The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I find it both hilarious and terrifying that they're putting the 4th Season premiere of MLP up against the 50 Year Anniversary Special of Doctor Who. Hoo boy, I am already picturing the flame wars of that forthcoming night. Because you know both the Bronies and the Whovians are going to be online that night. ALL of the Bronies and the Whovians. And both are known for being highly volatile and flammable lots. And they'll be taking up the same bandwidths that night. Oh, God. I'm scared.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, going to warn you now, this one is LONG!  I would suggest giving yourself a full day to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDfoZGhLjE

Start there and watch ALL the parts!  It's worth it! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting pictures.  I didn't read the text since I don't want to be spoiled.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Still proceeding with watching each episode of the series, one per day, three times each. As of today, I have just finished season 2. I can now confirm for myself that Shining Armor's voice really does sound like Jaller from the first Bionicle movie (not exactly, but very close). All I have left to see is season 3 and the Equestria Girls movie. By the time I get there, season 4 should've just started, so that will leave me with two new episodes to watch right afterward. (Edit: assuming they don't get taken down from YouTube before I get a chance to watch them)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They have not so far, some maybe bit I see some episodes up now and then, and the Brony show is able to stream an episode every Monday so far, when they have an official show.  

I'm looking forward to the new season and the fact it'll have 26 episodes again.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Apparently, in the latest MLP Comic, there was a Gordon Ramsey (Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares/MasterChef) Shout out!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/gord...t-his-pony.html

Now to find a way to get my hands on that comic since I'm such a fan of him. (Or at least of the shows he's on. :) )

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, time to do this again! :)

LIVE STREAM INFO!

Here are the ones that will Live Stream the first episode of the new season.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/seas...hons-today.html

Take your pick on this one! :)

Also, I won't be able to give my review of the new episode until after work tomorrow due to a VERY early schedule.

So, until then, see ya! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice that folks have a list to pick from, but looks like The Brony Show is not listed.  I remember Monday night that Circuit Mane did say they were going to stream he'd do the regular Saturday morning cartoons thing they do.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, the Day of The Doctor and season 4 of mlp coming out on the same day?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN. CHOO CHOO.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As of this moment, I have now seen every single episode that has aired to date. That will obviously change tomorrow, but hopefully for only a few hours.

I still haven't seen that Equestria Girls movie, so hopefully I'll be able to find it on YouTube and see it. Hopefully, by the time I'm finished that, someone will have uploaded the season 4 premier episodes. I'll admit, it's going to feel rather strange to finally be able to watch an episode (let alone, two of them back-to-back) before reading any comments on them. I'll be able to form my own unbiased opinion on what I see, not that I ever make any strong opinions, anyway.

Yeah, looks like I'm going to be rather busy tomorrow. Good thing I've been preparing for this for a while.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Wait, according to the comments under the first of those articles DaddyTops linked, the bronies have somehow gotten it into their heads that Twilight's mom wrote the Daring Do books. What. How? ...When did this particular piece of fanon happen?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I looked and there are several folks that have the My Little Pony Equestria Girls movie.

I read that about Twilight's mother, no idea where it started.  Maybe it's said that in a comic issue.  I know on another forum one person speculated that just because Twilight has all the books of the series.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^ :slap Come on!  Just because she has EVERY book, does NOT mean her mom is the author!  Twilight's more likely just a big fan of the Daring Doo Series of books.

I'm sure our answer will come in a future episode this season. (In fact, there is a future episode synopsis that says Rainbow Dash and Twilight will meet the author.)

Anyways, one last time, here is the official list for those that will stream the first episode of the new season.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/prin...le-episode.html

Well, time for me to get ready for work.

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is silly thinking.  Just cause someone has all the books of a book series it doesn't mean their mother or father is the author.  

Tried all the streams on that list and not any of them worked.  I'm glad the Brony Show works.  

At worst I"ll have to download it from youtube later this afternoon like I have done before.