into a microphone appealing most of the time.

I guess all the music I like can be divided into two seperate categories:

(1) Music with an Excellant Singer(s) such as Linkin Park, Our Lady Piece, Celine Dion, Elton John etc.
(2) Invigourating Electronic 'Battle Beats' that remind me of CnC or any other war game.

Caustizer.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As I understand it, you will be posting multiple chapters in rapid succession for the Far Away Home marathon. My question is, do you plan to write all of those chapters in advance before posting them, or just work overtime, posting each chapter as you finish it and then immediately moving on to the next one? (Personally, I’d rather wait a long time than have you rush yourself.)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All chapters will be written in advance.

In effect, this means you might be waiting a month or more after the posting of my next chapter (which unfortunately I haven't started yet >_<)

Caustizer.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I take it you'd like some more questions. :p

How's the other half of the latest Far Away Home chapter coming along?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have about a page done.  Of course I know what all is going to go in it, but its a matter of coming up with the wherewithal to get it done.  Sky has been gone so long I'm starting to worry about him, and a lot of the work I've been putting into Future Wars seems to be coming to naught.

Lately I have been spending a lot of my time working on my Warhammer 40k stuff because of how satisfying it feels to complete a paint job, as well as watching the pros play Starcraft 2 and trying to learn from them.

Above all else too, there is the constant lingering demon of school  :!

Caustizer