The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My new theory on the Rainbow Faces

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was watching Life After People on the History Channel a few hours ago. As I watched it, I came up with a new theory about those Rainbow Faces from LBT 7. It's complex, but interesting.

Basically, this theory states that the Rainbow Faces, as a race, are not aliens but were once just like the rest of the dinosaurs on Earth. At one time, they became so intelligent, they began to develop civilization. Eventually, the dinosaur world resembles the human world, in place of humans are the Rainbow Faces. They eventually realize that by building civilization, they are severely damaging the planet. It soon becomes clear that the only solution is to end civilization. Instead of dieing off, they choose to leave the planet and become citizens of space. Nearly everything they leave behind disappears after only a few hundred years. Some Rainbow Faces chose to stay behind and abandoned civilization, explaining their appearances in LBT 9 and 11. Many dinosaurs become determined to not end up like the Rainbow Faces, so they limit their area of thought.

Like I said, this theory is very complex, but quite interesting. This theory might even inspire some fanfiction. What do you think of this theory?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I've always thought that they were just visiting aliens from another planet studying the species that existed on earth and they didn't disguise themselves very well. :p

arrogantrex

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I actually had a conversation like this once with some friends while I was under the influence. It's not a bad theory, but the badly disguised aliens theory is also just as likely.  :lol  :lol

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Some things will never be known.

I'm leaning towards the aliens theory. (Because I just watched 2 straight hours of UFO Files on the History Channel!)

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If the Rainbow Faces had built a human-style civilization, it'd go without saying that that would be a pretty awesome place to live. Yet in most of the narrator's opening monologues, he talks about how the entire planet is harsh and dangerous, and "the one place" where dinosaurs can live in safety and harmony is the Great Valley. That would imply that there are no other dinosaur sanctuaries on earth, such as your city.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Though if I recall corectly, and I do have the dvd now to check ( :DD ) Didn't Doc say there are places just as nice as the great valley?  

It's possible the rainbow faces could be either aliens in a disquise, or former inhabitants of the earth who came back to check on the current inhabitants to see how they are doing, is there any sign of them developing a civilization ect.    They may have left for any sort of reason, disaster, ect.    

I like the way they don't really say, so one could say this or that, and have an equal chance of it being correct.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, and I just realized that the Berry Valley from LBT13 could technically qualify as a haven also. Not to mention that, if what The Chronicler said was true, the civilization no longer existed, and therefore wouldn't be mentioned by the narrator. Guess I struck out with that theory.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could have existed, but if something happened say 1,000 years ago or even 300 years ago and 1,000 miles or farther to the east, or another continent then it is possible no one within hundreds of miles of the great valley, or on that continent has ever heard of it.

Any theory is just a possible to be true as any other theory when it comes to the rainbow faces, and certain other things about LBT also.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile

I suppose I could have made a whole civilization if I wanted to, I never thought of that.  Oh but what fun would THAT be, talking to myself was boring enough.  Intelligent discussion is highly overrated you know.  It's far more entertaining to speak with lesser lifeforms.  

On that note!  GREETINGS MORTALS! You know earth species of that time were so brainless and repugnant even I couldn't spice things up enough to prevent me from yawning!  I'm saying to myself, Self? This species thrives on drama, hence the whole eating each other thing.  I suppose I could have put them directly INTO another creature's mouth.  But THAT would have been even less interesting.  Was Picard REALLY the highlight of your pathetic planet?

And I meant for the water to dissolve the rock.  At least then things might of gotten good.  

Oh, the rainbow coloring on my faces?  Purely to ridicule the populus.  Once again my humor is wasted on peons.  

Humans.  PFFT!

*vanish*

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Q would do something like that, wouldn't he? That's probably the most reasonable solution I've heard yet.  :lol

Except the male Rainbow face actually shows compassion, and helps the dinosaurs in need. That means Q's gotta be the female one.  :blink:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Or maybe Q took Picard with him, so it may have been Picard who shows compassion :DD .
 I agree that this will never be solved unless we can get some extra canon info (which is unlikely). Who are the Rainbow Faces? they could be aliens or spirirts of the sky checking on the dinosaurs of the Great Valley, I believe they had the disguise of those kind of dinos for a reason, that's why we can see other Raiinbow Faces-like dinosaurs in later movies, but they are just people checking hoiw are things on Earth or they just wanted to be guides as a test was developing (that would explain that stone of cold fire) it wasn't really magical (at least this wasn't) but it was a test.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is also one that shows up often in the movies and has a spoken line that looks like a rainbowface but lacks the 2 extra bands of color around the blue spot on his beak or muzzle or whatever you call it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Can you give a specific scene from a movie that it appears in? I don't recall seeing it (actually, now that I think about it, I kinda do, but I can't think where).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd have to go and watch all the movies and tv episodes to get the scenes, but there is one in a song on Pokeplayer984's youtube site near the beginning of the song Creepy Crawlies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmzznNWFFQ

Sounds like a male to me, and he lacks the 2 color stripes so isn't a true rainbowface, maybe another variety or species.  I don't recall anyone ever referring to him by name.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
That wouldn't surprise me. Barely anyone is given a name in LBT except guest stars (and occasionally just in the credits, like Kosh).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, and Mrs Mia in one movie, though she only had a cameo.  It could be her in the amazing three horn girl.    Most are never named.

WeisseEdelweiss

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://weisse.edelweiss.sheezyart.com/
I believe they were aliens. A major clue is that flash of light and the camera panning up away from Little foot. We don't get to see them leave until the "meteor" flies across the screen. (If I remember correctly.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Possible, though some would interpret it in other ways.  Also the forms we saw them in may, or may not, be their true forms.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile

Hello there?  Answer to your simplistic quandary speaking?  I love how you label anyone not from that little dust speck you live out your minuscule lives on as "Alien".    It's rather quaint by the way.

I wasn't ON the meteor, and I'm not telling who was either.  I personally had a more pressing engagement than making a mockery of what could have potentially been your ancestors.  And might I add they probably would have developed into something far more interesting than a bunch of snores like you.

Enough about you, lets talk about something less depressing.  Something wondrous and full of grandeur, like me!  You see, when you don't that oppressive thing called time around you can do fun things.   Like... oh I don't know, this is just off the top of my head but something like go back and manipulate a bunch of naive kids into being something OTHER than brainless lumps of meat and bone.  Or say, spoil wiseendwise's fun by telling them that the only non-platonic attention Petrie ever gets is from a horrifically ugly pachycephalosaur (Of course I couldn't tell as they're all ugly mind you) in the back of the short-bus, on what would equate to prom night.

~Q