The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long Tail

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
@Kor: Yeah I know not every chapter has to end in a cliffhanger and not all of them will...but like a friend of mine once said "Screwing with people is fun!: :DD :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some find it fun, and likely some do not, depends on the individual.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now for Chapter 13! Reviews are welcome!

A meeting with a Twist

His heart was racing, his mind was clouded, he just couldn’t believe his sister, the leader of the rebellion was dead. His rage knew no bound….and he swore he’d make that flyer pay….but first he’d make the child suffer.

“I think it’s time I repaid the child a little visit…”

Meanwhile in the Valley…five days later…..

As they sat wanting for the conversation, or more like the argument to come to a close for the third time today, they were all wondering the same thing

“I just wish Longtail was here to stop their fighting.” Sighed Ducky

“The only reason they’re fighting at all is because Longtail is missing.” said Ali without looking back

Then Petrie spoke up from atop Littlefoots’ head “What that?”

Littlefoot moved his eyes to look up at where Petrie was commenting and said “It’s just a leaf blowing in a wind, nothing more.”

But Petrie wasn’t convinced; he then called out to his mother…who then answered

“Yes Petrie?” Then she looked up at where her son was pointing, and squinted her eyes to see what it was. “It looks like a leaf.” Said Littlefoots grandma in reply,

But when Petrie looked down to meet his mother’s gaze, he was surprised to see her face was still staring into the sky at the object floating down on the wind….but as it got closer those who were actually looking at it could see it was becoming more and more pronounced.

“It looks like….like…no it can’t be!!” cired grandpa longneck

“It is…” retorted Petries’ mother

And with that Longtail slowly but surely came gliding down on a current of air that no one in the meeting circle could tell existed. Then he landed without making so much as a sound directly in the middle of the circle, but with the exception of Littlefoot’s grandparents and Petrie’s mother none of the others had so much as noticed his unheard arrival. But he looked noticeably different, he was wearing two leafs like a green cape wrapped around his neck with a vine holding the leaves in place.

Then those who had seen the young flyers silent arrival seemed too stunned to speak or even mumble to each other. He continued to stand there and then when everyone else noticed his presence, only then did he spread his wings and bow.

Longtails uncle then took the opprutunity to walk, or more like run up to his nephew, then did a few sniffs, then patted him on the head, slowly wrapped his hands around him and said

“It’s been five bright circles….” then he did something unexpected and violently rocked his nephew back and forth finishing his sentence “…where have you been!?”

When only silence and a genuine smile responded to the rainbow face…he asked again slowly…

“My dear relative, you have been missing for five bright circles….many of us were worried sick about you…now I’ll ask again…where have you been?”

However this time Longtail chose to speak…”I have been up in there…”

Everyone else looked up and his uncle Cyrix said “The sky......THE SKY!?”

Longtail nodded at his uncle and then mentioned

“Hiding in the sky puffs all day….just thinking to myself, wondering what could’ve been, what will be, and how best to handle such problems….but after five circles of this I’m tired.”

“And let me guess hungry as well…right?” retorted Cyrix, then Cera whispered to Littlefoot and the others….

“Of course he’s hungry….he eats like spike…I’m surprised he lasted five days…let alone five minutes…”

This of course received lighthearted chuckles from everyone…but there attention was taken back to the center when Longtail asked…

“Where’s Terri?”

This statement caught many by surprise as they hadn’t seen Onyx or Terri for a while…. “I think she’s with her father….why do you ask?” called a voice everyone recognized as….

“Uncle Pterano!!” beamed Petrie as he flew into his uncle’s embrace. “Yes Petrie it’s me….I’m glad to see your safe.”

Naturally however Pterano wasn’t exactly popular among the valley herd but just as some of them were going to voice a protest…someone beat them to it. The voice was subtle, and was filled with fear and suffering….

"H-help-m-m-me...p-please...some....one..."

“TERRI!!” cried Longtail as she stepped out into the light of the day circle and revealed the scars, bruises, and one very swollen black eye.

At that point Longtail broke his hug with his uncle, ran over to her, catching her as she fell, and gently laid her onto the grass…then she whispered….

“Please…don’t be…..a-angry with him….I just…s-s-spoke out of turn.” And with that Terri rested her head against Longtail’s stomach and passed out into a deep slumber.

His pulse quickened, he began to shake, his anger boiling up inside of him….so much pain…then the flashback came of his mother’s demise and that was the final push….

Longtail’s right eye dilated again and shifted colors back into it’s yellow shine….then he stood up…removed the leafs from around his neck, placed them around Terri to keep her warm….then turned to the valley herd and asked….

“Where is Onyx?” said Longtail…and when he didn’t receive an answer he took one step forward and everyone else took one step backwards….all remembering what he did to Dark-tooth.

Longtail then dug his feet into the ground beneath him just to stop himself from walking any further and scaring the other dinosaurs. Then he said….

“I will NOT ask nicely again…now where…is…Onyx?

When silence was still all he recived he unclenched his feet from the dirt, and inhaled as if he were getting ready to scream, just then someone cleared their throat and clearly stated:

“I believe he lives in the cave above the bubbling mud pits….” And as everyone gazed into the trees once more to see it was Pterano who had spoken….

Then Grandpa Longneck slowly said “Now Longtail I don’t want you to…” but as he looked down to face the flyer, only then did he and the rest of the elders in the meeting circle realize that:

“He’s gone…” Stated Mr. Thicknose “….but to where?” asked Tria

“Well that’s a stupid question…” said Topsy as he and the others came out of their fear induced state
“…he went to find Onyx….and after what we saw with that sharptooth….I really hope Onyx doesn’t say anything to upset the child.”

(A/N: This part will be seen through the eyes and ears of the dinosaurs in the meeting circle..)

From where they sat, everyone had a very clear view of the cave Onyx and his daughter supposedly lived in…then a sound like a rock slide could be heard coming from that very same cave….but no one expected what came next…

The entrance to the cave and the surrounding rock formations exploded almost as if they had been struck by sky-fire…and out of the dust and debris was none other than Onyx…and following close behind was Longtail…and together both flyers landed in the nearby tar pit.

“No he’ll drown…” cried one of the elders “...then we must go after them!” called Pterano from high in the sky.

As most of the elders headed towards the tar pits they couldn’t hear anything…

And upon approaching the pits made a horrible discovery…as neither Onyx or Longtail could be seen…and after about two minutes of waiting almost certaintly knew there was no way either of them could have survived…but just as they were going to turn away, a bubble appeared larger than the rest in the pit…and it was getting bigger with each passing second…

Then the bubble exploded, and out shot a blur of color, although no one could tell what it was….they could be sure of this…at least one of them had made it out of the bubbling tar alive...

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And we have to wait to see who it is since it is a cliffhanger.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Mmm, this is getting more interesting, and I have a feeling this is going to turn out better :yes

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now onto the next chapter Enjoy and review!

Chapter 14- A flyer as Black as Tar!

As the bubble of the tar exploded, a blur could be seen streaking towards the sky and that streak was none other than….Longtail,…but as he ascended into the sky he remembered very clearly what led to this point…

(A/N: another flashback)

Longtail moved with a purpose….and didn’t bother to look back, knowing that he had only one goal in mind…..FIND ONYX!

He arrived at Onyx’s cave in a matter of minutes, and when he landed he wasn’t quite about it…..

"ONYX!!!!!” cried Longtail at the top of his lungs.

And of course the cave was pretty dark, but still clearly visible in the darkness was Onyx, with blood staining his wings….blood that Longtail knew wasn’t his own. Then Longtail stated…….

“You hurt Terri…..So help me I WILL kill you where you stand….” But Onyx chose that moment to speak up

“Oh you don’t need to worry about her….she simply spoke out of turn….” Then Longtail interrupted

“No….you SHUT UP….I don’t listen to others who hurt my friends…..” then Onyx stated very firmly and matter-of-factly….

“I know what you are….*Guardian….” at that point Longtail was caught completely off guard…..

ëHow did he know….I haven’t told anyone…not even Terri….’ Longtail said to himself

“Surely you’ve seen it….” Said Onyx….. “The aura around our bodies….well I’ve seen yours….the first day we had the pleasure of meeting….you know you saw it around me as well….”

Then he did remember seeing what looked like a very fine mist surrounding Onyx before he disappeared five days ago……

(Que= play ëCrawling’ by Linkin park)

“I don’t care if you know or not, but I will make you pay for the pain you caused Terri!” cried Longtail.

“But if I know what you are then that must make me one as well” said Onyx with a devilish grin on his face and Longtail was once again left speechless…..

“….and if I’m a guardian….and Terri’s my daughter……then that means…..”

“That would make Terri….a….a…” stuttered Longtail

“A-a-a- yeah a Guardian…..you little fool.” muttered Onyx as he stepped towards Longtail with a dark look in his eyes.

Longtail then chose that moment to bring the claws on his wings into attack position…and CHARGED!

But of course Onyx saw this move coming and sidestepped him and back-handed Longtail into the wall in the back of the cave….then said…

“I also know you are half sharptooth…..and you are out for blood…..”

Longtail then rolled onto his feet, and said… “Then you know…you might just lose you life here…”

And before Onyx could respond Longtail took a deep breath held it for two or three seconds and  let loose a massive screech, loud enough to crack the rocks inside and outside the cave…

(A/N: If you’ve seen the LBT TV series Longtails scream sounds a lot like Red Claws, only on a much louder scale...)

The cave began to shake violently and started to collapse around them and still Longtail didn’t stop screaming, and the screech only got louder and louder…..too loud for Onyx to stand…or the cave for that matter as the entrance exploded sending Onyx down into the bubbling tar pits below his cave…

“You think you can escape me by falling into a tar pit….you don’t know how far I’ll go to protect my friends!”

And with that Longtail jumped out of the cave and landed in the tar pit just seconds after Onyx….and even inside the tar pit itself…the fight went on…..

Although Longtail couldn’t remember much of the fight inside the pit….he did know one thing….he had to get out before he drowned…then he began to wonder if the same trick could work twice…

ëWell…’ he thought to himself ëonly one way to find out!’

Then Longtail inhaled what few air bubbles existed in the pit of black, gooey tar and screamed once more, creating his own air bubble that would fortunately save both Onyx and Longtail….that’s when Longtail saw his chance and pushed off a well placed rock and burst through the bubble into the light blue sky……

(End Song…..and flashback)

And with that Longtail was once again ready to tackle the issue at hand, upon watching as the bubble popped sending Onyx up and out sparing his life as well and by luck, or chance he landed away from the tar pits however he did land on his back and slid several feet towards the rest of the herd.

Then just to ensure Onyx wouldn’t do anything stupid Longtail landed, and placed his right foot on Onyx throat and held him still.

Then the rest of the valley dinosaurs finally appeared in the clearing, and were amazed by what they saw…Onyx lying face first on the ground, with none other than Longtail standing above him with one foot holding Onyx to the ground…

And with that Onyx managed to gurgle something to the other grown ups…

“Tell them what you are…child…” but was abruptly silenced when Longtail put more pressure on his neck, making it clear he wanted Onyx to be quiet.

“I’ll tell them, after we’re done with you…and ONLY then…do you understand?” asked Longtail while whispering into Onyxs ear.

As everyone else walked into the center looking for answers, Longtail said only one thing:

“We need to talk.....”

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An interesting scene.  The writing appears well done.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know first hand how life and work in general can get in the way of being on friendly sites such as this...but so few reviews....:cry Oh well! Next update in a few days! Look for it!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they are waiting for your next part before they review.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't been getting many reviews on my fanfiction either. Oh well, I'm sure there's a good reason for it. I'm not reviewing this fanfic yet because I've read it at fanfiction.net and I'm choosing to wait until you start posting chapters here that haven't been posted there.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@ Kor: You may be right...I guess posting the next chapter within the next few days will prove that :D

@ Chronicler: Its nice to hear that...I may update my FF.net version soon as well. However because of college work, I haven't had time to update or create any more chapters

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Like everybody I know how school, college or university (in my case) takes some serious time from us. But I know you'll find the time to post and create new chapters, just don't rush to make them to avoid getting bad results (like having the story in a way you don't like it).
 So, GVG and Chronicler. keep up the great work :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A comfortable pace that easily fits your schedule is best, and can be said for many things.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah...I'm bored again! Here ya go! Chapter 15

But first let me give you a short bio on the upcoming characters...

This group of sharpteeth don’t belong to me, but a good friend of mine on deviantart.com and he let me use these powerful creatures in my fan-fic so here we go….but first a little bio on who  they are and there group name….

Okay. First of all, Saurischia is actually a term meaning "Lizard-hipped," and is also a class of dinosaur.

These are the group names:

Bleeding Heart: A massive black sharptooth with a red blotch on his chest, he leads a gang of exceptionally dangerous sharpteeth known as the Saurischia.

Kori: A blue female whose name is Japanese for "ice." She was found and brought up by Bleeding Heart, and has always been loyal to him. But lately, she has begun to question her loyalties and her master's methods.

Blackfoot: A gray male with black feet (hence the name) and Bleeding Heart's-next-in command. Cold and intellectual, he is one of the most intelligent sharpteeth around.

Rahzorr: A red male with a missing eye and a violent temper, incredibly fast and equally strong.

Leviathan: A bluish-gray sharptooth with an affinity for water and a stealth master. She could walk right next to a leaf-eater and they'd never know it.

Jodo: An orange sharptooth who lost his eyes in an accident, but his hearing and sense of smell are both sharper than any eyes could ever be.

And now onto the story!

Chapter 15- A Deadly new Alliance

It had been days since he started towards the Valley, but he honestly didn’t want to admit that he was lost.

“Oh crud…” cursed Dark-eye. “I can’t believe I’ve been traveling for so long without finding….”

But just then he came across a swamp, but he knew it had to have some sort of living creatures inside, which meant…..

“I think it’s time for a little snack!”  and with that he stalked into the mist filled swamp….and little did he know…he was in for a big surprise.

Just as Dark-eye was about to obtain his next meal, being a small mouse, he accidentally missed the mouse completely and instead bit down on the tail of very big, black and obviously deadly sharptooth.  The previously sleeping sharptooth opened his eyes to reveal two very pissed off orange irises and looked back at the thing that had the nerve to bite his tail…

“Well, well, well….” Said Bleeding Heart….and for just a moment Dark-eye wished his sister were here…at least she could command respect….but him….

ëI think I just signed my death stone!’

But to Dark-eye’s amazement the giant black sharptooth just laughed….rather loudly as several other sharpteeth appeared out of the mist…however the rest of them were smaller then the black one of course.

“Do you know what we do with trouble makers around here…little one?” asked the Bleeding Heart.

“N-N-No, I-I don’t…” croaked Dark-eye

“Well then….join my squad and you won’t have to find out…..the hard way. And just so you know, you are to address me as Bleeding Heart, if you forget my name even once while talking to me…..well…”

He chuckled at the though of what had happened to the last sharptooth to forget his name, then finished his sentence…

“Let’s just say, you’ll get a kick out of what happens.” Then he flashed this hellish grin at Dark-eye, and just like every other sharptooth before him…Dark-eye shuddered, fell to his knees and stated

“What is your bidding…master Bleeding Heart.”

At this point Bleeding Heart laughed again, only this time it was louder, harder, and almost shook the entire swamp…

Then one of the smaller sharpteeth spoke up…

“Wait, master…I think I know this one…”

When Dark-eye turned to see who had spoken…he didn’t see anything and then the disembodied voice said

“His name is Dark-eye, younger brother to the infamous Dark-tooth…my, my, how did such a mischievous sharptooth wander into our little swamp?”

Then Dark-eye made an observation…

“You’re a girl, aren’t you?”

“You may have a place here yet!” whispered the sharptooth as she stepped out of the surrounding mist, and into view.

“This is my step-daughter Korj…” said Bleeding Heart

“…I found her as a hatchling and raised her like my own…”

“so…where is your lovely sister?” asked Korj

Almost immediately Dark-eye wanted to kill the nearest living thing, however the closest living being was Bleeding Heart…and he knew that would be a very, very stupid move…so he did the only thing he could do…and told them

“My sister was killed….by a mere child…a little flyer…and I WILL get my revenge!”

Most of the other sharpteeth were stunned…until one of them asked a question…

“How could a little morsel of food kill your sister?”

When Dark-eye turned to see who had voiced their opinion, Bleeding Heart decided it was time to introduce the rest of his crew…

“The one who just questioned your loss was, Jodo, and as you can see….he can’t see…but he is one of the deadliest sharpteeth in the Mysterious Beyond….”

“The one to your far left is Leviathan and she seems to have the unnatural ability to disappear when ever she’s around water….come to think of it., if she even smells water, she can and will disappear.”

"The one next to her is Rahzorr, he has a bad temper and is willing to use it on just about anything...sometimes for no real reason...just because he can!"

Then B.H. pointed to another sharptooth and said… “This is Blackfoot my second in command, and by far the smartest sharptooth I have ever seen!”

The grey sharptooth beamed at being mentioned so highly to an outsider…however he couldn’t help but notice that B.H. sounded like he had a plan in the works…..

“Do you want revenge…Dark-eye?” asked Bleeding Heart

The returning look on Dark-eye’s face actually sent a chill down Bleeding Heart’s spine…but only for a moment before BH said

“Well, if you can lead us there….you may have a chance to seek your revenge.”

Dark-eye then bowed before him and said

“Yes master Bleed. I shall obey!”

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Awesome, a new update :DD . With new characters and a dark "to be continue" ending, it looks like things will turn more complicated now :yes .
 Keep it up!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This story is about to get alot more wild!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An interesting group of characters.  It seems the story will get much darker and dangerous before long.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And now for another update!

Chapter 16

Onyx's Trial

“You’re a WHAT!” cried Topsy at the top of his lungs.

Cyrix quickly ran over to his nephew and clasped his beak shut and commented by saying

“You know my nephew, he’ll say something stupid when he hasen’t had his lunch yet!”

“Yes, come to think of it…most of us are missing lunch right now…so for now this meeting is adjourned until the bright circle reaches the tall trees.” Said Grandpa Longneck….

A few minutes later…

Cyrix had taken the time to carefully pull Longtail away from the rest of the group as they continued to eat.

He then said at a whisper…

“Do you want them to figure out what you are and send you away….just like the rest?!”

Longtail looked at his uncle with a curious face and then replied

“This is more for me than it is for them….but I’ll follow your lead…for now uncle.”

“Very wise choice…now let’s see if we can find some treesweets.”

However…unknown to the two silently talking someone was watching and listening from the shadows…and had heard everything…

As everyone gathered back inside the meeting circle, Grandpa Longneck then addressed the growing crowd…

“Now that we’ve all had our fill of food…is there anything else important you would like to tell us Longtail?”

The flyer quickly looked over to his uncle and then looked up to meet the elders gaze and replied…

“No sir….nothing.”

Grandpa Longneck then nodded and continued his speech

“Now on to the issue of you Onyx.”

At that point all eyes were upon him…including his daughter who wanted to see how his trial was carried out…

“Well as we all know the only real person who can actually carry out your sentence Onyx, would be the one who captured you…” said Mr. Thicknose as he looked in Longtail’s general direction.

“…Longtail please step forward.”

He looked almost as stunned as a child could look, and his answer didn’t help at all.

“Wha-what do mean?”

Some of the elders found this amusing as they actually took the time to laugh…and then Ali answered

“You mean you don’t know…” she said with a look in her eyes.

“If an attack is committed by anyone inside the Great Valley, the individual who stops the attacks is allowed to decide that person punishment…” finished Littlefoot

Longtail looked around and noted that everyone now had there eyes on him…waiting and wanting to hear what he would decide.

This is too much…if this were a less serious matter I might actually be tempted to laugh…but now…” said Longtail to himself

Seeming to sense his nervous distress Littlefoot and the others all slowly approached Longtail, not wanting to startle him should he be thinking too hard.

Then Petrie decided to tap his friend on the head to get his attention…and surprisingly it worked.

Longtail looked over to see his friends rallied around him and then he heard her voice once more…

”My son...you have to choose…but choose wisely…for this may be the turning point for you…and them…now let your heart guide your feelings…”

’ Now why is it that I only hear your voice when everyone is actually around me?’ asked Longtail to his mother…

And she answered…

’ It is because they believe in you…you’ve given them trust and respect and now they are giving it back….even if they don’t realize it yet.’

As everyone awaited his reply some of the elders noticed that a small, devilish smile was creeping upon Longtails’ beak. Then he addressed everyone by saying…

“What you have done Onyx is a very serious offense here in this valley…..and I have the most fitting of punishments…”

“Death……right?” asked Onyx before Longtail could finish his sentence….but the flyer surprised everyone by telling him….

“No….not death…..as bad as you’ve acted lately…..not even you deserve to die…no I say….Exile!”

“Exile?” “Are you serious?!” asked Onyx

That outburst caused many of the others in the valley to comment, and murmur amongst themselves.

Longtail then tried an idea by raising his left wing into the air…the signal for everyone to settle down.

Many of the elders still had plenty to comment on as a random swimmer said

“But why exile and not death?”

Then Topsy spoke his mind…

"Don’t you think if he had wanted to kill Onyx…would we really be here having this meeting at all? The kid must have a reason.”

Then Mr. Thicknose retorted…

“I say we let Longtail speak….for if he does indeed have a reason…we are not going to hear it over our senseless arguing.”

Their eyes fell upon him once more as they waited for his comment on his choice…

“My choice for his exile is twofold….One…he still has a daughter…Teri…however reason Two would be…Onyx will not be leaving the valley…he will be sentenced to the top of Three-horn Peak….for….”

Then he became lost in thought for how long Onyx should be exiled….then the last person he expected to interfere with this actually voiced her opinion…

“I-I think it should only be until the tree-sweets fall and grow back in the warm times….”

Longtail looked over to see it was Teri who had spoken…then Longtail asked her

“Are you sure Teri?” she then nodded her head to ensure he knew…and said to her father

“Daddy…I just hope you’ve learned your lesson….I do look forward to your return.”

Just as Onyx spread his wings to take off to his new home for a while…he was stopped by Longtail when he said….

“Onyx…I want a rematch when you return…I’ll be waiting.” Then the young flyer smiled and nodded his head, and let Onyx depart…

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That was very good, I have enjoyed reading your fanfic so far and this chapter was no exception. Keep it up!, I have an eerie feeling about this fanfic :wow .