The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder what the opening will be like.  And I'm looking to seeing season 4 as well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One of the upcoming Season 4 episodes is getting a lot of hype lately, and I mean GOOD hype.  In an upcoming episode, Scootaloo will be teased by Diamond Tiara for her inability to fly.  There's been a lot of speculation as to what will happen during the episode.

For instance, here's one comic based on the way a fan thinks said episode will end.

To be honest, regardless of the outcome, I'm just looking forward to what kind of punishment Diamond Tiara will get next. :D

We shall see, though. :)

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well my BFF Nahla showed me this show...I am now a Pegasister

I like Rarity for some reason,as well as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm up to Episode 10 in Season 1,I'm watching them all in order.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice.  Recently I decided to go back and re watch 1 episode a week till the next season starts.  I'm going to re-watch episode 3 later this afternoon.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As of today, I have now watched the first 11 episodes (which means the one I watched today was Winter Wrap-Up). I'll repeat myself again, after months of imagining the audio of this show, to finally hear the real deal is a little weird at first, but I soon get used to it. It helps that I've made a habit of watching each episode three times. (I start by watching the next one first, then the previous one for what is by then the third time, then back to the next one for a second time.)

Of course, it's not all consistent; some voices are easier for me to memorize than others. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were close to what I had imagined, so I was quick to adjust. I was a bit off with Applejack and Rarity, but their distinctive accents are helpful enough that I can now memorize them too. I'm still working on getting Twilight Sparkle right, but I think I'm getting close by now. Rainbow Dash has been the hardest of all for me, mostly because, before actually seeing the show, I used to imagine her voice might have been like Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls; I need to work on breaking that initial view if I'm going to memorize her actual voice. Finally, although Trixie's voice is quite different from what I had imagined, I know I've heard it somewhere before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

And let's not forget the music. It's quite strange trying to imagine what a song is like when you've got nothing but the lyrics to go by. A good case in point is Winter Wrap-Up. The tune is quite different from what I had imagined, but I'm okay with that. In fact, that tune is going through my head as I type this, despite the fact that it's been seven hours since watching the episode, with four hours of playing Civ V within that time. Now there's a testament to this particular song's catchy-ness I've heard people talk about.

Tomorrow's episode I'll be watching is Call of the Cutie, the one that introduced us to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'll soon find out how far off I was with their voices.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if they found out.  I doubt Discord would tell anyone how he got free, in case he is turned to stone again he'd want a secret way outl.  

Worst I'd say is Snip & Snails.  I just say worst since they admitted to a lot of folks what they did  so a good percent of Ponyville heard their confession.   They got off to lightly for what they did.  Don't want to say in case of spoilers.

& Silver spoon, or whatever her name is, while editor of a paper.  She got off very easy also for what she did in my opinion.  Maybe cause she's rich she got of easy.  Maybe Snip & Snail's parents are rich or very high up in the ponyville government and like in real life they get off very easy for what they do.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder if the CMC will ever get their cutie marks..it been 3 seasons already...Most likely not though...only in fanfiction.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As of today, I have now seen all of season 1, plus the two-part season 2 premier, featuring Discord. My assumption of what his voice sounded like was way off. (Despite having seen many episodes of Star Trek: the Next Generation, I never saw any appearances of this Q guy, so the popular comparison apparently never worked for me.) Fortunately, his voice is similar enough to something else I've heard before (Metus from the Bionicle movie The Legend Reborn) that I can easily adjust my imagination. After 28 episodes, the actual voices of the main 6 and the CMC are now familiar to me, and it will only improve as I now move on to season 2 episodes.

I already have many ideas for MLP:FiM fanfiction, but I'll wait until I'm finally up to date with watching the actual show before starting anything.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You have till my birthday to get caught up.  November 23, last I heard is the premier date of season 4.  

I see why they got him to play Discord, he fits the character well.  I heard some folks who work on the show, forgot who, who said they asked him, not thinking he'd accept to do voice work on a cartoon show.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I found the start time as well.  According to The Futon Critic (contains spoilers), the show will start on November 23rd at 10:00 am.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile