The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
So I think the first thing you thought of when you saw that particular title is a big, fat "What the heck is a 6teen?" or something along those lines. Well, I am pretty new around here, but you probably noticed my profile pic and my usertitle. So you can probably reason that I'm pretty into this show. :DD Since it's pretty obscure, I decided to make a thread to introduce you all to it.

Check out the show on YouTube!

6teen is essentially a show about a group of six lovable teens hanging out in a giant mall, growing up, getting jobs and learning life lessons. The main teens have a lot of differences, but they have a very strong friendship and love each other's company.

The main six teens are as follows:
Jude Lizowski - If you've heard of a character from this show before now, it's probably him. Chill, friendly skater dude who loves food. Pretty ditzy at first glance, but smarter than he appears. And as a bonus, he's voiced by Christian Potenza aka Chris McLean!
Jonesy Garcia - The mall's local Casanova Wannabe, who loves hitting on chicks. Though his attempts to score a date usually backfire in hilarious ways. Every episode or so, he'll get hired at a new job, but get fired later. A great "lovable jerk" character.
Caitlin Cooke - My favorite character! A fashion-obsessed blonde who works at a lemonade stand. She loves shopping and is very boy-crazy. Occasionally she's shallow, but she's just so kind and sweet and funny! I wish I had a friend like her in real life :wub
Jen Masterson - If the word 'adorkable' was a character, it'd probably be Jen. An often-unlucky employee of the Penalty Box. She has a bossy, controlling streak, but she's incredibly caring and is always there to give her friends advice if they need it. I may or may not ship her with Caitlin heh
Nikki Wong - A sarcastic tomboy with a slight mean streak to her, Nikki is unlucky enough to be stuck working at the Khaki Barn with the shallowest girls around. She's cynical and abrasive, but has a gooey, soft center. She might remind you of someone ;)Cera
Wyatt Williams - A gentle soul and the group's local musician. He loves coffee and music, and has emotional tendencies. He's pretty shy among women and frequently needs romantic advice from his friends, but is a very good-hearted friend and boyfriend, though he has some occasional crazy tendencies.

There's a ton of other characters too. You're bound to find at least one you connect with! That's the great thing about this show; it has so many great, likable characters (and some pretty unlikable ones too lol). There's something for everyone here.

In general this is just such a comfortable, nice show to me. I can't get enough of it - it helped me through some truly tough times, and when I'm stressed, it really helps me to give it a watch. It always helps me feel happy again :^^spike Especially Caitlin, she's so adorable :ChomperImAwesome

I'm hoping you guys enjoy this show. It's a brainchild of Tom McGillis and Jennifer Pertsch, who would later go on to do Total Drama! And it definitely has a lot of that same show's charm. 6teen is responsible for a good amount of friendships I currently have and that's honestly crazy for me to think about.

Well, that's enough from me. Valleyfornia out! :)petrie
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I will admit that I had seen this show back in the late 2000s, back when it and the similar shows Stoked and (my personal favorite at the time) Total Drama were on Cartoon Network. My sister definitely liked watching all of them, mostly because she believed "Canadian cartoons are better". While I was okay with seeing 6teen and Stoked when they were on, I was never really that interested in them.

Total Drama, on the other hand, I definitely loved watching the first three seasons back then, and if you're willing to do some forum digging, you might find the old discussion topic where brekclub85 and I used to talk quite a bit about it. I remember the reason I stopped watching Total Drama was because the premiere of the fourth season was postponed twice for editing to prevent being perceived as being insensitive to the Fukushima nuclear disaster that was occurring at the time, which made me fear the show's quality that season would suffer badly as a result (a real concern for me, as I was well aware of how significantly edited the American version I saw was from the original Canadian version), so I never bothered to watch that fourth season and eventually stopped following the series entirely. Though it's possible the later seasons may have been just fine, I'm not going to bother catching up on it, as I've long since moved on to other interests.

(I sure wouldn't mind seeing you in the My Little Pony discussion topic, especially since an entirely new series will soon be getting underway.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

HotelValleyfornia

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, I remember when you and Brek discussed the early seasons of Total Drama in the bygone days of World Tour and Revenge of the Island WAAAAAAY back when I lurked this forum 10 years ago. :OhYou I remember Heather was my favorite character at the time. Heck, she was my favorite for a LONG while. Then Total Drama Pahkitew Island happened and I got introduced to Dave. I know he wasn't popular in the fandom, but I for one loved the little guy :petrieLOL Still do. Though my favorites rn are Devin and Stephanie from the Ridonculous Race spinoff.

Yeah, Total Drama has always stood out among FreshTV's cartoons for most people. It's understandable why, it has a really fun concept and a great cast of characters. TD was my favorite show for YEARS before I tried out FreshTV's other works and found out how well they resonated with me. I can't wait for the new seasons, whenever they come out :CeraHAPPY

And it's pretty great to know you saw some of Stoked as well. That cartoon's always been pretty underrated IMO. The finale "Grom Fest" stunk worse than Yellowbelly flatulence though... :doofahCringe

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I am enlightened. Thanks for this primer on 6teen. I believe I may have seen and episode or two. I’ll check it out.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@HotelValleyfornia  Jude really looks like Jason (Mondo Gecko as a human).

Continued from our PMs for info.

HotelValleyfornia

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
@HotelValleyfornia  Jude really looks like Jason (Mondo Gecko as a human).

Continued from our PMs for info.

WHOA, he does! He looks really cool too :smile

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
6Teen has been one of my favorite cartoon sitcoms since it's first airing on TV. Sadly, I can't find it on TV; good thing there's a YouTube channel with all the episodes uploaded. After nearly 18 years, I still love this show; and I never get tired of it. I also love how it's not just for kids.

HotelValleyfornia

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
6Teen has been one of my favorite cartoon sitcoms since it's first airing on TV. Sadly, I can't find it on TV; good thing there's a YouTube channel with all the episodes uploaded. After nearly 18 years, I still love this show; and I never get tired of it. I also love how it's not just for kids.

Yay! I'm glad to see another fan of this show on here. :DD Who's your favorite character and what are your favorite episodes, out of curiosity?

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I like all the Christmas themed episodes; each season had one; except for season 4. I also liked the one where Jen's mom and Jonesy's dad get married (The Wedding Destroyers, from season 2). There's an episode from season 1 where Jen's paranoid of losing her friends whenever her older sister is around. (It's Always Courtney, Courtney, Courtney). I also love the episode where the gang shares their most embarrassing moments and Caitlin blabs and is temporarily ostracized by the others; she redeems herself in the end. (Pillow Talk).

Caitlin and Jude are two of my favorite characters; though, I sometimes ship Caitlin and Jen.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 04:57:45 PM by Littlefoot fan 1990 »

HotelValleyfornia

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I like all the Christmas themed episodes; each season had one; except for season 4. I also liked the one where Jen's mom and Jonesy's dad get married (The Wedding Destroyers, from season 2). There's an episode from season 1 where Jen's paranoid of losing her friends whenever her older sister is around. (It's Always Courtney, Courtney, Courtney). I also love the episode where the gang shares their most embarrassing moments and Caitlin blabs and is temporarily ostracized by the others; she redeems herself in the end. (Pillow Talk).

Caitlin and Jude are two of my favorite characters; though, I sometimes ship Caitlin and Jen.

Fellow Caitlin fan, yay! And a fellow Jen/Caitlin shipper, double yay! :DD :celebrate I love our silly blonde girly-girl :duckyhappy