The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Last week's episode was fun to watch.  I hope tomorrow's is as fun.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

About to head off to work, but I have just enough time to put this in!

We have another adventure happening due to the new map we got in the first episode!  Today, we get the kingdom of the Griffons.  It was also announced on Facebook that Gilda returns!

Summary: Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are called by the map to help at the ancient kingdom of Griffonstone!  However, the two have a conflict as to the reason they were sent there!

Been a while since I last saw Gilda!  I wonder if being away has made her a better individual.  We'll see! :)

Here's the link to the Live Streams!

Season 5 Episode 8 Live Streams

Well, I've gotta go!  See ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
After 94 episodes, Gilda finally makes her second appearance in the entire series. Not only that, but also we finally learn some backstory about the griffon homeland. I also couldn't help but notice that every griffon we now know of has a name that starts with G, so I wonder what that indicates about their culture.

The next episode (episode number 100!) won't air until three weeks from now (June 13). Sure, that seems like a long time to wait, but considering some things I've been up to lately, I'll gladly take advantage of this large break to get a few things done.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Alright so quick thoughts on last week's episode: good. Stoner pony was funny, reminded me of Saints Row 2 Shaundi and Discord was as awesome as always. Smooze was also a lot cuter than I thought he/she/it would be.

Now for this week's episode. Just finished watching it and I thought it was virtually flawless. I really can't think of anything I didn't enjoy about it. I like that the map played a role again and it seems to me like Lauren Faust's original goal to make the series more adventure oriented could still come true. I was pretty surprised to see Gilda back(I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised since the episode was about going to the griffon kingdom). I loved the flashback with Dashie and Gilda as fillies(I don't know what a baby griffon would be called) and little Gilda was SOOOO ADORABLE!!! It was nice seeing Gilda reformed and actually get along with Dash and Pinkie. I hope we'll get to see more interactions with them.

By the way, is Pinkie ever going to realize that Gummi has an attention span that makes a goldfish look attentive  :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Contrary to my usual habbits of waiting for quite a while until I watch a new episode (preemptive joy and all that ;)) I already did watch The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone today.
When I read that it featured Gilda again I was too curious to delay since both, a return of Gilda and the Griffin kingdom have been on my list of things I hope to see in future MLP episodes (posted about it in a German forum).
I found this episode to be really awesome. Rainbow Dash's immitation of Twilight was hilarious, we saw Pinkie Pie at her best, I loved how they messed around with the probable expectations of the audience with regard to the Griffin kingdom turning out to be a "...total dump".
Another thing I really love is how the show makes fun of itself. In spite of the good story and all I couldn't help thinking that they were pushing the "friendship is good moral button" in a somewhat clichee kind of manner when Rainbow Dash simply worded my thoughts: "Whoa, Pinkie. That was... really sappy." :lol
That was just awesome. Same as Pinkie Pie we saw RD very much in character and her ending up in kind of a wind channel where all her flying abilities by themselves couldn't solve the problem was rather awesome. Same as the preceeding episode about Discord this one ranks among my favorites of the current season so far :yes

On another note, I have by now reached page 228 of my MLP fanfiction "Lessons in quirks"
"Lessons in quirks" part of which I have posted at fimfiction.net, if anyone is interested and has the time and leisure for it I am always happy about new readers and their feedback :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

Okay, sorry I didn't get this up until now, but I just finished watching the episode.  The reason I didn't get to it yesterday is because I got sick last night.  I'll explain in the "How are you feeling" thread later.

Anyways, this was a good episode.  I have to admit, when I first saw the title, I was half expecting Griffonstone to be somewhat akin to Ancient Egypt.  Boy did they kill my expectations.  Rainbow Dash saying it was a "total dump" pretty much summed it up.

I'm actually glad that they didn't bring Twilight.  She would have been devastated if she saw what Griffonstone had become. (Not to mention the state of the library might've made her heart stop in a bad way.) Though I do admit I liked how Rainbow Dash made fun of Twilight.  Hair-do and all. :D

Gilda returns, and MAN was she still resentful!  Not to mention I think she got a voice actor change.  I really didn't like many of the griffons.  They were SO greedy that they didn't do anything unless you gave them money.  Heck, money was more important than saving someone's life to the tour guide.

Not to mention that Pinkie was just being her usual silly self.  The way she helped Gilda in making friends was kind of creative.  It's definitely something I wouldn't have thought of.

Finally, the point where Gilda chose her friends over some idol.  I will admit it felt a bit forced, but was done rather well despite that.

Oh, and I did enjoy the flashback of young Rainbow Dash and Gilda.

All in all, a good episode that I can't hate in the end.  They did a good job.

Next up is the 100th episode!  Let's hope certain fans at least give it a chance despite it not focusing on the Mane Six.

I'm planning to take the whole week off when it appears just due to E3.  Hopefully, I can talk to my manager about it.

Well, see ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the episode overall.  It was fun to watch and had many funny moments.  Pinkie expecting gummy to finish the cake.  her calling that gryphon statue old charmer, and others.  To bad RD and Pinkie didn't stay for a day or so with Gilda, and I do hope Gilda appears again in the series.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Make New Friends but Keep Discord is one of the best S5 epsiodes until now.

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yet another good one, season 5 has yet to disappoint. Gotta love all those griffins and their designs, I'm specially fond of Grampa Gruff, he's like a turkey vulture. I loved how the griffins were given traits and elements of Southern European and Asian cultures, given their mythical origins. They're somewhat like the Toydarians from Star Wars lore as well. Gilda's return and redemption is well handled too, and it's great to see she and Dash are friends once again, not to mention she'll hopefully help Griffonstone go back to its former glory showing friendship to everygriffin.
Fun Fact: Arimaspi are a race of cyclops-like monsters from Greek mythology who were at war with griffins and constantly attempted to raid their gold. That's the creature seen in the flashbacks.
Also, Pinkie X King Grover statue is now my OTP

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was a fun episode to watch.   Sadly no more episode till June 13, which I think will be Episode 100.  

Pinkie and that statue, funny.   :lol

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No new pones till June 13th? That makes me sad  :(

Did anyone see the teaser for episode 100? I won't spoil anything but I will say that it's pretty awesome and we get the return of a certain cross eyed pony.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,May 30 2015 on  10:13 PM
No new pones till June 13th? That makes me sad  :(

Did anyone see the teaser for episode 100? I won't spoil anything but I will say that it's pretty awesome and we get the return of a certain cross eyed pony.
Let's also hope they bring back her REAL name, and when they are judged for it, they keep it rather than what they did the last time. <_<

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
While that would be pretty cool I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they'll use Derpy's real name again. They might just end up calling her Ditzy or something else. The writers probably just see it as too big a risk now after what happened.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not seen the trailer or preview.    They may call her that, or maybe something like Ms Hooves, Ms. Doo, or whatever her official canon last name is.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A certain character from way back in Season 1 is returning for the 100th episode!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/06/expe...aracter-to.html

Wonder if he still has that part of Rarity's mane on him. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The flamboyant dragon is back? I'm actually surprised we haven't seen him again before now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright!  Here's a silhouette image of some of the characters that will be in the 100th episode.  These are mainly ones who will be playing major roles.

Start making guesses, everyone! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My guesses, left to right.  Steven magnet (I think that is his canon name. I read it somewhere), ?  mayor mare, Gummy, Maybe dr Whooves, Kranky Doole Donkey, ? Lyra (I think that is her name), ? , Vinyl Scratch (think her toy name may be djpon3 maybe)

What are your folk's guesses?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is it!  Tomorrow is the 100th Episode!  Just in time for my one-week vacation from the job I hate with a passion!  I even deliberately took the time off just to see this when it airs and E3. (Not that I told my managers that, mind you. ;) )

Now, I know a number of fans already want to write this off as "WORST EPISODE EVAR!" just because it doesn't focus on the Mane Six.  However, I encourage all naysayers to give this a real chance.  Remember, this one is being different because of the fact it's the 100th episode.  I'd say it's time we gave the Mane Six a break and see what the other residents of Ponyville are like. (Or at least the way the writers imagine them.) If it's a good episode, it should be acknowledged and the little rant of the Mane Six not being focused on for the episode should be ignored.  Remember, give it a real chance.  You might actually like it.

Anyways, with that, here are the marathons leading up to the 100th episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/06/mara...ding-up-to.html

Hmm... Jurassic Park or Muppet Treasure Island.  Tough call!  Other than that, Pokemon in the morning for me! :)

See ya later! :wave