The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Ducky123, if you want :)

Ducky123 · 224 · 22974

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What is the longest period of time that you ever played a video game without a break.  ;)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 11 2015 on  09:15 PM

your Bambo pictures don't draw as much of my attention as your normal pictures (which doesn't mean that they're not good or something like that, they are good). I suppose that is just me, others seem to like your Bambo pictures (CTR in particular :)) I do take a look at them whenever you post them though :exactly

Olivia looks quite lovely if you ask me :)

[/QUOTE]
 Very well... Yes she dose. Me and CTR are close friends.

Oh yes I can see why you think so, she is a cutie.  In that case when I get round to doing the sequal to that story, were my OCs are older. You probably like Olivia's  desgin as a teenager.
And you'll like the more bonding with her and Littlefoot I have planned.

Also in the prequel I'm doing in the non LBT art fourm,  you'll she she has a bit of a sad back story.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Whoa, keep them coming guys  :wow

^School started for me last week. dino_tongue.gif
Oh poor you. We get three weeks off school but then again you might have longer holidays than I do in summer. It's very different in the many parts of the world ;)

Is there anything in particular you would like to do this year?
Well, everything I'd like to do this year is probably not gonna work because I'll have to work so much for school and once I enter university I suppose leasure time will be as rare a thing as snow in winter over here lately  :p I'd like to improve in my art, writing and just anything I like doing. Oh, and I don't want to be under stress (though that'll be unavoidable I guess).

What is the longest period of time that you ever played a video game without a break. wink.gif
Well, if I were to ask you this very question, would your answer be the same? That happens to be last Thursday night and Friday morning where you kicked my ass after 12 hours of playing Civilization IV with you and vonboy  :smile Well, I won the first game between us so I really shouldn't feel ashamed  :exactly

Very well... Yes she dose. Me and CTR are close friends.
Yeah, I figured you are. You just seem to share the love for humanised LBT characters :

Oh yes I can see why you think so, she is a cutie. In that case when I get round to doing the sequal to that story, were my OCs are older. You probably like Olivia's desgin as a teenager.
And you'll like the more bonding with her and Littlefoot I have planned.
Yeah, I like cute girls  :smile  I guess I'll also like her older design and I'm definitely going to follow your (artistic) story even though I might not always have something meaningful to say  :angel

Also in the prequel I'm doing in the non LBT art fourm, you'll she she has a bit of a sad back story.
Sad backstories are good backstories in my book :yes It usually adds something to characters when they've had some hardships in their past which still influence them at times.

Do you like "Rita and Runt"?
I'm sorry but I've never seen that show so I can't say if I like it or not :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 12 2015 on  05:45 PM

[
Yeah, I figured you are. You just seem to share the love for humanised LBT characters :

And every other of my fanart topics for that matter.

Yeah, I like cute girls  :smile  I guess I'll also like her older design and I'm definitely going to follow your (artistic) story even though I might not always have something meaningful to say  :angel

Yes for me there's something about anime or manga girls that makes the more noticeably cute or pretty then western animated girls.
Mind you it will be some time before I show the sqeual publicly on here. Plus my OCs go throw a heck of a lot other things and crossover with some of my other favorite franchises ( e.g. Dr who and pokemon) before meeting Littlefoot and co again.
[/QUOTE]
Sad backstories are good backstories in my book :yes It usually adds something to characters when they've had some hardships in their past which still influence them at times.

Yes I mean a lot of my favorite characters have had not soo jolly pasts.  But things get better for Olivia when she meets Josh.

[/QUOTE]
:D

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 12 2015 on  11:45 AM
What is the longest period of time that you ever played a video game without a break. wink.gif
Well, if I were to ask you this very question, would your answer be the same? That happens to be last Thursday night and Friday morning where you kicked my ass after 12 hours of playing Civilization IV with you and vonboy  :smile Well, I won the first game between us so I really shouldn't feel ashamed  :exactly
Ah, so it looks like you actually got around to playing a multiplayer game with some other GoF members. Don't expect me to join in anytime soon, though. Not only have I not played Civ IV in years, but also I could never play through the hours you mentioned. (As much as I love gaming, I know where to set my limits.)

Anyway, care to share more about how that particular game went? Having never played multiplayer before, I'm actually quite curious about how such a game would turn out.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, so it looks like you actually got around to playing a multiplayer game with some other GoF members. Don't expect me to join in anytime soon, though. Not only have I not played Civ IV in years, but also I could never play through the hours you mentioned. (As much as I love gaming, I know where to set my limits.)

Anyway, care to share more about how that particular game went? Having never played multiplayer before, I'm actually quite curious about how such a game would turn out.
Yes, we got around to playing eventually  :smile Before I start explaining how that particular game went, I'll just mention that it was really an exception that we played for so long. It was just that it was quite fun and I wasn't getting tired until like 7 or 8 am so we just... continued. Usually, we play no more than 4 hours and, considering that I now have to go to school again, it might be even less than that. We're playing on Thursdays (afternoon for people from the US, evening for people from Europe).
Anyway, that particular game was a 18-player match on the earth map and it was awfully crowded because all 18 civs were located in Eurasia. Vonboy quit after a while because he was pretty much cornered by me and the greeks and he wouldn't stand a chance anyway (due to his rather poor position). Rhombus and I were both conquering some of our neighbors but, unlike me, rhombus had a better economy (while I had more soldiers) and he somehow managed to make all of his enemies his vassals while my enemies didn't want to (and rhombus made everyone we conquered in a joint attack his vassal too)
So after a while he really got an advantage in research and I couldn't keep up with him in terms of colonising America either. I eventually suggested to call it a game, seeing that I'd lose one way or another :p
It was probably wise to do so as rhombus had a huge army (I was unaware of that but I thought he'd eventually make use of his advantage in research and his many vassals) while my forces were concentrated outside of my territory in order to conquer Spain.

We'd be happy if you joined our multiplayer games. Malte and bushwacked might join the next one too. :yes

As for how Multiplayer works, it's actually not that different from normal games. If you want to join a game, you just need a password for it (whoever hosts the game will let you know what it is) and you just need to make up a password for your civ so only you can play as whatever civ you go with.
We do our turns simultaneously. That still means we always have to wait until every player has completed their turn. Another thing which is different (and a little annoying in my opinion) is the fact that, if you're attacked, you're not watching the fight like in single player but you have to decide what to research and what to produce in your cities first (that is, if there's anything to be researched / produced of course). Other than that, it's pretty similar :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'll be very creative now and will ask you the same question you asked me. :D

What's your favourite when it comes to artwork drawn by yourself?

Oh and now I'm curious..do you have a favourite drawing I once made? Don't choose this one. :p

I just checked your gallery and I think your Victorious Pterano is my favourite although the outlines you did here seem better to me. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be very creative now and will ask you the same question you asked me. biggrin.gif
You're so creative :lol

What's your favourite when it comes to artwork drawn by yourself?
This has to be this one for it's the only one that has a decent background  :angel Well, I like other artworks of mine just as much :)

Oh and now I'm curious..do you have a favourite drawing I once made? Don't choose this one. dino_tongue.gif
As for you... My favourite artwork of yours ;). Pretty easy choice for me :)

I just checked your gallery and I think your Victorious Pterano is my favourite although the outlines you did here seem better to me. wink.gif
Yeah, I can see why you like the Pterano drawing. It's one of my favourites of myself too :) As for the other one... that's also a very good one of mine. If you like the lineart so much, you might wanna colour it digitally? I'd approve of that :p

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, I don't really have a favourite one and I sure don't know many. There's a pretty cool German one that goes somewhat like this: "Never do things tomorrow that you could do today." Though I usually act like the opposite  :smile

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 15 2015 on  08:23 AM
Hmm, I don't really have a favourite one and I sure don't know many. There's a pretty cool German one that goes somewhat like this: "Never do things tomorrow that you could do today." Though I usually act like the opposite  :smile
Honestly, that's MY favorite motivational quote (and I also tend to fail at fulfilling it).

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
When you watch a LBT film, do you what the German dub, or in it's original English audio?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The original english version, mostly :) To be honest, I haven't seen the german movies in so long that I hardly remember what the songs were like  :lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^

I'm sort of the same with anime's. 50% of ones I've seen I prefer to watch them in the origanl Japanese audio with sub's. As most English dubs tend to be one the crappy side as they either have unfitting voices for character's, are heavily localised, or heavily cut down an re-edited. (Kinda like LBT 1)

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If you haven't read the Potter series, please say so, but,

do you think that a story that takes place after the end of Deathly Hallows where Albus Serverus was sorted in Slytherin, among other things, would be a good one or a bad one?  (Just based on what House he ended up in.  I mean, Harry even says he doesn't mind anymore.)

Speaking of Slytherin, if Harry HAD let the hat put him in Slytherin (perhaps Hagrid had never told him the bad things about the House), would he end up going bad and joining Voldermort (I know the who killed the parents thing still makes that harder for Harry to go over to the Dark Side cause of that) or would Harry have still fought the Death Eaters anyway?  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have read all books and watched all movies so I think I can answer this, admittedly, quite interesting questions :)

I think it would be a good story either way. If he's sorted into Gryffindor, then he'll have a similar life in Hogwarts as Harry (minus all the dangerous encounters with all sorts of things :p). If he were to go to Slytherin, well, then it might be a very tricky situation for him. He will have to deal with breaking the tradition of Harry's (and Ginny's) families belonging to Gryffindor traditionally (so he's kinda like Sirius Black...), keeping friendships with the children of Ron and Hermione and other friends of Harry despite their houses being mutually hateful towards each other, and of course the trouble whether to get new Slytherin friends or stick to his old ones in Gryffindor.

As for your second question, I highly doubt that Harry would have joined the dark side. That's like Littlefoot allying with Redclaw to kill everyone in the Great Valley  :blink: I can't say though that things would have been  much more different and difficult for him in Slytherin no doubt...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
2 questions.

1. Do you have a favorite beer ?( if you drink that is) One of my personal favorite's is a German one " Becks"

2. You've probably been asked this before but to make it a little different... How would have you reacted if you meet Ducky, when you were a kid?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
1. Do you have a favorite beer ?( if you drink that is) One of my personal favorite's is a German one " Becks"
It's pretty odd I think but while I don't mind drinking alcohol or getting drunk I don't like beer (how ungerman :p). I just don't like the taste of it in general  :angel Becks is pretty well known over here :yes

2. You've probably been asked this before but to make it a little different... How would have you reacted if you meet Ducky, when you were a kid?
Oh, I'd have played lots of games with her and asked her to stay forever   :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,Feb 1 2015 on  01:55 PM

It's pretty odd I think but while I don't mind drinking alcohol or getting drunk I don't like beer (how ungerman :p). I just don't like the taste of it in general  :angel Becks is pretty well known over here :

Oh, I'd have played lots of games with her and asked her to stay forever   :D
I see. When I was your age I was that keen on the taste of beer, it I grew to like it as I got older. A lot of my favorite beers are foreign.

And I bet you would also have hugged her and told her how cute she  is would you not? :)