The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To all you haters who think Equestria Girls isn't cannon to the show, the following will disappoint you greatly.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/08/disc...ean-to-you.html

Yep, Megan McCarthy has confirmed it.  It's cannon! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's like any episode of the main show that you may not like.  You need never watch it again, that episode did happen and at least some of the folks involved learned something likely, but it still means you don't have to watch it, you can skip over it.  In Euistria Girls you can go from the last episode of season 3 right to the first episode of season 4, skipping over it as you can skip over any episode of the show you don't like.  I'm sure the movie has many fans, and some folks who don't like it.

I do wonder if they'll change the intro to season 4 and on since Twilight is now and alicorn.  I assume they will and look forward to finding out if they do and if so how much do they change it, and if the music is changed or not.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
If Equestria Girls is canon

Does that make this official live action music video of the song of the same name from the movie canon as well? (Jk about that second part, although the first remains utterly true)

Apparently High School is now filled with 12 year old girls and can't afford enough kid actors to fill in the cafeteria more to feel like the same scene from the movie.  :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe Twilight used the magic of the element of magic for the group to travel to a live action universe so they could do the song one last time before she goes back home.  This was all done offscreen between scenes of the movie.   :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
F*** no, Equestria Girls IS NOT CANON!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 1 2013 on  02:47 PM
F*** no, Equestria Girls IS NOT CANON!
Amen to that!  I really like MLP.  I really do.  But my dislike for Hasbro intensifies with each passing moment.  First off making a token wedding for a new playset with Shining Armor (Twilight's "BBBFF" that we'd never seen or even HEARD about before), then making Twilight a princess to sell Princess Twilight toys, and now Equestria Girls, the WORST excuse for a good movie I've ever seen.  A total ripoff and obvious low blow by Hasbro to sell more worthless toys.  Hasbro, take it from me.  If you want to sell your MLP toys, make them look at least halfway REALISTIC.....you know....like the characters that are actually IN THE SHOW!  DUHHHHH!  McDonalds did a better job than you for crying out loud!  The higher ups at Hasbro are complete and total morons and they'll destroy this show if given the chance.  Thankfully the staff that works on MLP is the most professional and competent I've ever seen.  They've managed to "cover up" all of Hasbro's mistakes and blunders.  But how long can they keep this up?  I mean, next we're going to have all of the mane 6 as princesses having tea parties and getting married to the stallions of their dreams.  YUK.  No thanks.  That's not why I got into this show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if they'd go that far.  I really hope not.  I can see the show lasting a long time if they don't mess anything up.  As for Equestria Girls I plan on ignoring it.  The same as some MLP episodes I don't like.  So I'll go from the least episode of season 3, right to the first of episode 4, in future viewings of the show.  Though I am annoyed by some stuff like Shining Armor appearing from nowhere, no mention of Twilight even having a brother before.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Honestly, I fail to see why people make such a big deal about changes to what they think should/should not be canon.  If you don't like what the writers of a show are doing, that's okay, but it's not really worth complaining about.  You didn't write the show, so it's not exactly like you can do anything about it.  

That said, I didn't see any problem with either Equestria Girls or the introduction of Shining Armor.  To the first one, it's not exactly like there's a hard and fast timeframe set up yet.  Creating a mid-off-season episode seems like a fantastic idea, actually.  If I were to ever actually have a TV show that I ran, I would think of doing things like that more often.  Keeps fan interest up.  And as to Shining Armor, it's not exactly like anypony ever asked Twilight about her family or anything.  And while she was in Ponyville, she was busily focused on her current task of Friendship Reports.  She probably filed away her dear BBBFF in one of those parts of her mind that she didn't dwell much on.  Plus, it's not like we had a camera on her 24/7.  She probably thought about home a lot, we just never saw it onscreen.  

Now, the toys...yeah, Hasbro needs to get their act together on that one.  Pinklestia, etc...not good.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Time for a voice to help justify my likeness for Equestria Girls.  Thank you, Cartoon Hero!  There's a reason I love your reviews.

http://blip.tv/thatguyinthecape/equestria-...-review-6633000

I pretty much agree with him.

There's nothing more I can say about it then he did. :)

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Sep 4 2013 on  02:50 AM
Oh hey its that one picture I made then completely forgot about later but then was reminded of when I saw that.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, this is getting ridiculous... It's taken more than 8 MINUTES for this page to load. And my laptop is relatively fast, even very big images take less than 10 seconds to load. So please, from now on, I would highly suggest that all animated images be linked to rather than posted directly. I know, you want to show us something funny, but it's impossible for me to find any humor in something that forces me to wait for minutes on end before I can finally even see it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Sep 1 2013 on  11:08 PM
Honestly, I fail to see why people make such a big deal about changes to what they think should/should not be canon.  If you don't like what the writers of a show are doing, that's okay, but it's not really worth complaining about.  You didn't write the show, so it's not exactly like you can do anything about it.  

That said, I didn't see any problem with either Equestria Girls or the introduction of Shining Armor.  To the first one, it's not exactly like there's a hard and fast timeframe set up yet.  Creating a mid-off-season episode seems like a fantastic idea, actually.  If I were to ever actually have a TV show that I ran, I would think of doing things like that more often.  Keeps fan interest up.  And as to Shining Armor, it's not exactly like anypony ever asked Twilight about her family or anything.  And while she was in Ponyville, she was busily focused on her current task of Friendship Reports.  She probably filed away her dear BBBFF in one of those parts of her mind that she didn't dwell much on.  Plus, it's not like we had a camera on her 24/7.  She probably thought about home a lot, we just never saw it onscreen.  

Now, the toys...yeah, Hasbro needs to get their act together on that one.  Pinklestia, etc...not good.
Definitely.

Just imagine that we're only seeing a little part of their life. And whatever's offscreen is yours to fill in.

As for the toys, try working a little harder.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.