The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Well, tomorrow is the final Equestria Girls Special Episode.  Get the summary below.

-----------
Title: Mirror Magic

Summary: When Sunset Shimmer runs out of space in her journal, she returns to Ponyville to get a new one.  However, her friends are captured and she must team up with Starlight Glimmer to save the day.
-----------

Quite a team up!  As always, I'll post he Live Streams and online versions tomorrow, and my review on Sunday.

See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

In just a few hours, the final Equestria Girls Special begins.  Here's hoping it's good.

Get the link to the Live Streams below.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Special 3 - Mirror Magic Live Streams

As always, I'll post the online version later today and the review tomorrow.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Well, here's the episode.  Hope you enjoy it!

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Special 3 - Mirror Magic

I'll see all of ya tomorrow for my review!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
Right away, we see Juniper Montage is still furious at the main 7 for stopping her greedy attempts in last week's special. While she's on break from her new job at the theater's concession stand, she finds a hand mirror that has just been enhanced by a stray burst of Equestrian magic (so I guess this is how new magical anomalies are going to occur in this series from now on, stray bursts of magic leaking from the portal, as seen at the very end of Legend of Everfree).

Meanwhile, Sunset is not only needlessly concerned about the recent lack of magical incidents, but has also just run out of pages in her magical journal, so Princess Twilight asks her to come back to Equestria to get a replacement journal. However, when she gets there, Twilight and the others are away on friendship business, so Starlight Glimmer (whom Sunset and her friends are already aware of thanks to Princess Twilight's messages) is the only one around to give her the new journal. But once Sunset has the new journal and prepares to return to the human world, Starlight asks if she could go there as well, and Sunset eventually decides to let her come.

While that's going on, Juniper is discovering the powers of her new magic mirror, such as showing her what she wants to see herself as (a famous and highly adored movie star), and the ability to make things disappear into the mirror by simply wishing it away, including all six of Sunset's friends. When Sunset encounters her (and uses her magic to get answers from Juniper's memories), Juniper (who is clearly growing more crazy from the magic mirror) does not hesitate to trap her as well. Now Starlight Glimmer is the only one around to do anything about the situation. Even worse, since all of the main 7 are now wearing their magical geodes, it causes a reaction that turns Juniper in a freakishly tall, super strong (and kinda ugly) woman who is delusionally convinced that she is exactly the famous movie star she always wanted to be (even though we clearly see all bystanders running away in fear).

Starlight knows that the first thing she needs to do is get the mirror out of Juniper's hand. While she is able to grab that mirror and keep it away, the ensuing chase includes incidents that cause the mirror to start fracturing, leaving the main 7 inside with progressively less space to stand on. Finally, Starlight convinces Juniper that if she really wanted to be liked by everyone, she should consider friendship, regardless of her past actions. Juniper is hesitant, but agrees to wish the girls out of the mirror, and everything is restored to normal (just as the mirror has been reduced to just a single small fragment).

Juniper doubts she'll be forgiven, but the girls say otherwise, citing the past experiences of Starlight, human Twilight, and Sunset. (And Pinkie's remark after that was right, they sure are quite a forgiving group.) Finally, after everything, Sunset gets a message from Princess Twilight saying that she's willing to let Starlight stay in the human world for a few days, so it's possible we may see her again in future installments in the Equestria Girls series.

It sure was really nice to see Starlight Glimmer from Equestria getting to be part of the Equestria Girls series, and we even got a brief return of pony Sunset Shimmer (though her unicorn magic now seems to have a different color compared to what we saw in the first movie). Those are pretty much the only reasons why this one was my favorite of the three specials.

(end spoilers)

And that's it for this years edition of Equestria Girls. Now we just have to wait for news on when season 7 of the main show will resume.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This third equestria girls special really could've used a second part to it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST~

In truth, I think this one was the worst of the three, but it was still good.  Spoilers below.

There are some good parts with this.  Sunset returning temporarily to the Pony World to meet Starlight was nice to see.  On top of that, Starlight Glimmer going to the Human World was a joy. (Dare I say, she got used to walking on two legs faster than Twilight did with her first outing.)

However, Juniper did not make for a good villain.  Sure, she had a grudge against the girls, but that was it.  She just was kind of bland in the end.

There were some nice jokes in this.  Pinkie was just enjoyable throughout.  Messing with the fourth wall was the best of the bunch.

Finally, it's nice that Starlight will get to stay in the Human World for a few days.  Maybe more will happen with her around.  We'll see what happens.

Also, if anyone cares to answer, can anyone figure out when in the Pony Timeline this takes place?  I'm having trouble pinpointing it.

Anyways, time for the hiatus.  We'll see how long it lasts.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some possible confirmation for the end of the hiatus:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/07/seas...p-is-magic.html

Looks like new episodes will resume on August 5, just over three weeks from now.

That actually makes sense to me because, as I've cited before, new episodes tend to get finished about 8 weeks before they're scheduled to air in the US, and since episodes 12 and 13 showed in Australia back on June 19 and 20, that means the the absolute latest we would've had to wait is in fact August 5 (assuming Australia decided to air those two episodes at the absolute earliest possible, and that we still get one episode each week, meaning episode 13 can't be any later than August 12).

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
More confirmation:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/07/disc...rfect-pear.html
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/07/augu...ights-show.html

Looks like episodes 12 and 13 will both air on August 5, with a regular schedule resuming over the following weeks. Let's just hope that, for once, we can go without any more foreign early releases.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just one more week left to go before new episodes return.

I have to say, the past 12 months have been really notorious when it comes to early foreign releases. First, we had Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree come out a week early in Brazil. Next, the last few episodes of Season 6 came out early in the UK. Later, a vast majority of the first half of Season 7 came out increasingly more early in Canada. Then we had this year's three Equstria Girls specials come out over a month early in Poland, first exclusively in Polish, then later available in English. Finally, we had episodes 12 and 13 of Season 7 come out nearly two months early in Australia, the very same episodes that don't officially release until next Saturday. (What I find really strange about all of this is that, because of all these early foreign releases, I actually remember the names of the various TV channels that showed them: Discovery Kids in Brazil, Tiny Pop in UK, Treehouse in Canada, Teletoon in Poland, and Boomerang in Australia.)

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that we will not see any more early foreign releases for the rest of Season 7 and beyond.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Some new Equestria Girls shorts apparently came out recently:
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/07/eque...shorts-are.html

- Berix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The new upcoming movie got a PG Rating.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/my-l...-pg-rating.html

Guess the action will be more intense than usual.  Hopefully it'll still be good.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be going to see the movie in theaters when it comes out.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 1 2017 on  11:29 PM
The new upcoming movie got a PG Rating.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/my-l...-pg-rating.html

Guess the action will be more intense than usual.  Hopefully it'll still be good.
Ooh, I like the sound of that.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'm not surprised, honestly. Movies tend to be more mature-themed than TV series.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
So the My Little Pony Movie is rated PG. All the more reason to watch it!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Well, time to start this again!  With two episodes tomorrow, it'll be enjoyable.

Get the summaries below.

------------
Season 7 Episode 12 - Discordant Harmony

Summary - Discord invites Fluttershy to his home for tea.  Can he plan the perfect tea party?
------------
Season 7 Episode 13 - A Perfect Pear

Summary - The Apple Siblings learn how their mother and father met, and they learn that they are half Pear.
------------

As always, tomorrow will be the Live Stream Post.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Good morning, internet!  Today the hiatus ends and we get a double dose of pony!

Get the link to the back to back Live Streams below!

Season 7 Episode 12 & 13 - Discordant Harmony & Perfect Pear Live Streams
Season 7 Episode 12 & 13 - Discordant Harmony & Perfect Pear Live Streams

As always, expect the online links later today and my reviews tomorrow.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even though I saw the early release of these two episodes nearly two months ago, I choose to wait until after their official US release before I shared my reviews on them.

(spoilers)
First episode, Fluttershy and Discord are enjoying yet another tea party at Fluttershy's place, and at some point in their conversation, Discord offers to host the next tea party the very next day. As he's out gathering supplies, he eventually comes to believe that a pony like Fluttershy might not like his highly chaotic home and lifestyle, so (with assistance from multiple Discords) he normalizes and organizes his house and his wardrobe.

When Fluttershy arrives (or rather instantly brought there by Discord), she's obviously suprised by how dull and boring everything is. Confusion suddenly turns to panic when Discord's lack of chaotic activity causes him to literally start vanishing out of existence, up the the point where he can no longer even snap his fingers to use his magic. I have to admit, it was fun to see Fluttershy going completely nuts with everything in an attempt to save Discord, and thankfully it actually worked. With Discord safe, Fluttershy tells him that she had really expected his house to be just as chaotic as it actually was. They later proceed with their tea party once Discord's house has been restored to is usual chaotic state

Second episode, when Apple Bloom brings home some pear jam she got from Grand Pear at the market, Applejack and Big Mac quickly hide it before Granny Smith can find out about it. Apple Bloom finds out for apparently the very first time that there's been a family feud between Apples and Pears, and she naturally asks why that is. Applejack and Big Mac admit they're just as clueless, since Granny Smith would always refuse to say anything whenever they had asked her, so the three Apple siblings decided to go ask the family historian Goldie Delicious (previously seen in the Season 4 episode Pinkie Apple Pie). The feud was largely a business rivalry between Granny Smith and Grand Pear, but their respective kids, Bright Mac and Pear Butter (nicknamed Buttercup when they first met), were the only ones to not get involved in the feud and even enjoyed spending time together. Once the Apple sibling realize those two are actually their parents, they're surprised that they're actually half Apple and half Pear.

Now, the Apple siblings decide to learn more about their parents. They first talk to Bright Mac's friend Burnt Oak, who tells them about how their father was an honest pony (much like Applejack). Next, they talk to Pear Butter's friend Mrs. Cake, who tells them not only about how their mother helped her to understand her special talent (much like Apple Bloom), but also about how their parents understood their love for each other. Finally, Mayor Mare talks about how, with the Pear family suddenly moving to Vanhoover, their parents didn't want to be separated, so they decided to get married right away, with a small and secret wedding (and much like Big Mac, they didn't want anything big and fancy). When Granny Smith and Grand Pear find out about it, Birght Mac and Pear Butter make it clear that they refuse to be separated. Grand Pear practically forces his daughter to chose between the Pear family and the Apple family... and she tearfully chooses to stay with the Apples. Grand Pear walks away furiously, and that's presumably the last time they ever spoke to each other.

With Grand Pear now back in Ponyville, the Apple siblings decide it's time to set aside all past differences and bring him and Granny Smith together with them. With Grand Pear expressing deep regrets for his past behavior, they all agree to finally come together as a true family, and they even get to see an entwined apple and pear trees their parents had planted on their wedding night.

The first episode was just fine like most others. The second episode, however, reveals so much backstory about the Apple family that we had wanted to hear about for so long, and does it so well, that I wouldn't be surprise if a lot of fans were to call it one of their absolute favorite episodes of all time (I know I certainly enjoyed seeing it).

(end spoilers)

Now that we are all finally completely caught up on all those early releases, I really hope that'll be the last we'll ever have to worry about that issue.

By the way, some more Equestria Girls shorts have been coming out lately, one yesterday evening and one more about to show this evening. (I've heard that this will be happening every weekend for the entire month of August, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if that turns out to be true.)
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/more...mer-shorts.html
https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/08/anot...mmer-short.html

- Berix