The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

lbt on wiki

stars · 21 · 2356

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i was on wiki a found a thing that said a land before time movie is going to be in the movies from the tv show but who knows if its true or not.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds far-fetched.  Did ya see where a nonexistent "LBT IMAX" page is located beneath it?  LBT is a popular series, but since when is a series going to do IMAX this far along the road?  If it were the 90's, I could see that happening, but let's reluctantly face it.  LBT is not quite as big as it used to be :(.  Until we see a cited page for this, don't believe it.  Sorry I have to burst your happy bubble :bang.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Who knows sometimes movie sequels unexpectedly go on IMAX.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jan 9 2009 on  04:24 AM
Sounds far-fetched.
What does that mean?

Yea. Most probably it's false since anyone can edit wikipedia. I guess we have to rely on the bigger sources.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Never trust Wikipedia for facts.  Go there for fun and hang out, but don't believe everything you read on there.

I've also found that if you're doing a report on a subject you know everything about that Wikipedia is a good resource, but other than that, using it for facts just isn't advisable.  If you really want truthful facts, go get a good encyclopedia program.  I'm not talking one of those free ones you can download or those crap $9 ones from walmart.  I'm talking expensive and very large.  For example, my encyclopedia program is on 9 DVDs.  Installed it takes up over 30gb.  Now that's a good encyclopedia.  I've never had to do a report and not had enough information from that program.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
2-D animation will not likely benefit from an IMAX presentation.  Probably would look worse.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My guess is they'd have to do either a special version for Imax, or prepare the next movie with 2 versions, regular and Imax.  Have you seen the cameras the Imax cameramen use, they are huge and the film can thing has to be sideways, at least last time I saw a show about how Imax films are made.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Those edits were made today, by an unregistered IP address. They are undeniably false. I've reverted them, thanks for pointing them out to me.

EDIT: This might have contributed to the rumors somewhat.

Speaking as the ex-head of the LBT Wiki, I have to agree with what landbeforetimelover said. While me and several other users do our best to ensure the wiki is as accurate as possible, there will always be vandals who like to add fake stuff. Treat anything you read on there with a grain of salt. In this case, the "new movie" information was 1) uncited, 2) added today, 3) by an anonymous IP address. All these are signs that the information is false.

If you want to trust something written there, first make sure it's also got a citation at the bottom of the page showing where the information came from, then check to make sure the site being cited is trustworthy (somebody once added a citation from The Onion  :rolleyes ) Once you see the information came from a reliable source, then you can start passing it on to others.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, citations are really a good way of proving if any information is false. :yes

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well I'm going to start looking around to see if the info is either true or false. Right now it's 50/50 chance that it's true or false.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Even though realize the fact that a lot of films have either gone IMAX or is will in the future.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds far-fetched.

What does that mean?
"Far-fetched" basically means "very unlikely to happen". :)

Anyway, I agree, I'd be extremely happy to see something like LBT in the theatre, however I have nothing but doubt on that actually happening.  :(

LB&T, much appreciated. ;)

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
If there ever was a LBT movie in the movies i wonder what one would be shown? I know not all of them.  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :cry2
Anyway i wonder if this was about LBT 14?
 once again i saw it on the same page coming in 2009 would be LBT 14.
 We will see about that. Im not giving up on LBT now, i will just wait and see what really happens and still hope for the best.:yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be interesting if they would release the next movie, or a past one, to the theaters.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
LBT, who runs the LBT wiki if it isn't you?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
^While I was the one who resurrected it, and promoted all of the current admins, a user named Wilhelmina Will has easily done more for the wiki. She created all the new pages, constructed the currently-used form of nominating pages and images, uploaded most of the images (second only to Kor in that regard :) ) made it Spotlight-worthy, and has an average of like ten edits a day. I passed the baton to her, since I felt she deserved it. I still edit over there, but from the sidelines (kinda like I always did).

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just to tell everyone straight up, not getting into any details, but is there a possibility that the LBT series might be cross-overed with another movie?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't think so, why? Thre isn't even any evidence that it'll be continued itself. Are you referring to the "LBT meets Curious George IMAX" stuff that was posted on LBT Wiki today? I can assure you the information is false and has been reverted.