The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Place the State

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
http://www.history.com/interactives/place-the-state-game

Here's an interesting game I found. Basically, what you have to do is click and drag one of the states in the overhead bar to its correct location on the map. You get two points for correctly placing a state, but if you incorrectly place a state, it will only give you one point once you correctly place it. In the advanced level, you also get one point for correctly answering each state capital question.

There are three levels of difficulty:
-Beginner: Place the states in their correct locations until the map is filled in.
-Intermediate:Like beginner, except each state disappears once you place it, so you can't rely on other states to help you place some of them.
-Advanced: Like intermediate, except once you correctly place a state, you also have to correctly answer a multiple choice question on what the capital of that state is.

I already played this game a bit and I just got perfect scores for all three levels. (100 for beginner, 100 for intermediate, and 150 for advanced)

How well do you know U.S. geography?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
got them all right.. it was pretty easy imo..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Beginner level was easy.

Intermediate was a little bit challenging.

Expert took quite a bit of knowledge. :p

It was challenging for me...just because it's easy for one person doesn't mean it's easy for everyone else.... <_<

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Too easy? Then how about this game for a challenge:

http://www.history.com/topics/states/inter...-the-plate-game

Basically, you have to match each state name with its license plate. Each round has ten plates and you must click and drag the names, from a list of twelve, to their correct plates as they pass by on a conveyor belt. The more quickly you make a correct match, the more points you earn (1, 2, or 3, with 3 for being faster). With each round, the conveyor belt gradually speeds up (it gets really difficult to keep up by round 10). The game is over when you miss a total of 10 plates.

I've played it a few times in the last half hour and my top score at the moment is 270 points at round 14.

How well do you know the state license plates?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls