The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Members Meeting the Characters

Amaranthine · 1129 · 82939

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that the Fanfiction Award voting is over, I'd like to get back into this RP. However, after reading through where I left off, I've noticed that I was the last one in my group to say or do anything, so I'll have to wait for someone, yet again.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
In case anyone was under the impression that this RP had been put on hold (it never officially was), I'm here to announce that it's open for posting now.

If anyone has come up with any revisions or new ideas for your upcoming plans in the RP, now would be a good time to share them.

For a while now I've been rethinking my original plans for what will prompt my character's group to set off to visit the Big Water. One idea I came up with was that the Ozzy and Strut are discovered by one of the resident dinosaurs, and their presence brought to the valley's attention. Pangaea and Sparky, having sympathy for the egg stealers, offer to help them escape from the valley, thus beginning the trip to the sea. (My original idea was that the primary reason for our characters leaving would be an argument with Mr. Threehorn, but now I'm thinking that it didn't make much sense the way I had planned it, and would be a little melodramatic.)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
*forces myself to be calm from my random spazz attacks*

I don't really have any particular plans of my own yet, but I'm really excited to meet some of my favorite characters and my interactions with them (yes, I'm looking at you, Ozzy...And definitely you too, Thud).

Your ideas are always awesome and well-thought out in my opinion. I'm more than willing to follow through with any of your plans. I, for one, would certainly stick up for those little Egg Stealers!! And that current plan of helping Ozzy and Strut will most likely have less of a chance of putting us all in a depressing mood. Pangaea's character is already saddened by the previous battle/hostage situation and my character can take a while to get over negative emotions. I think less stress on the characters will be guaranteed in this new version you brought up, Pangy. :yes

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'll just restate my ideas, in case if anyone had forgotten.

My group is currently going through a small canyon. About halfway through, the come across a split in the ground, probably due to an earthshake, and they have to find a way to get across. I won't give any details, but what happens is that Chronicler barely makes it to the other side, then pushes over a dead tree to allow the rest of the group to get across. The group arrives at Ruby's old home just before sunset and Ruby takes them to the tree where they get the cure for Claw.

There's much more that I'm planning, but I'll stop there for now, since my current plans spread across many days in this RP.

- Berix

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler,Aug 4 2011 on  04:15 PM
I'll just restate my ideas, in case if anyone had forgotten.
My group is currently going through a small canyon. About halfway through, the come across a split in the ground, probably due to an earthshake, and they have to find a way to get across. I won't give any details, but what happens is that Chronicler barely makes it to the other side, then pushes over a dead tree to allow the rest of the group to get across. The group arrives at Ruby's old home just before sunset and Ruby takes them to the tree where they get the cure for Claw.

Wouldn't it be better, if Ruby was the one to do it? After all, she is quite used to running and jumping, as she had been living in dinosaur form through her entire life. ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's a reason for that, and the answer is in the details, which I won't reveal until we actually get to that point. (Though I do believe I've already talked about this plan in further detail some time ago. I guess you could say I'm trying to stop being so direct. :p )

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry for double posting, but I'd like to ask: What time of the day are we currently at in this RP? Is it still morning, or is it closer to noon? :unsure:

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At the moment it's late in morning, but not quite noon. Maybe around 10 AM in human time. :p

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, Pangaea. I noticed activity in the RP has been slow recently, so I was hoping to help pick up the pace myself. Usually, I can't just go for it, due to how my plans are timed. In this case right now... I'm trying to decide on that. I'm not sure whether to just go for it now or wait a little longer before I make my next post. :unsure:

By the way, I've recently been thinking of tons of possible plans for this RP, but it's all over such a long-term stretch of time that I think it's best to not simply spill it all out at once. I'll reveal each piece as we move along.

- Berix

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Sorry for the absence, on vacation. So, what's up with the RP?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As far as I can tell, not much. I just checked the RP and it looks like there have been only 8 posts after your latest one on July 28, so I'm sure you can catch up on your own.

You know, I've just noticed that I seem to be taking up most of this discussion these days. True, I had volunteered to help run this RP a few times before. I've been thinking recently that maybe we're lacking a clear plan. Perhaps I can offer more ideas? Or maybe I'm just too focused on speeding up progress around here? :unsure:  (that's pretty much what killed the only RP I ever started.)

Then again, now that I'm back in college, I don't think that even I can be here more often than most of us. :unsure:

- Berix

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I’m sorry. I’m sure a big part of the lack of activity is my fault for not posting. :oops

Personally, Chronicler, I don’t think we need to worry too much about a lack of planning. I know that you and I (and, by extension, the other players whose characters are accompanying ours on our respective trips to the Mysterious Beyond and the Big Water) have fairly good ideas of what we’re going to be doing in the near future of the RP. However, we have yet to hear much from those players whose characters are remaining in the Great Valley (to my knowledge, these include: The Great Valley Guardian, LBTFan13, Cancerian Tiger, Jasper, Belmont, and Kor, if he’s still playing) as far as what they plan to do. (No offense of any kind meant, of course.) It would be nice to know if any of you had any plans in mind, though I’m not demanding by any means. :angel

For those who would find a memory refresher helpful, this post post (made way back in March :blink:) outlines the plans originally devised for upcoming events in the RP. Granted, Chronicler has added onto Subplot 3 considerably (here’s
here’s one of his updates), and in Subplot 2, my characters’ motivation for leaving the Great Valley is now different (see this post), and there are some other updates to be made, but I think most of what we planned back then still applies. (I could make an updated version of that post if necessary, to reflect changes and additions to the plans.) I’m still uncertain on when I should have Screech and Thud break ties with Red Claw (I feel like I should do something with those three soon).

Rest assured, I will be posting in the RP soon (I’m in the midst of writing a post, and just need to find a way to convert all my danged thoughts into something coherent :bang), and with luck I’ll……no, better stop there; don’t want to provoke Murphy’s Law like I do every other time I promise something. :rolleyes

P.S. Forgive me if I seem a little…disjointed in my writing. I need some sleep…

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Argh! I'm so sorry; I can't believe it took me four days to write that RP post! :bang Anyway, I have finally posted in the RP. Be warned, it is an extremely long post (part of the reason I took so much time to write it), but it's also a fairly important one, which I'm hoping will help jump-start some action in this RP, knock on wood. Basically, I've set into motion the chain of events which will lead to a group of characters* traveling to the Big Water.

*This group will contain Pangaea, Guido, Ozzy, Strut, and Sparky for sure; I don't know how many other players who had considered sending their characters along are still present and/or interested.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
I was very impressed with the length of your post, Pangy. I was like "whoa....AWESOME!!!" Great job, buddy!! :DD

I think it's great we're trying to move things along. Maybe that'll get people to be more active here. Plus, it's nearing the end of summer vacation time, so maybe that'll help too!!

SQUEE!!! I'm love this SOOOOOOOOO much!!!!

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's nice to see some activity in this RP, despite how busy everyone seems to be these days. However, I can't help but notice that I'm the only one in my group to have done anything recently. :unsure:  If this is what happens when I'm not in the main group, then maybe I should stick to the Great Valley, after my current plans. :unsure:

- Berix

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well then, now that I have attempted to make a return, hopefully I can do more in the RP than I have in recent months. Hopefully GVG is still around because I know he and I were in the middle of something.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Yes, of course my good friend... I am always here... lurking, watching, stalking from the shadows! *insert evil laughter* So if everyone is ready we may continue.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoops…should've checked this thread before sending PMs to players who hadn't posted in a while. :slap Sorry about that, GVG. :oops

Anyway, I've sent reminders about the RP to vonboy, Myrkin, Kor, Jasper, and (needlessly) GVG. Everyone else still here? Cancerian Tiger? LBTDiclonius? Redtooth? Belmont?

Also, does anyone need a refresher on what's going on in the RP right now, and what's coming up? I'd like to make sure everyone's on the same page, though I also think we shouldn't give away too much of our respective plans; it might take some of the fun out of the game if every detail of what we'll be doing is known to everyone ahead of time. :p

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm here, just lurking around like someone up there. *Smiles evilly*

Anyway, school's a pain, eh? I'll post in the RP as soon as I can, also when I get out of my bad case of writers block. Either way, I'm still in this. :)