The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Season seven is off to a meh start. But let's see if they get better.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EARLY RELEASE POST~

Sorry this is up so late.  I did a lot today.  Anyways, here's the episode that aired in Canada today.

Season 7 Episode 7 - Parental Glideance Early Release Version

I'm sure a number of you get the pun in the title.  Also, we don't need Scootaloo's high-pitched fan squeals in the show.  Are they trying to destroy the hearing of headphone users like myself?

Well, enjoy!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah I think I saw another early release episode about the cutie mark crusaders

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~SUMMARY POST~

Pinkie Pie: Hello, everypony!

Me: Hey there, Pinkie!  You ready for another pony-filled weekend?

Pinkie Pie: Yes, sir-dubbally!  I also can't wait for mother's day and see my mom again at the Pie Family Rock Farm!

Me: I can't wait to see my family too.  Anyways, on to the summary for tomorrow's episode in the US.

-------------
Title: Forever Filly

Summary: When Rarity spends the day with Sweetie Belle she soon learns that her sister doesn't like the things she used to.
-------------

Pinkie Pie: Ooh!  Sibling Drama!

Me: I'll go into detail with what I thought about it on Sunday.

Pinkie Pie: Well, hope you all enjoy the new episodes tomorrow!

Me: Goodnight, everyone!

Pinkie Pie: Goodnight!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~LIVE STREAM POST~

Pinkie Pie: So, how many do we have today?

Me: Well, why don't we take a look?

Season 7 Episode 6 - Forever Filly Live Stream

Pinkie Pie: Ooh!  Six of them!

Me: I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.

Pinkie Pie: And you want me to bring Rarity and Sweetie Belle tomorrow, right?

Me: Yep!

Pinkie Pie: Okey-Dokey!  I'll make sure to do it!

Me: Hope you all enjoy the episode!  See ya later!

Pinkie Pie: Bye!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~ONLINE POST~

Pinkie Pie: Oh my gosh!  I can't believe what happened with the episode that aired in Canada!  I have to tell everyone the news!

Me: Pinkie, don't you dare spoil everyone early!

Pinkie Pie: But I must tell them that --

Me: No buts!  You have to Pinkie Promise not to tell, okay?

Pinkie Pie: *sighs* Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

Me: Good!  Now, here's the link for the episode that aired in the US.

Season 7 Episode 6 - Forever Filly Dailymotion Version

Pinkie Pie: *depressed tone* I'll go and get Rarity and Sweetie Belle for the review tomorrow. *sadly walks away*

Me: Hmm!  Maybe I was too harsh on her.  I'll apologize when I see her again.  Hope you all enjoy the episode and stay tuned for the early release post.  See ya later! :wave

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~EARLY RELEASE POST~

Well, here's the episode that aired in Canada today.  I'm sure a number of you will be quite surprised.

Season 7 Episode 8 - Hard to Say Anything Early Release Version

Be ready for the explosion of fan material this weekend.  This will be an interesting weekend.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Goodie I have two episodes to watch tonight. Hopefully they're okay and decent

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love how Canada is releasing episodes early it's amazing and fantastic

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(spoilers)
At first, Rarity is calmly running her Canterlot boutique, but suddenly finding a photo of herself and her sister Sweetie Belle suddenly brings her to tears at the realization that, due to how busy she has been, she hasn't spent much quality time with her. Sassy Saddles offers to keep the boutique running on her own so Rarity can spend a day with her sister, and Rarity instantly accepts.

Meanwhile, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are once again helping other ponies find or better understand their cutie marks. Their next client is Zipporwhirl (previously seen in the season 4 episode Fili-Vanili), who questions her cutie mark when the puppy she had adopted on the day she got it is no longer playing with her. Then when Rarity suddenly barges in and excitedly says that she wants to spend the day with Sweetie Belle, Applebloom and Scootaloo offer to handle the CMC business on their own so Sweetie can spend the day with her sister.

I found it pretty interesting that the two series of events ended up running parallel in having the same kind of problem. Rarity wants to do all the things Sweetie Belle used to enjoy, unaware that Sweetie no longer likes them so much, while Zipporwhirl keeps trying to play with her puppy they same way she always had, unaware that the puppy is actually now a full-grown dog.

The resolution finally comes when, after snapping at Rarity, Sweetie Belle sees what's been going on with Zipporwhirl and her dog and realizes the parallel between their two dilemmas. She explains to Zipporwhirl that the dog is no longer a puppy and simply needs to find new activities they can enjoy (such as playing fetch with a stick). Rarity overhears this (she had wanted to scold Sweetie, but her sense of manners made her choose to wait until "...after her conversation. Anger is no excuse for rudeness."), and admits that now that Sweetie Belle has indeed gotten older, they should also find some new activities to do together as sisters.

For me, this was a rather okay episode, but not something I'd include among my favorites.

(end spoilers)

For the episode airing in the US next week, even though I've already seen the Canadian release last Sunday, I'll just say that of all the episodes we know so far for season 7, that is the one I had been looking forward to most of all. I can't wait to see it in perfect quality next week.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Watching it now it's eh since I'm not a fan of rarity at all. The plot about spending time with your siblings is over done but it's okay not great. I'll add on I kinda like the moral witch was teaching.  I'll give it credit for that. So it was a decent episode this week.7/10.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I might watch the early release episode today or just wait until next week not sure yet

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
~REVIEW POST CANCELLED~

Sorry everyone, but I'm having trouble doing Rarity.  I like her and all, but the character is difficult to do.  As such, the review is cancelled.  Again, sorry!

Next week's is already shaping up for me in my head.  I shouldn't have a problem there.

On to my early release post!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've already knew about it and it's hopefully it's not horrible

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is also a early release episode where Big Mac has found a lover its already out it's not that bad

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It has also come to my attention that the three Equestria Girls specials are getting early releases in Poland. The first was on today, the second will be next Sunday, and the third and final one will be the Sunday after that.

However, these are dubbed in Polish, and even though people are uploading versions with English subtitles, I've decided that I'd rather wait for the actual English versions to come out before I watch them. This is because, last year, one episode of Season 6 also came out early in Poland, and after I later saw the English version, I did a quick comparison and it turns out that the English subtitles in the earlier Polish version are not identical to the dialogue in the English version. While I don't mind watching in a slightly lower quality, I do want perfection on the content (every bit of dialogue is included and nothing of the official version is cut out), and due to the inevitable translation issues, I'm just not going to bother with these particular early releases, despite how much I'd really like to see them.

So when will the official English version of these three Equestria Girls specials come out? We still don't know for sure. We do know that the DVD release for these specials will be on August 8, and since they're supposed to be first available on Netflix, we can assume it'll be on some day before then, so sometime within the next two and a half months. (And with everything I've got going on these days, that won't be such a long wait for me.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I thought they're already out since discovery family aired some shorts already unless that was something completely different