The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2437 · 159034

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just had a dream last night that me and my friend went to prison, but the "prison" was in my attic... :blink:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I like to get criticism on my fanfictions...otherwise, I start losing ideas! Such as with my present Doctor Who fanficiton...I really, really, REALLY need a good ol' critique of it, bounce ideas off, etc. etc...
*Stares down my "favorite critic on this site"*

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just got a new pair of glasses today. :)

I first started wearing glasses about ten years ago. (I forget when exactly, but I do know that I started needing them in school by the end of 2002.) Despite the fact that I had needed new lenses a few times since, I've had the same exact style of frames for them all, until today. I currently have three frames in that style, but by now they've all become slightly warped, meaning that none of them fit perfectly like they used to. Unlike previous times, I couldn't just ask for another of those frames because they don't make them anymore, so I had no choice but to pick out a new set of frames for my latest lenses.

Throughout the week, I looked through three stores to find something that closely resembles the old ones I had used. I was literally about the leave the third place without being sure about any of my options when I finally did find a style that looked very close to the old ones I had. (Proof of this was right after I got the new glasses, I asked my sister and she confirmed that, at first glance, it was hard to tell the difference.)

The new kind of comfort is going to take some getting used to, but at least I now have a pair of glasses that actually sits perfectly straight on my face. :)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I found out yesterday why some people call USAFA "The Zoo." Here's a little background: 4th-Class Cadets (like me) are required to run on the outside marble strips of the Terrazzo, a big concrete square in the middle of the campus to get from place to place, and we have to turn at 90 degree angles at all times. Tourists seem to find this very interesting, and enjoy watching us from the "Class Wall," which towers above the Terrazzo, and it's a popular spot for tours. Anyway, I was running back from the Cadet store the other day, and I happened to hear a tour guide on the class wall as I ran past. The talk went something like this:

"And if you look down and to your left, you'll see a Fourth-Class Cadet running the marble strips. They are required to do this at attention, in addition to making 90 degree turns at all times. This has been a tradition since the Academy started..."

Sounds just like being in a zoo. Now I know how the average trained chimp feels... :p

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash is my MLP best pairing.
Probably because the love of my life and I resemble them personality wise.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I enjoy bad weather. The area in which I live is one of the driest in the country, so I love wandering about when rain or snow comes around.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just bought an E-cig.  Not so much for the nicotine, but more for the sake of preventing me from biting my nails/pencils/pens

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ah, I chew my nails too, although I'm finally trying to stop (or at least do it less). I used to not care, but then I realized it was causing me to grind my teeth in my sleep. Not chewing my nails means I wake up in the morning with far less soreness in my teeth and jaw muscles, which has been really nice.

I have several "good" fanfic ideas for different fandoms (mostly Star Wars and a few Sonic the Hedgehog fics, but I even had an older LOTR one), but none are finished. I can come up with an intriguing premise to start with, and usually end up writing about 30 pages' worth. But I can almost never think up a good ending, so after a while I'm left clueless as to how to proceed. :rolleyes:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
One thing I want to do before I die is have a psychedelic trip.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Quote from: EggStealerGirl,Sep 29 2012 on  09:00 PM
I'm on the Autism Spectrum.
So am I.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Oct 2 2012 on  06:24 AM
So am I.
You're not alone.

There's at least six people here on the autism spectrum.

I myself have Asperger's Syndrome.

------------

On a side note:

http://amberchrome.deviantart.com/, Pixar's Cars, and http://www.furaffinity.net/user/renegadepit/ are the three reasons that I find living planes really interesting.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I hugged an alligator yesterday. :smile

It was at a Halloween event at my local zoo, where several privately owned show animals had been brought in for visitors to view (and, in some cases, pet), including a few hundred hissing cockroaches, some giant Peruvian cockroaches, an African bullfrog, a snow corn snake, a gray-banded kingsnake, three species of tarantula, a desert tortoise, and an estimated fifteen-year-old female American alligator. She was only about four feet long and her jaws were taped shut, she was being supported by her handler, and it wasn't my first time touching an alligator, but nonetheless, I got to put my arms around a live crocodilian for the first time ever, and I loved it. :DD Plus, I couldn't resist the opportunity to be able to say the above sentence. :lol

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Oct 5 2012 on  03:19 PM
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Oct 2 2012 on  06:24 AM
So am I.
You're not alone.

There's at least six people here on the autism spectrum.

I myself have Asperger's Syndrome.

Me also...a whole bunch of us here are. I'm pretty sure Pangea is Aspie too. So that's...five. Five of us here are on the Autism Spectrum.

On the other note, I have REALLY vivid dreams when I take melatonin. They're really weird--I mean REALLY weird. But they're cool at the same time

I've held an alligator too :) ...but that was in 2000.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Oct 21 2012 on  01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Pangea is Aspie too.
I can confirm that. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Batman Beyond is the reason I love industrial rock.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Batman BNeyond was a great sequel ti Animated series.. pity they dont show it much..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favorite teachers are usually Shakespeare geeks or old enough to be my father...or both. Heck, they sometimes remind me of my father from time to time if they're older. Usually in persona or ability to fill my head with historical knowledge. If I have a WWII question, I sometimes turn to my dad.

I had a substitute professor for the first day of one of my college classes who reminded me of one of the best teachers I ever had, who had to leave to become an assistant principal at a school that needed his guidance more than my school did. He was something of a teacher for college prep and occasionally gave us lectures on Shakespeare. And they were bloody awesome. Sometimes it was for speech or critical thinking or history. I'm considering taking that professor's intro to sociology class.

I guess he was the one who gave me a greater appreciation for it. So, when we read Othello in my Senior year, we'd already discussed it in that prep class as Freshmen. And I could think "Behold, Iago, the other of the big SOBs besides Richard III"!

But yeah...if you want to be a teacher I like, you have to blow my mind with critical thinking and psychology/sociology, Shakespeare/literature, be like my dad, or all of them.