The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thinking about it, Maud reminded me a bit of Daria, a cartoon character.  She had her own show that spun off from Beavis & Butthead.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had expected Maud to be duller than Pinkie, but I wasn't expecting her to be emotionless dull, but that actually helped this episode exceed my expectations. I liked how she said everything as it was with very few words, as well as when she stated that she was happy despite not showing it. Those two sisters are about as far apart in personality as you can possibly imagine, and yet they still love each other. Oh, and according to what was said on the train, Maud is older than Pinkie, so at least we know where they are in that detail.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For those wondering what Maud's Cutie Mark is, it did appear for a split second when she saved Pinkie.

Surprise!  It's a rock!

Oh, and do NOT check out EQD's Episode Followup unless you can handle rock puns in the text practically every paragraph!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Her cutie mark being a rock does make sense.  I wonder if she'll appear again or if she's a 1 shot character.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
A rock, oh of course it's a rock. What else could it be anyway. :D

This screenshot also made me flinch somehow. xD

And I think that this background is really well done.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll be watching it on the Brony Show stream of the Otaku stream.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

Okay, so this will be the last time I can watch a live stream before work changes my schedule to make me unable to.  After that, I'll only be able to catch it on YouTube, Dailymotion or some other place.  Oh well!  The streams were fun while they lasted.

Anyways, for today's episode, Sweetie Belle purposefully destroys one of Rarity's dresses that's for an elite client.  I expect plenty of sisterly arguing over it! :)

Well, here's the link for the streams.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/for-...ls-episode.html

I'll give my review and the YouTube posts later today!

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
interesting episode.  It was Sweetie Bell focused.   Nice that Luna appeared in the episode.  I can see how Sweetie Bell felt like she did, considering her age.  Though what she did was very bad.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST!

I find myself quite pleased with the episode.  Sweetie Belle became understandably upset when Rarity's dresses took all the attention away from the play she worked so hard on.  Yet, to go as far as purposefully removing a vital piece that kept the headdress together, I find quite shocking.  Sweetie Belle must have some deep wounds to go that far.

It is nice to see that Luna went as far as she did to help Sweetie Belle correct her mistake.  However, I do hope that just her appearing is not the main reason the fans like the episode.  It has a good story, a good lesson and it's VERY well done.  It deserves praise for far more than just Luna appearing, and I hope the fans know it.

Let's see, what's next?

Oh, the return of the Flim-Flam Brothers!  Let's see how Applejack handles it! :)

I'll post the online post soon!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ONLINE POST!

For those that missed the stream, here ya go!

YouTube

Daily Motion

Enjoy and I'll see ya later! :wave

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quite a nice episode. I like how Luna relates to Sweetie Belle by mentioning her past jealousy as a younger sister (we already know how that ended) and that Sweetie should not go down the same path. Also interesting is how the dream sequence focuses on the past (Sweetie's 5th birthday party) present (Sweetie sabotaging the headdress) and future (a very dark take on how Rarity could fall from grace), kind of like the classic story, A Christmas Carol. I say that's yet another sign of how popular this show is to make a reference like that. :)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I always liked stories involving dreams, and I really love what Luna is doing with her abilities.

I think the CMC are really progressing as characters lately. Sweetie Belle mastering her magic and things like that. I hope that in some episode they will get their cutie marks.

Also this. Seems I have something in common with Sapphire Shores. :D
I always wondered if dolphins would ever appear and how they would look like. My own interpretation was more realistic, but I like them this way, too.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Equestria Games has been given an official date....

and it's Episode 24, not 26.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/seas...-equestria.html

It really makes me wonder what the last 2 episodes are going to be then. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My guess would be opening the chest, some crisis they have to use the rainbow power thing.  The Brony Show has showed some sort of rainbow power figures.   Don't recall where they are, what country.   They also mentioned something about a rainbow country or empire being mentioned.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
We got some of those Rainbow Power Ponies in Germany (Rainbowfied Rainbow Dash. Yup, that's how they call it :D ).

Now that I think about it, this really could be a thing in the show itself.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If it does happen they may remain that way for a while like in the Equistria Girls movie, or it may be very brief like when they got the crystal pony appearance.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

Looks like I'll be able to continue watching the Live Streams before work, which I approve of. :)

Anyways, the Flim-Flam Brothers return to Ponyville with a cure-all tonic, guaranteed to remove all aches and pains, and it cures the bad hip Granny Smith has had since Season 1.  Gee, this should be good. :)

Here's the link!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/leap...treams-and.html

I'll give my review later tonight!

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile